2011 THP Outing Recap Thread

Here are some awards I would like to hand out...

Tail between your legs moment: Puttin4bird asking JB if he can RENT his own driver for the weekend after he loses to JB and Hawk on Sat morning. This conversation took place on FRIDAY night. Way to have confidence Jake!

Muscle Beach Award: Ole Gray after breaking his driver in the middle of his swing. He’s been pumping some iron lately and I think it’s time to lay low for him.

I’m such an idiot award: I have to give myself that one. Who tries to play a safe shot and ends up on the ground after the ball comes back off a tree and hits them.

Best Tension Breaker: Hawks 1st drive on the Squire course. Even the marshall was impressed with that drive. Good thing for Hawk it was a breakfast ball and he pounded the 2nd shot down the middle.

Best Moment of the Weekend: Belbin winning the short game contest. All the talk about no short game and he steps up early and knocks one close. Even TC couldn't heckle him about that.

Wait I’m playing Golf Today Moment: One-T. Last year it was me on Sunday morning, this year it was my friend One-T. Though it sure sounds like he carried JB to victory haha

Dress like a WWF Star at Demo Day: OEM Kevin decided he needed to dress like the Iron Sheik for the afternoon sessions.

“DId I break the 14 club rule” award: Yoccos! When I looked at Yoccos bag on Saturday he had a full set of cg16’s, machspeeds(minus the 7i), and Taylormade CB’s. I’m not sure how his bag held all of them. At least he lightened the load by knocking out one of the CG16's.

Smartest guy on Team Bushwood: Coolbreeze because he was not wearing that Team Bushwood Cotton shirt in that heat

hahahahaha

Most powerful iron swing goes to Yoccos for separating a CG16 head from the ultra-serious Monaco shafts. I have an excellent picture to show of the outcome.

hahahahaha

Most powerful iron swing goes to Yoccos for separating a CG16 head from the ultra-serious Monaco shafts. I have an excellent picture to show of the outcome.

That award could go to JB for Worst Epoxy Job Ever Award.

hahahahaha

I was standing next to JB when he came back and had to show the damage haha

Tail between your legs moment: Puttin4bird asking JB if he can RENT his own driver for the weekend after he loses to JB and Hawk on Sat morning. This conversation took place on FRIDAY night. Way to have confidence Jake!
Dude that was all gamesmanship on my part! Trying to lull him into a false sense of security. For the record....it did not work.

Dude that was all gamesmanship on my part! Trying to lull him into a false sense of security. For the record....it did not work.

Clearly, and you did get to "rent" your own driver for the weekend haha

Most nonchalant putting award has to go to dmb012.

"Yea dudes, it's really hot and I drank..."

*sinks 12 footer*

"...too much last night."

I thought you had him buddy, and thank you for the kind words. It was great meeting you and for anyone who hasn't P4B he's the best guy you could hope to meet.

This past weekend was filled some some great times, I hate it had to end.

Day 1 Golf- I was partnered with Rhino for a team best ball. I was excited for the opportunity to tee it up with him, P4B’s father, and my brother(TC). We had some good laughs and all hit some nice shots. Rhino is a good guy and after he finally stopped acting like a nervous wreck around hole 6 he started hitting some good shots. P4B’s dad is one of the nicest dudes I know, all weekend him and I would talk about whatever, he was always smiling and a fun guy to tee it up with. P4B, I really liked hanging with your pops, make sure you tell him that! Rhino and I came in with an 84 for our best ball round.

Day 2- Demo day was a blast, I swung clubs til my arms fell off, I also took that time to try and just walk around and talk to people about equipment. What they liked and didn’t like. Also, I really enjoyed offering up some equipment to try that I personally liked….I know I talked a couple of guys into the K15…hehe. Degoins could rip a driver, it was quite entertaining watching that guys back swing, I swear he touched the ground with the club head…. For some reason P4B and I always end up sharing a spot on the range and taking turns hitting clubs. Especially the Callaway stuff to figure out our Morgan Cup equip. I think the best drives I hit all weekend were on the launch monitor, I had a gallery and I bet people walked away thinking I can hit I driver…guess what, I still cant! I think Pandute took more swings than anyone at the outing, it was cool to see she was that determined to hit stuff and you could tell she was working hard on her game.

