Reshaft or Buy a new one?

jag398

Reaction score
Handicap
I have a tour edge exotics 3 wood (the original model) and I absolutely love it. I have decided to either reshaft it or get a new one and am not quite sure what would work best. My swing speed is roughly 112 mph with a driver and I just got a new r11 and had a RIP alpha put into it. I really like the way the ball comes off of it and the trajectory is great for me since I normally have a 20+ launch angle. I am thinking about reshafting my 3 wood, but it seems the price on some of nicer shafts are north of $200... so the question is should I reshaft the 3 wood (and I really do hit it pretty well) or get a new one that has an upcharge of about $60 to put in a great quality shaft?

I would recommend a shaft fitting to find out exactly which way will benefit you more in terms of ball flight and go that route.

Why reshaft it? Don't mess up a good thing if you love the club.

I would recommend a shaft fitting to find out exactly which way will benefit you more in terms of ball flight and go that route.

+2. If the reshaft is a must, I would try to find the perfect shaft through a proper fitting.

Yea, I'm getting new shafts for my irons. Just hoping the place I go has multiple types of shafts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say find the shaft that fits you best (fitting) and then go get it re-shafted. Why go with another FW if you like the one you have so much?

True Confessions: OK, so I bought the woman's Diablo Draw 9 wood. It's a free country, right? I really like my Diablo 7 wood with draw bias. I wanted a 9 wood with draw bias as well and found a used one in great shape. It does have cute little flowers on the shaft though. But, try my best, I can't keep from swinging hard enough to consistently push it to the left. New shaft needed, right? I have the 7 wood from the men's set with regular flex Callaway graphite. Think the same would be good for the 9 wood? Is there something comparable that may be less expensive than the Callaway shaft? Where best to have it done? Dick's? Thanks, Pat
ps- wisecracks expected, but beware of payback…..

I'll spare the jokes till I'm done with finals on Friday, but the shaft is probably really, really weak. You definitely need a reshaft. I'd take it to a golf shop, but dicks should be fine for your situation.

Frankly, if you love this club, why bother with the re-shaft? Do you feel like you're giving up distance? Is the accuracy lacking for you? It sounds like you have a real gem on your hands. I wouldn't mess with that, especially if you love it and it's working for you.

The only real gripe I have about it is that it balloons on me every so often and this does get frustrating when your playing a good round or playing a long par 5 and end up losing 50 to 70 yards. It's not real common, but it does happen once every 6 to 8 shots I'd have to guess. It's a great club and I do feel lucky that I found the right 3 wood for me because I didn't have the same luck with the first few a few years back.

Like others have said, get fitted or stick with what you've got. But if you do get fitted and want to get something new, why not? You can always go back to the old club. I was facing the same issue with my hybrid. I too have the Titleist 585H (but mine is graphite), I loved the club but wanted to give something new a try. After trying a few shafts (I wouldn't call this a true fitting) I decided to go with the Taylor Made Raylor. I tried it for a few practice sessions and rounds, but I didn't hit it as well, or as far, as my Titleist, so it went back in the bag and I'm selling the Raylor. No harm done.

Back