Callaway JAWS Full Toe Wedges

The feedback from @Tenputt has got my attention. When my guy Craig is wow’d, I know I will be.

Got ages until mine comes!
Super excited though, if this plays as good as the PM Grind then my mid 50s wedge dilemma could be over

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure about the raw finish on the face, but, otherwise, I think these look great.

What can I say, ain't no PM Grind. The pics show the Jaws Full Face with my 58° Chrome and 60° Black Nickel OG PM Grinds.

Too many first impressions, but it looks fantastic and small compared to the PMs. Almost like a normal wedge when I pulled it out of the plastic. The radius of the leading edge is much straighter, but the bounce and grind are really what caught my attention. Definitely no PM U Grind here, and its feels higher then 10° on the floor. The toe is rounded off and shorter. The heelside face seems a groove or more taller. The shaft is softer and so is the UTX grip. You can feel the Raw face milling and it's grippy for sure.

I like Chrome wedges and this chrome is shinny and nothing like the cheap spray paint matte finish of the OG Chrome PM. The back of the wedge looks awesome, all business with everything done with a purpose. I do think there's going to be glare line off the face edge, but that maybe perfect for alignment.

Roger's update to the OG PM Grind and it's definitely far from (too normal?) Phil's 'too extreme' 2019 PM Grind. We will see, hope to get out ASAP!

What can I say, ain't no PM Grind. The pics show the Jaws Full Face with my 58° Chrome and 60° Black Nickel OG PM Grinds.

Too many first impressions, but it looks fantastic and small compared to the PMs. Almost like a normal wedge when I pulled it out of the plastic. The radius of the leading edge is much straighter, but the bounce and grind are really what caught my attention. Definitely no PM U Grind here, and its feels higher then 10° on the floor. The toe is rounded off and shorter. The heelside face seems a groove or more taller. The shaft is softer and so is the UTX grip. You can feel the Raw face milling and it's grippy for sure.

I like Chrome wedges and this chrome is shinny and nothing like the cheap spray paint matte finish of the OG Chrome PM. The back of the wedge looks awesome, all business with everything done with a purpose. I do think there's going to be glare line off the face edge, but that maybe perfect for alignment.

Roger's update to the OG PM Grind and it's definitely far from (too normal?) Phil's 'too extreme' 2019 PM Grind. We will see, hope to get out ASAP!
Really really looking forward to your thoughts, since you’ve played the PM Grind and are familiar with it.

... Mail man is a comin' today

First round…damn Hurricane.

Mia approves.

Attachments

• B8C43269-D6D2-4F14-97D8-C666842E6FF8.jpeg
    B8C43269-D6D2-4F14-97D8-C666842E6FF8.jpeg
    52.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 847373AC-7D3E-406A-A580-D6BD940B2169.jpeg
    847373AC-7D3E-406A-A580-D6BD940B2169.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 10C160E9-7181-4723-8464-7E0CD6A8200B.jpeg
    10C160E9-7181-4723-8464-7E0CD6A8200B.jpeg
    126.3 KB · Views: 27
  • E126227F-C4D1-4FB6-B1BF-B6CD789929F3.jpeg
    E126227F-C4D1-4FB6-B1BF-B6CD789929F3.jpeg
    210.8 KB · Views: 29
  • EDC05C66-731C-485B-B1FD-82FAD7B138C1.jpeg
    EDC05C66-731C-485B-B1FD-82FAD7B138C1.jpeg
    190.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 04178D03-B0A3-4B75-9341-B0BF1E83C950.jpeg
    04178D03-B0A3-4B75-9341-B0BF1E83C950.jpeg
    176.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 69246DD2-B0AA-46ED-919E-C3C103036728.jpeg
    69246DD2-B0AA-46ED-919E-C3C103036728.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 31
Really liking how these sit at address to the ball. Much more pleasing to the eye vs the PM model.

Really liking how these sit at address to the ball. Much more pleasing to the eye vs the PM model.
This is exactly how I feel. I'm still waiting for these to hit the demo rack locally but I like the shape

Agreed, and you can see in the one picture it's not offensive even when you open it up for Phil-lop shots.