Day 3- the Squire- Me, OEM Kevin, Yorkem, and Yorkems Friend(Chunkylover)- we had such a great time! We all hit some awesome shots, I watched Yorkem drain a freaken long putt, it was awesome and it broke about 4 times. Chunkylover and myself were going toe to toe in a match that came to the 18th hole where he had to make a putt to win, it was a 3 footer. Glad we tied! Hahaha. Vanessa will be missed!!!! I shot an 86
The scramble was probably one of the funniest golf rounds I have experienced in a while. It was me, Yoccos, P4B, and Spank. We got to the 6th hole and hadn’t had a birdie yet, that’s where we decided it was time to drink some beers. We took turns buying $50 12 packs(ouch) and we finished at 6 under….without the pink ball which we lost on 3. We did birdie number 6 and let out the biggest ROAR we could just to let people know we were awesome. The putt that TC made on 18 was so incredible, I will say that our team was first in the clubhouse so we made sure we waited on 18 to “hug it out” with every team that finished, I haven’t laughed that hard in a while.
Day 4- The Champions course with JB, Yorkems Friend(chunkylover), and RXGus- I played like poop and felt like poop. I over partied Saturday night but wouldn’t change that to for a better round of golf. I laughed so hard Saturday night and didn’t take one minute for granted of getting to hang out with friends before I left Sunday. I do wish I had played better, but I wasn’t there to impress anyone. I hit some good shots, made some good putts, Hit Chunkylover on 18(he said it didn’t hurt). I was 2 over on the bear trap from the tips but finished with a 95. I will be happy to not hear the words good good for a while. Hehe. JB was my partner and carried me around the course…glad he did cause I sucked. He is fun to golf with because he will pick you up when your down and also not hesitate to let you know your sucking. JB is never out of a hole and its fun to watch him make some crazy shot that brings him right back in it. Gus hit some great shots, he out drove me with his 3 wood…and reminded me of it. Chunky is a fun dude to be around and I love how much he laughs.
I made some great new friends at this outing and you know who you are! I don’t wanna name names so I don’t upset the ones I don’t name. I will think of some nicknames sometime. Yoccos was my roomie and I couldn’t have asked for a better one. Him and I are good buddies and it was great to get to have some good talks with him. I cant wait til the next one and I can assure you I will be there.

I am going to share as much as I can remember and will probably add more to the thread as I remember. It was such a busy, yet fun weekend. I wish this was a week and then maybe I could spend a little more time with everyone in attendance.

Friday Morning: My wife and I arrived at PGA National to check in and sitting right in the lobby was GG. She gave us a warm hug and the outing was on. The resort is stunning and we are just in awe. We are able to get an early check-in and proceed up to our room, which is very nice and clean and we have the most amazing view of the pool area. We are a little hungry after the ride over the alley, so we head downstairs to grab a quick breakfast and then out to the demo day.

We pull up to the Haig driving range and I'm glad I didn't attempt to dress like a pro. I though Ian Poulter was out there and he had a better swing. No one was going to beat rbelbin and then True Temper put up a valiant effort as well. There were some really creative ideas. After trying to convince my wife that she should get some knee high socks as that is a current fashion I am fond of, but she didn't believe, ahh2fly is wearing them for her costume. I love being right.

There were so many clubs to hit and after hitting some of the TM offerings I had not had a chance to hit before on an open range, I went through and hit as many items as I could and took as many notes as well. I'm glad the demo part was an entire day, we needed it. Big thanks to Dr Teeth for letting me hit your irons and AHA for trying the wedges and irons as well as rbelbin for trading clubs back and forth.

The contests were a lot of fun. I was respectable on the driver contest, getting to about 5', I chilidipped my wedge shot (should have gone early), and I missed the target on my putt by about 2'. They were a lot of fun and the heckling was even better.

Friday Night: I had a ton of nerves leading up to the dinner tonight. I knew I was going to have to get up to present the gifts to Josh and Morgan and now Lucas in front of everyone and I was really at a loss for words. I wrote down some thoughts in my room just to get them out and it helped a lot. I said nothing close to what I wanted to, but I think everyone could feel what I was trying to say and how much JB and GG mean to all of us. It was an emotional moment and I want to thank the group for picking me to be represent you up there. I hope I did you proud.

The dinner and service was phenomenal and wish I was hungry for more. Seems like everyone won something at the table except dmb and us. We were happy for them and the drama of the wheel of death was exhilarating.

Saturday Morning: We were up bright and early and headed to breakfast. I got heckled for brining my clubs with me. I like sleeping with them, leave me alone. :) Breakfast was fantastic and the fruit was so fresh. The egg whites were a nice touch for those of us who love them.

My round on the Squire was with ddec, TC and Capt Golf. I've played with TC and Capt Golf several times and it was enjoyable to tee it up with them again. I was really looking forward to playing with my teammate ddec. He's a great guy and I felt like we had been friends for years. He's going to give some Hackers heartburn come August.

