2021-2022 College Football Thread

Watching his defense fly around the field last year and wondering what it would look like with 4 and 5 star players really started to come to fruition the second half of the season. He still doesn't have his guys yet. This is a risky move, but this could be a huge payoff for ND. I'm excited

It looked like it took them a couple of games to really get comfortable with the new schemes he brought in but once they did it was a thing of beauty! Great for the continuity of the program!

PS, please don't start talking about stars. :ROFLMAO:

Heard that Tommy was staying earlier, too. Now Pete's just trolling/teasing us

When ND played Alabama in 2013 BCS, Clemson 2018 Semi-final and Alabama 2020 Semi-final, how many 5 stars were on ND roster versus Clemson or Alabama? What was the outcome for ND? You can take it from there.

Clemson is loaded with 5 star recruits and have struggled this year, compared to the cakewalk they’ve had the last few years. Did some practice facilities close or what? They should be playing for a title if 5 star recruits is all that matters.

How many 5 star recruits does Michigan have compared to Ohio State? Didn’t you say Michigan was overrated and would surely lose to Ohio State? More 5 star recruits, more money, better facilities and your beloved Buckeyes still got blasted by Michigan.

It’s almost like this game is chaotic and unpredictable or something.

Does a 5 star rating out of high school guarantee college superstardom? No, I didn't think so.

I'm sure Alabama had just as many "5 stars" on their roster in 2018 when they got pummelled by Clemson in the NC game. Same with Ohio State when they were crushed by Alabama in 2020. In case you missed it from my last post, both of those teams lost worse than the Irish to the common opponents in the same playoffs. So why are they not being banned from participating in playoffs due to the potentional "embarrassment" like the Irish should be according to you?
Hey, hey, hey ... my therapist advised me to avoid any mention of that nightmare. :p

Clemson is loaded with 5 star recruits and have struggled this year, compared to the cakewalk they’ve had the last few years. Did some practice facilities close or what? They should be playing for a title if 5 star recruits is all that matters.

How many 5 star recruits does Michigan have compared to Ohio State? Didn’t you say Michigan was overrated and would surely lose to Ohio State? More 5 star recruits, more money, better facilities and your beloved Buckeyes still got blasted by Michigan.

It’s almost like this game is chaotic and unpredictable or something.

What is Michigan record against OSU in the past twenty years again? Do I hear 3-17 against the Buckeyes since 2001.

Does a 5 star rating out of high school guarantee college superstardom? No, I didn't think so.

I'm sure Alabama had just as many "5 stars" on their roster in 2018 when they got pummelled by Clemson in the NC game. Same with Ohio State when they were crushed by Alabama in 2020. In case you missed it from my last post, both of those teams lost worse than the Irish to the common opponents in the same playoffs. So why are they not being banned from participating in playoffs due to the potentional "embarrassment" like the Irish should be according to you?

I graduated from Ohio State with a degree in Computer Engineering. On the first job, if I demand the same salary as a Computer Engineering major from Caltech or Stanford, I would get laughed out of the building.

No, being a 5 star does not guarantee superstardom but you do get a faster start than others. Going by your logic, a person who has 4.0 GPA in high school and scores 1600 on the SAT should be treated the same as someone who has a 3.0 GPA and scores 1200 on the SAT.

59-51-6

Hey, we just got ghosted. Let us get some joy out of it
I’m not hating, as a Catholic kid from East Baton Rouge Parish, growing up my second favorite team was Notre Dame…

What is Michigan record against OSU in the past twenty years again? Do I hear 3-17 against the Buckeyes since 2001.

I don’t care about the last twenty years. I’m talking about THIS YEAR. If 5 star recruits, money, facilities are all that matters, then how did Michigan win? What about Clemson this year? How does ANY FBS school EVER lose to an FCS school?

You keep throwing out meaningless analogies to prove your point, but can’t answer these basic questions. You ignore the ability of the coaching staff, the progression of players from week to week, the will and determination of the players, the strategizing and game planning. There are a ton of variables that you just ignore.

I think Texas, USC, Florida State, and LSU are good examples that just because you have 5 star recruits, high end facilities, and money, doesn’t guarantee you will win a game or have a successful season.

