Under Appreciated Bands/Artists?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
I love music, all music (except radio country ****). Always listening, car, mower, while writing, even sleeping (I have tinnitus), so I’m always thinking about things like this.

Who to you, band or artist, is under appreciated?

• Staff
I’ll start.

Counting Crows.

Yes, some massive hits, but their deep cuts are SO good.

I’ll start.

Counting Crows.

Yes, some massive hits, but their deep cuts are SO good.

saw them in concert once, them and Live together. It was a good night.

Jellyfish.
They are Beatles meets Queen. Critics darlings. Bad timing.
Apologies for the obscureness.

Semisonic ( of “ Closing Time” fame)
Might be a better pick here. So many good songs and terrific/tasteful guitar throughout their albums.

I always thought Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet band was underatted. They had some big hits, but I think that just about everything they did was awesome.

The Animals Just got overshadowed in the British Invasion!

The first band that comes to mind for me is The Replacements.

In terms of stage performance powerman 5000 was amazing. I used to go to a concert series called Memphis in May years back and so many good bands there.

Since the absolute best genre of music isn't allowed in this post, that's all I will add. Nah, C W McCall is great, I can't do it without putting in an underappreciated country icon.

The Band Unbelievably underrated!

Man, I'm now googling what they think and I am blown away at bands I thought were well known and popular but needed to be on a list like this.

Rise Against.. Incredible.
Brand New.. Incredible.

I'm very partial to the late, great Warren Zevon.

saw them in concert once, them and Live together. It was a good night.

Was that the tour from a few years ago? I saw them + Live when they came to Houston and Dennis Rodman of all people came out on stage to sing Lightning Crashes... Completely bizarre as Rodman has no ties to Houston as far as I know. Guess he was just rolling around on tour with them.

Was that the tour from a few years ago? I saw them + Live when they came to Houston and Dennis Rodman of all people came out on stage to sing Lightning Crashes... Completely bizarre as Rodman has no ties to Houston as far as I know. Guess he was just rolling around on tour with them.

nah this was way back I want to say in like 2000-2001.

Paul Simon

Live, never got to see them perform in person but loved every album released, some radio time but don't think they were ever appreciated as much as they should've been

and whoa yeah that is crazy that Rodman would be out there to sing that haha

I have always thought 311 was criminally underrated in the 90's. They crushed every album and they put on a really good show. I know 40 or so of their songs by heart.

I have always thought 311 was criminally underrated in the 90's. They crushed every album and they put on a really good show. I know 40 or so of their songs by heart.
I like you more now.

Gary Allan

China Crisis. British band from the 80's.

Back