TC and I had a fun match with a few dollars on the line. We were going to play front, back and overall matchplay. I had a triple and a quad on the front for a 46 and was 2 down and TC takes the lead. I really thought he was going to run away with it. I hung in there I won the first two holes on the back with par and made a match of it. It came down to 18 for the overall. I hit my drive to the right and TC split the middle. I layed up to 135 and he was sitting at about 100. He originally had a hybrid in his hands and he decided to just go with the layup. I hit first and there was a lot of wind in our face. There was trouble everywhere and that green is about the size of a fist. My ball was sitting in an old divot. I took a 9 iron and put it to 8'. Lucas had to do something special to give himself a birdie shot. He hit it to about 18'. He two putted and I needed a two putt for the back and overall win. I did that, we shook hands and it was done. We had a great match and he is the ultimate competitor. I tip my hat to you brother. I ended up with a 40 on the back with an 86 and Lucas had an 84.

Saturday Afternoon: My scramble round on the Champions course was played with Uncle Daddy, Spank's friend and OEM. We had a blast. I think I got drunk just by sitting next to UD. He's a character and funny and a larger than life personality. We had two bogeys and missed a 4 footer on 17 and finished second to TC's team by one. Highlight for me was sinking the putt on 18 to tie the clubhouse leaders. I feel no pressure :D The theatre of everyone on 18 was awesome. That was a lot of fun seeing everyone ohhh and ahh on every shot.

Sunday Morning: My Champions round with Hawk, Yoccos and dmb was a lot of fun. Highlight was Yoccos losing a clubhead on his second shot on one. That course was incredibly hard and we played the last 4 from the tips.

I met as many people as I could and everyone was just incredibly nice and felt like long lost friends. I really enjoy these outings for the friendships.

Another big thanks to 9-iron, Mary and Thainer for all of you did organizing the gifts for JB and GG.

Awards:
Largest Hands Award: TC. He told me he had recently changed to midsized grips and that I should do the same. I told him I had small hands. He held up his hand and encouraged me to compare, the end of my fingers were at his last knuckle. He has a hand of bananas. I'll stick with my standard grips, thank you very much.

Clutch Putting: TC. With everyone surrounding your putt and you knowing the win was on the line, you came through. What was even funnier is you saying you couldn't see anything, that was classic.

Best Commentary: Spank's friend Chris would commentate his errors after each bad shot. Oh, topped it or hit it fat. He knew exactly what he did after each shot.

Best use of Pink Balls: Hawk teeing it up from the fairway on 16 and driving it into the drink.

Best use of Blue Balls: Yoccos whenever he hit his and damn, those things are impossible to see. I really just wanted to say blue balls.

Best seat guarding: AHA and Mrs. AHA saving seats for Mrs. Biggsy and I and she came up to sit down and the two AHAs said they were reserved for us...my wife practically had to show identification to sit down. I guess she cleans up pretty well. :)

Worst display of caddying prowess: TC. On 14 of the Squire, he suggests I use 3 wood because of the trouble, which I agreed and used and hit the fairway. Then he takes driver, which got a chuckle from the group and he proceeds to yank it into the junk. I made birdie :D

Best and Worst Hair: coolbreeze. Oh, it's pretty alright, but you may want to trim that for August.

Best Quote: Uncle Daddy. When TC sunk his putt on 18 to win the scramble, he says "That's my DNA right there."

I thought you had him buddy, and thank you for the kind words. It was great meeting you and for anyone who hasn't P4B he's the best guy you could hope to meet.

p4b is a great guy. He kept telling Nerfny that the Morgan Cup is going to be one giant bachelor party for me. I think he got her a little bit nervous haha.

Some more awards.

Best line of an opponent ever - P4B saying "can you please just stay at -1 for the round so when I lose it wont look as bad as if I lose and you shoot 90".
The Disappearing Act Award - Hanks. I dont think anybody has seen him since he left IBar out of the blue to chase some tweets...hehe
The Most Clubs in the Bag - Yoccos - Like DDec said, guy had about 39 clubs in a bag and it weighed about as much as P4B after BBQ.
Interesting Kharma Award - Gus heckling someone at the wheel of destiny and then having to spin it himself a few minutes later.
Smoothduffer Award - Ddec - Man fell in love with some Wilson Staff this weekend.
Worst use of a provisional ever - Team P4B and Hanks.
Best use of large behind - P4B in moving an entire row of bushes to be able to hit his ball just by leaning on them.
Most Shocked Look Ever - When we told Yorkem's friend that I am not a serious golfer and it was a joke. That was freaking priceless.

Awards:
Worst display of caddying prowess: TC. On 14 of the Squire, he suggests I use 3 wood because of the trouble, which I agreed and used and hit the fairway. Then he takes driver, which got a chuckle from the group and he proceeds to yank it into the junk. I made birdie :D

that was classic. "You guys should take 3 wood here." TC bangs a driver. That's when he was on the bogey train and was just looking for a way off. That was a fun match to watch.