Well, I checked my order and I'm 4-6 weeks backordered - Have to find out what is causing the delay.....

First round…damn Hurricane.

Mia approves.

Looks good at address. Can't wait to see how it works for you with the 3/4 and higher shots (the area I'm not good at with my current PM Grinds)

I'm playing 18 Sat morning and likely 9 in the afternoon. Hopefully I can get some data in the afternoon if I get there early. Club has a grass range that should be open.

I'm still rolling outside to check the patio every time I hear a delivery truck in the neighborhood...

PXL_20210903_004901527.PORTRAIT.jpg
Hit 30-40 ball in and around the practice bunker plus 14 yesterday. Not a pretty face anymore, but the back's still shiny.

Dropped a dozen in the bunker and hit six with my PM 60° then six with the Jaws 60°. The glide thru the sand with the Jaws was just effortless and shocking, making the PM suddenly seem sluggish and heavy. Is the Jaws C-grind that much better from the sand then the U-grind? I think it is, but time will tell.

I then tried a bunch of chips and lobs from the not so friendly Bermuda rough. Square, toe down, toe up flops, it did everything well. The grind, bounce and straighter sole radius seemed just right. A number just checked and stopped from the rough and the same for from the bunker. Even as an average SS player, checking balls around the green is not totally uncommon, but then it dawned on me; this was with a bag of trash 2-piece balls! I don't remember square grooves griping as well. Whatever it is this face is superfly aka like flypaper.

On the course, I left my SW home and hit everything with the Jaws 60°. Not surprisingly, I left a lot of shots short, sometimes just the wrong wedge and a lot to do with not having it dialed in. I hit a number of full shots that I would never use a 60° for, but like in the sand, even fatted shots seemed to glide out easier. So first report in and the bottom line is; the Jaws feels all around friendlier and more like a scalpel then my trusty old battle axe PM Grinds.

Almost forgot that I luv the feel of this wedge. It has an audible click that somehow sounds soft to me. Clicky and soft is an oxymoron, but I'm making that claim, at least for now.

What don't I like? I like to choke down on my wedges and the UTX grip is just too thin at the bottom and much narrower then the PM's MCCs. No worries, I've got a MCC Plus4 donor club for a grip swap.

Last edited:
View attachment 9025743
Hit 30-40 ball in and around the practice bunker plus 14 yesterday. Not a pretty face anymore, but the back's still shiny.

Dropped a dozen in the bunker and hit six with my PM 60° then six with the Jaws 60°. The glide thru the sand with the Jaws was just effortless and shocking, making the PM suddenly seem sluggish and heavy. Is the Jaws C-grind that much better from the sand then the U-grind? I think it is, but time will tell.

I then tried a bunch of chips and lobs from the not so friendly Bermuda rough. Square, toe down, toe up flops, it did everything well. The grind, bounce and straighter sole radius seemed just right. A number just checked and stopped from the rough and the same for from the bunker. Even as an average SS player, checking balls around the green is not totally uncommon, but then it dawned on me; this was with a bag of trash 2-piece balls! I don't remember square grooves griping as well. Whatever it is this face is superfly aka like flypaper.

On the course, I left my SW home and hit everything with the Jaws 60°. Not surprisingly, I left a lot of shots short, sometimes just the wrong wedge and a lot to do with not having it dialed in. I hit a number of full shots that I would never use a 60° for, but like in the sand, even fatted shots seemed to glide out easier. So first report in and the bottom line is; the Jaws feels all around friendlier and more like a scalpel then my trusty old battle axe PM Grinds.

Almost forgot that I luv the feel of this wedge. It has an audible click that somehow sounds soft to me. Clicky and soft is an oxymoron, but I'm making that claim, at least for now.

What don't I like? I like to choke down on my wedges and the UTX grip is just too thin at the bottom and much narrower then the PM's MCCs. No worries, I've got a MCC Plus4 donor club for a grip swap.
Excellent feedback!

Back