2021-2022 College Football Thread

if bama loses to georgia and ok st beats baylor and bama is till in the top 4 then tear it all down, because it doesn't work.

I agree but that won't happen. OK State gets in if between them as 1 loss conference champion and 2 loss Bama without a conference championship. Now if Michigan and/or Cincy loses in addition to that, then Alabama would certainly be back in the discussion, especially if they lose a tight game to GA.

if bama loses to georgia and ok st beats baylor and bama is till in the top 4 then tear it all down, because it doesn't work.

I don't see that happening. Esp if OK ST, Cincy, and Michigan all win. Now if some of those three lose and Bama loses, then all hell will break loose. Let's say OK St and Michigan lose for argument's sake. Bama loses on a last-second FG. Who are you putting in? That's the kind of carnage I'd love to see lol

Everyone in this forum would leave your current job with an hour of notice to your employer if another employer offers to double your salary. Why should it be any different for college coaches? Do not blame them, blame the current system.

For 5 star recruits and the current NIL, why go to OU when they can have the beautiful weather of Southern California and a place where they can monetize the NIL in the entertainment capital of the world, LA.

I had that conversation with my boss last week. We had a guy leave because he was offered 20k more than he was making here. I told him if I had that offer, I'd be gone very quickly haha

Sounding like Venables, Lanning, or Rhule to OU

He’s insane.

ya think? When he told me Prime Time was going to Norman I asked if he had a cousin that lived there.

My new wish list.

1. Freeman.....end of list

And no coach.

History always repeats itself. If ND makes the CFP this year, the same thing will happen to them. In other words, ND will get embarrassed again, LOL...

Gary Barta already dropped a hint yesterday evening that after the conference championship game this Saturday, they will take into consideration teams without the same HC at the start of the season. Hint: ND will not make it.

I’m on the BV train, but, Lanning is a star in the making. Rhule….I don’t hate or love.
I think BV and Lebby would be good. Lanning seems like a Bob Stoops hire that would be great. Nothing wrong with Rhule and bring Joe Brady.

History always repeats itself. If ND makes the CFP this year, the same thing will happen to them. In other words, ND will get embarrassed again, LOL...

Gary Barta already dropped a hint yesterday evening that after the conference championship game this Saturday, they will take into consideration teams without the same HC at the start of the season. Hint: ND will not make it.

ND fan so biased, but unfortunately its not just ND who gets beatdown in these games. The average winning margin the the playoff games is like 21 points. ND has actually played the eventual champion closer than anyone else each year they have been. The difference between the TOP teams and others in college football is huge. In the 7 years of the playoffs, only 6 different teams have won a game. Its the same big boys hammering everyone else almost every year.

ND fan so biased, but unfortunately its not just ND who gets beatdown in these games. The average winning margin the the playoff games is like 21 points. ND has actually played the eventual champion closer than anyone else each year they have been. The difference between the TOP teams and others in college football is huge. In the 7 years of the playoffs, only 6 different teams have won a game. Its the same big boys hammering everyone else almost every year.
Liking this for the truth. but hate that truth.

Have you watched the last 6 games ND has played? I have, and yes I am a fan and was very critical of them over the first 5 or 6 games. Thought for sure they woud lose a couple more. But the draft ravished O line and the Freeman defensive scheme finally gelled and they were a completely different team. Very slim chance they could give GA a game (just like every other team in the country, including Alabama IMO after their recent performances) but this current team could absolutely compete with any other team in the country. And, yes, I have watched multiple games played by the other top 10 teams.

Clemson blew their doors off in the 2018 playoffs (not going to try to sugar coat that) but the loss to Alabama last year was far more competitive than the score final score indicated. And, btw, the teams they lost to both of those years won the NC by wider margins in the champioship games against Alabama and Ohio State than ND was beaten by in the semis. They recognized the need several years ago to get faster and play more physical to compete with the southern powerhouses and are improving on both apsects each year.

If Bama and either Michigan, Cincy or OK State lose this weekend and they keep ND out because Kelly bolted for the bucks at an inopportune time, that would be an absolute injustice to the kids who played their hearts out to achieve what they have.

Have you watched the last 6 games ND has played? I have, and yes I am a fan and was very critical of them over the first 5 or 6 games. Thought for sure they woud lose a couple more. But the draft ravished O line and the Freeman defensive scheme finally gelled and they were a completely different team. Very slim chance they could give GA a game (just like every other team in the country, including Alabama IMO after their recent performances) but this current team could absolutely compete with any other team in the country. And, yes, I have watched multiple games played by the other top 10 teams.

Clemson blew their doors off in the 2018 playoffs (not going to try to sugar coat that) but the loss to Alabama last year was far more competitive than the score final score indicated. And, btw, the teams they lost to both of those years won the NC by wider margins in the champioship games against Alabama and Ohio State than ND was beaten by in the semis. They recognized the need several years ago to get faster and play more physical to compete with the southern powerhouses and are improving on both apsects each year.

If Bama and either Michigan, Cincy or OK State lose this weekend and they keep ND out because Kelly bolted for the bucks at an inopportune time, that would be an absolute injustice to the kids who played their hearts out to achieve what they have.

It is different to play against a 3 star recruit @UVA and a 5 star recruit "Evan Neal" from Alabama. ND will get killed again.

I’m on the BV train, but, Lanning is a star in the making. Rhule….I don’t hate or love.

Lanning would be a good move. I think it's only a matter of time for that guy.

Back