Smoothduffer Award - Ddec - Man fell in love with some Wilson Staff this weekend.

sure did! I loved that 3 wood. Though WS will not be taking over my entire bag.

I still have not smoked a cig!

p4b is a great guy. He kept telling Nerfny that the Morgan Cup is going to be one giant bachelor party for me. I think he got her a little bit nervous haha.
Tell her I'm completely kidding, I don't imagine we'll be getting too carried away down there with such a serious match going on. You're safe pal!

I am laughing my @ss off at these posts right now. I also cannot say enough about every I met at and got to see again at PGA National. Big thank you to all the companies that supported the outing with all the equipment and stuff that filled our goodie bags. I'm a FATTEE (it;s a tee) fan for life.

I lost my battle with Travelocity and ended up coming in on a later flight but luckily Coolbreeze was there to share a towncar. Best part was I didn't hold anyone up. +1 ! I have to tell you, Coolbreeze is one of the most laid back funny bro's I have ever met. We got to PGA and dropped our stuff off in our room (I think CB's and Thainers shoes are still there) and met everyone for some drinks. Great times ! Ike was late but it was cool to catch up. It's like we never left that place.

Friday morning wasn't too rough :) and demo day was just amazing. I honestly didn't want to fall in love with anything because I have already decided to propose to some Razr Hawks soon but who was I kidding. So many notes but I'm a serious range golfer. I had the fortune of also hitting between Belb's and Biggsy. My ears are still ringing. Dean and I must've hit every forged club there and never missed a sweetspot. The contests were awesome! I loved winning the short drive contest. That was a lot of fun. I certainly pulled a Cutler with that clutch shot. :) Watching Belbs nail that wedge shot was awesome. Spanks friend hit a nice putt and there were a few other good ones as well. The dinner was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy avacados. Haha. Had a lot of fun with my table.

BTW the petition for the Williams Driver will be out shortly :)

Sat Morning Official THP Round:
Roadhouse. Gus, Dr Teeth and G4L were perfect partners. This was pre long wedge shot but man..... I was hitting that new Cleveland 310 well and ending up 20 yards short on appoach shots. 100 yard 6 irons are never fun lol. Dr Teeth aka Greg GRaffin has some game and he is one of the nicest people ever. Ill surely be glad to have my teeth did by him anytime. Gus had some great shots. The chip it was clutch and his putter is amazingly smooth. G4L MASHING his drives was a sight. Best part is when he had to step off a sandwedge. 125 yards lol. So much fun to ride with Brett again and that Williams driver needs to be in his hands. If there is anyone I can see as Fred Couples it's this man. A smooth swing but just kills it

Scramble:
LOL. Umm yeah, those 12 packs added up and killed me Sunday but what can ya do. Ike, P4B and Spank are always a good time. I think I hit one shot we used. Actually I think I just a line on one putt lol. They were so much fun and honestly I had the best time. The hug out was epic on 18. I could say a lot more but I think the vegas rule applies here. We destroyed that Bear trap and I'm pretty sure One T's drive on 16 went further into the lake than Belbs.

Champions:
Biggsy, Hawk, DMB and myself went to take on this course. DMB is hilarious. He just talks, hits, then talks. No wasted motion and he definitely has game. I can tell you this, Biggsy is gonna lead our team to victory. I was having a bad round (common theme this weekend) with my irons and he just said, have some fun. My outlook changed and it immediately calmed my nerves. He is a great leader and fun to play a round with. Truely one of the nicest guys Ive met on THP. Hawk has improved like no other! That man was ripping apart the champions course. You know the chromax made an appearance and the vids to back up his sand lessons will be up at some point today. My best shot came when I hit the sweet spot so good, I scared the PW Head off the Monaco shaft. Later found out JB didn't expoxy those heads..... Maybe it was Cutler lol.

I need some time to go over some awards but I do have an award for:

Best Shoes Awards (its a Canadian thing):
Spoiler
ccfe09e8.jpg

I want to add I have a lot more to write. I'm getting a late start (imagine that) because my flight which should've put me in at 130 my time actually got me home at 830. I had the best time chatting at the ibar with everyone. Talking tablets, golf and possible FL destinations was hilarious. Proud to say OEM and I closed the Ibar down on Sunday night. haha.

Most annoying animal award is a four way tie between 1) The water snake that dared Hanks to hit into it 2) Those stupid loud cranes 3) The birds that ate Yoccos's pretzels in the golf cart 4) The bird that crapped on Yoccos's and my scorecard.

Yoccos we played the role of serious golfers at Demo Day. If it wasn't forged we didn't hit it haha

Hold your finish, FTW!

Back