Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

ZX7's where really good today, distances have always been spot on with these from the beginning. Easy enough to flight when needed or club up or down depending on the wind without issues.
Had a shot today into the par 5 6th hole, 7 iron to 3 1/2 feet from 146 yards. Also put a 6 iron to 7 feet from 156.

Been thinking hard about ordering a set of these since the release. Finally going to bite the bullet and order a set before the end of the year. Will be my first new irons since 2014.

Been thinking hard about ordering a set of these since the release. Finally going to bite the bullet and order a set before the end of the year. Will be my first new irons since 2014.
ZX7 or ZX5 ?

Put the Zx-7s back in the bag as my gamers. Signature changed. Ball striking is so good with these, I'm not sure why I hit them better than the 921 F, but I do for some reason.

The feel is addictive. And I've been hitting a lot of GIRs. Love them.

I've gone through a ton of clubs since taking up golf the past 3 years, and I will say, the ZX7 might be one of the best sets I've owned.. and I've bought and sold them 3x now, with heads currently sitting on my desk, that may also be for sale.

I find if you get a long with the sole, they are the club to beat, maybe second to only the T100 if the shape of ZX7 isn't something you like.

ZX7 for sure. My eyes truly want a pure muscle back but my skill level is making me stay with a slight cavity.
As CBs go, it's a pretty nice looking one. Has some great in-the-bag presence.

ZX7 for sure. My eyes truly want a pure muscle back but my skill level is making me stay with a slight cavity.
I was in the same boat. I've probably played 4 different sets of 5 and 7 series Srixon over the past 5 years. Every time I go to the 5 series for more forgiveness, the sole width steps in and I end up with worse turf interaction. I think I'm in the minority where I take a shallow divot but the V-sole still works really well for me, but I have historically played better with the thinner sole on these irons. The top line is exactly the same on the zx7 and zx5 so blending a set is fine visually but you will see that zx5 rear end on the longer irons if you go that route. I'm currently playing a 5-PW set of zx7 and a zx5 4 iron and I love the set. Longest I've kept an iron set in play in a long time... :giggle:

I was in the same boat. I've probably played 4 different sets of 5 and 7 series Srixon over the past 5 years. Every time I go to the 5 series for more forgiveness, the sole width steps in and I end up with worse turf interaction. I think I'm in the minority where I take a shallow divot but the V-sole still works really well for me, but I have historically played better with the thinner sole on these irons. The top line is exactly the same on the zx7 and zx5 so blending a set is fine visually but you will see that zx5 rear end on the longer irons if you go that route. I'm currently playing a 5-PW set of zx7 and a zx5 4 iron and I love the set. Longest I've kept an iron set in play in a long time... :giggle:
I’m not sure what I am going to do with the 3 iron spot. Might replace it with a driving iron style and just to 4-PW. Currently playing a 3 iron in my Mizunos but have been wanting a driving iron.

I have played the OG 765's, skipped the 785's(worst set they made IMO) and now the ZX7's. Can't go wrong with them, you can work the ball if needed, the feel is amazing, mishits are known. It is a complete iron that can do everything if one is willing to work with it and what you have in a swing.
I know some say they are to demanding, but in reality they are not. It is a matter of taking the time to get to know them and put some time in with them.

I don’t think they are demanding. I have actually hit them quite a bit, with almost the exact same specs as I would order.

I don’t think they are demanding. I have actually hit them quite a bit, with almost the exact same specs as I would order.

I'd agree - for market they are in, they are not very demanding. For Players Cavity, I believe Maltby had them at 491 which is fairly high for for that market. I think only the new T100 had a higher playability score (569). Understanding that the playability score isn't everything, I just think Srixon hit a homerun with these.

I'd agree - for market they are in, they are not very demanding. For Players Cavity, I believe Maltby had them at 491 which is fairly high for for that market. I think only the new T100 had a higher playability score (569). Understanding that the playability score isn't everything, I just think Srixon hit a homerun with these.

I had actually never heard of the MPF. Pretty interesting. My current MP15s came in at 374.

These guys are waiting in the bag for the chance to regain seniority. They have some time to wait, but always looking when I grab my course bag.

I had actually never heard of the MPF. Pretty interesting. My current MP15s came in at 374.

MPF is always interesting, not the end all be all, but I do find it to be a good start / fairly close to what I’ve seen in testing.

I’m not sure what I am going to do with the 3 iron spot. Might replace it with a driving iron style and just to 4-PW. Currently playing a 3 iron in my Mizunos but have been wanting a driving iron.
The ZXU is pretty good in that spot. Doesn't hit the bullets that chase as easy as some peers if you want that, but it's a good neutral flight that's easy, pretty fast, and consistent as hell. Like, unbelievable distance consistency.

MPF is always interesting, not the end all be all, but I do find it to be a good start / fairly close to what I’ve seen in testing.
So where do you find this mpf score

As CBs go, it's a pretty nice looking one. Has some great in-the-bag presence.
About this point, just had to take a photo during my pre-work round this am.
49230c1db65cce85235cadce86df1414.jpg

Took my beauties out to kiawah this past weekend. Score was ok, not great but in terms of my iron play, I was doing very well. Into the wind or down wind these things were consistent and pure. I can never say enough how happy I am I was fit into these haha. They’re pretty darn safe in the bag for the foreseeable future.

I should NOT have hit the 7’s again today.

I'm assuming you mean that in a goodish way. LOL.
Picked up right where I left off in my review in the first post. 178 yard carry 7i’s. :love:

I got to test drive these last weekend.......and I shouldnt have :facepalm:

Back