Odyssey DART Putters

For those interested in this line, you will be happy to know that we have asked Callaway to come on THP Radio to discuss it. That show will be this week for everybody and I am excited to hear more.

awesome! I love how Callaway is coming on and doing some shows esp with the Morgan Cup right around the corner. I found the golf ball episode extremely helpfull.

For those interested in this line, you will be happy to know that we have asked Callaway to come on THP Radio to discuss it. That show will be this week for everybody and I am excited to hear more.

Looking forward to it. Callaway always seems to send to some very knowledgeable guests.

They really do. Their show on the new Callaway golf ball offerings was phenominal.

Looking forward to it. Callaway always seems to send to some very knowledgeable guests.

Sweet!

I'm in agreement with the others, Callaway sends great guests. I really liked the ball episode.

This will be up tomorrow for everybody. It was a fun show.

This will be up tomorrow for everybody. It was a fun show.

Great news, this line is very interesting.

Can't wait as I am very interested in the new DART line. I putt so well with them at the store.

This is a show that I'm really interested in. I can't wait to hear more about this line from the experts.

You guys are so lucky to get one of these bad boys. I'd love to give one a roll, but I can't afford another impulse buy!

Tap before talk.

Just got an Odyssey D.A.R.T. mallet putter in 33''. Shot pretty badly today because I couldnt get off the tee/ was forced to hit hybrid all day but my putting with this putter was nothing short of amazing (for me) dropped some one putts and lag putted awesome as well even though the greens were really in quite bad shape. I cant wait to get her on some good greens. I think this is the first putter I have bought and then taken to the course and actually felt good about my purchase after the round.

check out who has a DART on the practice green

MattKuchar-Odyssey-Nelson_450x600.jpg

This type of putter to me is weird being a huge blade fan. To each their own. I wouldn't mind testing this out though just to figure out what all the hype is about.

I think I am going to stop at Golf Galaxy during lunch today to check these out. How is the feel to them? I currently use a White Hot XG and am not a big fan of the inconsistent feel I get from impact(probably caused by me anyway).

Lukey, I came from playing a blade putter exclusively for the entirety of my golf playing days. I never could get the feel for 2ball putters or malletts for that matter, but this club has me believing. I love the alignment and weight on the putter and do not miss my ping blade putter at all, FWIW.

I prefer the feel of the DART. It's a little firmer and easier to control on the long putts. I have a 330 XG at home right now.

I think I am going to stop at Golf Galaxy during lunch today to check these out. How is the feel to them? I currently use a White Hot XG and am not a big fan of the inconsistent feel I get from impact(probably caused by me anyway).

Well, I just got back from GG. I really like the feel of the Dart blade version. Feels a lot more solid. I also like the weight and the ability to change it. Unfortunately they did not have a 33" in stock so I did not buy one.

I played either an 8802 style or the Odyssey #9 style toe weighted putters for 35 years and always hated mallet style putters. I bought the new Taylormade putter this spring and was loving it until it got really rainy and the greens turned slow. I couldn't get putts to the hole so I bought the D.A.R.T. mallet putter and put the 370 gram weight in it. I figured I'd go back to my Taylormade once the greens sped up. Well, that was about 4 weeks ago and unless things change dramatically, I won't be switching back soon. I find this putter so easy to align and my speed has been wonderful, even on greens rolling in the 10-11 range. And the thing is tremendous from 6 feet and in.

Tried these out this weekend. Liked the blade version the best but have not pulled the trigger yet. Hoping someone on the course has one that I can try on real greens instead of inside versions...

I played either an 8802 style or the Odyssey #9 style toe weighted putters for 35 years and always hated mallet style putters. I bought the new Taylormade putter this spring and was loving it until it got really rainy and the greens turned slow. I couldn't get putts to the hole so I bought the D.A.R.T. mallet putter and put the 370 gram weight in it. I figured I'd go back to my Taylormade once the greens sped up. Well, that was about 4 weeks ago and unless things change dramatically, I won't be switching back soon. I find this putter so easy to align and my speed has been wonderful, even on greens rolling in the 10-11 range. And the thing is tremendous from 6 feet and in.

I came from using the #9 from Odyssey as well and I won't be going back ever!

The DART is my first ever mallet and I'm so glad I went that route. It's growing on me. Me and Dirte' are now becomming one.

I've been rolling the Backstryke version of the Dart at a local Edwin Watts and I really like the feel. I'm in the market for a new putter and may just pull the trigger on this one.

Long shot question: Is there any plans to make a Dart with a milled face like the Black series? I've found that I like the Dart alignment quite a bit but the insert isn't my cup of tea. A dart alignment on a Black #2 however...mmmm....

I was having some problems putting my last few rounds but I think I have figured out how to really utilize this putter. I started out my last round aligning the marks on my ball (the arrows on the pro v1 for example) with where I was aiming and then trying to align the DART with that and then putting. This is the way I have aligned my putts forever, usually with fair results at best. So I decided to try using just the alignment aid on the dart and placing the ball so it only showed the white part, no markings, etc. as I did when I was testing the putter and dropping putts all over the stores practice green. Suffice to say my back 9 went much better and I dropped 3 1putts and overall had a much better success rate.

I guess i am wondering, how do you guys align your ball and the DART, and if anyone else is seeing better results using the described method above or if you align the putter with the ball alignment markings.

I noticed the Kooch man was gaming the DART. Nice to see it getting some air time.

I've never used the alignment aids on balls as I did not want to feel tied to that line when I got over the ball as sometimes when I get over the ball I feel the need to take a different line than I originally planned. I also don't like watching guys take forever to painstakingly mark their ball and set up line-up the alignment aid on the ball before every putt. I feel with the DART putter that I'm free to align the putter alignment aid, without worrying about the ball, if that makes any sense. Truth be told, I can't tell you how I align my ball other than to make sure the alignment line on the ball is not showing.

Back