Cue another irrelevant analogy. :banghead:

I’m not hating, as a Catholic kid from East Baton Rouge Parish, growing up my second favorite team was Notre Dame…

What are you hearing for assistants? Sounds like Kelly might be getting left at the altar. Quinn and polian would be two I'd expect to follow bk. Rees is still deciding but most expect him to stay.

I don’t care about the last twenty years. I’m talking about THIS YEAR. If 5 star recruits, money, facilities are all that matters, then how did Michigan win? What about Clemson this year? How does ANY FBS school EVER lose to an FCS school?

You keep throwing out meaningless analogies to prove your point, but can’t answer these basic questions. You ignore the ability of the coaching staff, the progression of players from week to week, the will and determination of the players, the strategizing and game planning. There are a ton of variables that you just ignore.

I think Texas, USC, Florida State, and LSU are good examples that just because you have 5 star recruits, high end facilities, and money, doesn’t guarantee you will win a game or have a successful season.

9A9528DB-FDC0-4D22-AD74-70E1DBE02F15.gif
Leave LSU out of this… We haven’t had a losing season since 1999, unlike those other schools you listed…

What are you hearing for assistants? Sounds like Kelly might be getting left at the altar. Quinn and polian would be two I'd expect to follow bk. Rees is still deciding but most expect him to stay.
Several Assistants with deep Louisiana ties like Corey Raymond & Kevin Faulk will remain on staff…
We threw so much money at Freeman, we basically forced y’all into hiring him as your HC…

Mike Elko is a name that has some smoke at DC.

Several Assistants with deep Louisiana ties like Corey Raymond & Kevin Faulk will remain on staff…
We threw so much money at Freeman, we basically forced y’all into hiring him as your HC…

Mike Elko is a name that has some smoke at DC.
Elko is a great hire, but he only cares about money, too. Enjoy him for a year or two until he gets a HC gig. I heard about Faulk, that's a big keep. S&C coach, too.

Freeman was hired last year with the head coach in waiting title. BK just chose to speed up that process 😂😂

Tim prister retweeted this. He doesn't do click bait. Ever. He waits until things are concrete

View attachment 9049043
Leave LSU out of this… We haven’t had a losing season since 1999, unlike those other schools you listed…

lol Sorry! Not hating on LSU. I have several friends that are LSU fans and you guys have some pretty high expectations. Just pointing out that with all the talent, money, and facilities that LSU has, it didn’t guarantee a title.

lol Sorry! Not hating on LSU. I have several friends that are LSU fans and you guys have some pretty high expectations. Just pointing out that with all the talent, money, and facilities that LSU has, it didn’t guarantee a title.
But it doesn’t make sure that the last 3 coaches have won National Titles, and 2 of those coaches wouldn’t have won anywhere else (Miles & O)..

LOL... You're not very bright are you?

Michigan has just as good facilities as Ohio State, money and some years like 2019, Michigan had better recruits than OSU. Unlike Ohio State and Alabama, Michigan has no clue how to develop players. The game was also @Michigan this year so you had home field advantage. You won at home, nothing to brag about. You can brag had you beat OSU on the road. Oh wait, we dropped 62 on Michigan last time in Columbus.

But it doesn’t make sure that the last 3 coaches have won National Titles, and 2 of those coaches wouldn’t have won anywhere else (Miles & O)..

No doubt having that much talent makes it easier. All I’m saying is that it’s not the only determining factor in a team’s success.

Michigan has just as good facilities as Ohio State, money and some years like 2019, Michigan had better recruits than OSU. Unlike Ohio State and Alabama, Michigan has no clue how to develop players. The game was also @Michigan this year so you had home field advantage. You won at home, nothing to brag about. You can brag had you beat OSU on the road. Oh wait, we dropped 62 on Michigan last time in Columbus.
We won’t head down name calling or people can find another place for trolling.

we don’t have a lot of rules here. No politics and treat people as they would like to be treated. If those are too hard, social media is a great tool

I’m bright enough to know that small minded people resort to insults when they can’t back up their argument.

Welcome to my ignore list.

Back