Cleveland Launcher XL Halo FW Woods and Hybrid Preview

Me too. I always go between thinking easier to hit actually being easier to hit or just easier to hit if you're already pretty able to hit a hybrid / wood well. I've found I have a fairly steep swing angel and that makes anything that isn't an iron problematic for me because sometimes I dig in, but this can help solve that problem as well.

I think it's easier to hit period. And the rails are a great feature. I'm intrigued by the 18 and 21 degree models.

I'll give the Hy-wood a go for sure. It seems like they have taken the Callaway Heavenwood and applied it to a hybrid.

I used to play the original hybrid - halos and loved them. I'd try these in a minute!

I'll give the Hy-wood a go for sure. It seems like they have taken the Callaway Heavenwood and applied it to a hybrid.
It reminds me in many ways of the W/S Fybrid, which was before the HW and damn brilliant.

This thing has me super curious.

It reminds me in many ways of the W/S Fybrid, which was before the HW and damn brilliant.

yup and I think that OG fybrid was like 19.5 degrees. I won't lie, its what I was thinking of when seeing the info on this one.

yup and I think that OG fybrid was like 19.5 degrees. I won't lie, its what I was thinking of when seeing the info on this one.
Same. And you’re correct, it was 19.5, which makes me even more intrigued at this at 18

The Hy-Wood sounds interesting. 3W is my tee club when I need something in the fairway but off the deck is a struggle. Hy-Wood would probably replace it in both spots.

I don’t remember that club. I do know I will be hitting this one. Seems it could eliminate two clubs in my bag if I can make it function as intended.

It is a foregone conclusion that i will be purchasing the Hy-Wood. It has been on my mind all day. No use trying to fight it off at this point.

Same. And you’re correct, it was 19.5, which makes me even more intrigued at this at 18
Reminds me also of the F6 baffler. A great club that was never available to us lefties. Thank you Cleveland!

I'm loving CG's releases so far this year. Definitely need to get my hands on some of these to hit. The Hy-wood sounds like it could be an interesting addition to some folks' bags. Not sure where it'd fit in mine, but I could see it replacing my 18˚ hybrid if it's equally accurate.

Par 5 yesterday on the Irish course at Whistling Straits. I hit a good drive that left me 245 home and it was 205 to carry the little creek in front of it. Danny hit his ball and was left of the green but in good shape and I grabbed the Hy-Wood 18 degree and absolutely SMOKED it. If it wasn't an elevated green it might have even gotten to the front edge. Was about 10 yards short on the uphill and just paused and stared at the club for a second or two.

Par 5 yesterday on the Irish course at Whistling Straits. I hit a good drive that left me 245 home and it was 205 to carry the little creek in front of it. Danny hit his ball and was left of the green but in good shape and I grabbed the Hy-Wood 18 degree and absolutely SMOKED it. If it wasn't an elevated green it might have even gotten to the front edge. Was about 10 yards short on the uphill and just paused and stared at the club for a second or two.
This is the type of thing that I like to hear about this club. The need to have this in the bag is strong.

When I was playing with @Golfever earlier he had a heavenwood and sung it's praises, he hit it very well. The BB21 driver and these long clubs may just be the answer to the top of my bag questions. That's my least consistent spot.

Irons in this line look pretty nice

LauncherXL

Launcher XL Halo

Irons in this line look pretty nice

LauncherXL

Launcher XL Halo

Nice.

Well it seems like lefty hy-woods are back ordered until late September. Cancelled my order. Bummed 🙁

Well it seems like lefty hy-woods are back ordered until late September. Cancelled my order. Bummed 🙁
Check budget golf. Not sure THP coupon can be used, but last I heard they are shipping at the appropriate time.

Put my Hy-Wood on order this morning…..threw in a 4HY for good measure.

checked this line up at GG yesterday. It all looks very good. Saw a nice selection of regular and A shafts for fairway woods, hy-wood and hybrids. The hybrids looked and felt great.

Back