2022 Callaway Rogue ST Driver Lineup

I mean it's a 12:05 video and he mentions the cover for 5 seconds. I don't know that we can say he's "focusing" on the cover, cmon man.

It's a great review overall, that give's data, shows ball flight, talks about sound, gives really good views of all the heads. Your review is great as well, but I want to see about 10 different reviews on this thing and this is just another medium.

I agree with his take, a 1 on the driver headcover is silly. It's so unnecessary, and I don't see Cayce, Swag or any others who sell Driver Headcovers putting 1's on them, so I'm not sure how common it is? It seems like a pretty fair take to nit pick it.
I don't personally have much issue with it. I think it's maybe.. odd, but I don't really care. I was bothered by the length of the conversation I had to have about it the first time a few of us saw it though. :oops: lol There were guys that definitely didn't like it, and we all agreed in the end that having one without a number, and one slightly smaller right next to it that said 'mini' might be the only cool version of feeling the need to put something there. Otherwise yeah, leave it off.

I can already tell I am getting nothing done today with all the Callaway drops and the corresponding Granddaddy reviews. Today is going to be a good day.

It’s heeeeeeere!!! I’ve been talking about this driver in its redacted state since I first hit it. I’ve gotten it on the course four times and it has not disappointed! I’m moving from the Mavrik Max with Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.0 to the Rogue Triple Diamond LS with Tensei White AV Series 65g X. So a bit of a change on head and shaft.

I fight a big draw that just keeps drawing… that was evident in my fitting so Gerrit immediately started me with the Max LS. It wasn’t too far off so we checked out the Triple Diamond LS and that was it. Launch was definitely lower than the Mavrik Max, so I’m up from 9° to 10.5° and that gets me where I need to be. The sound is excellent and the matte crown is just fantastic! One thing I noticed immediately is that the bottom of the face is HOT! It’s definitely more forgiving and produces higher ball speeds than the Mavrik. I’ve also done some extensive testing on toe hits and they also seem to be more forgiving than the Mavrik. This is a driver I feel like I can get aggressive with and not be punished for mishits and that’s exactly what I’m looking for!

AF0C1CDC-DB33-4A00-A19D-46DF8E477457.jpegFD478677-1E31-4A88-A948-376057025343.jpeg33E44059-2698-4AE9-AEFF-DA2CB70B18BB.jpeg141029E5-73E3-4358-8175-5FD48E0830E0.jpeg4FEE2185-56F7-455A-85A3-ECE7729A4316.jpeg62307637-DEA5-49BB-8067-E6E87731E466.jpeg

Of course he’s focusing on the cover, sounds right, even though that’s something various companies have done at times for 30 years now.

I dig the cover.

Man it is going to be really difficult for me to not end up with one of these...

I absolutely LOVE the matte crown, THANK YOU CALLAWAY

Initial thoughts from both the GD crew and James are awesome, will have to ponder this a bit, but it is likely inevitable haha

i like the matte crown. seems like head weight is a little higher, which i also dig. something about the shape isn't clicking with me yet.

i do love all the gainz the grandaddy are seeing! that's pretty awesome.

The first time I saw these I was amazed at how awesome the triple diamond looked. I am not a fan personally of the stock tensei stuff. But that is a personal thing and not a knock on them. I have just never go on well with tensei.

I don't personally have much issue with it. I think it's maybe.. odd, but I don't really care. I was bothered by the length of the conversation I had to have about it the first time a few of us saw it though. :oops: lol There were guys that definitely didn't like it, and we all agreed in the end that having one without a number, and one slightly smaller right next to it that said 'mini' might be the only cool version of feeling the need to put something there. Otherwise yeah, leave it off.
Yea, again it's nothing that's going to cause me to not buy a driver, but I can tell you with certainty I'd never used that headcover either. A driver headcover with a BIG 1 on it is about as cool as iron head covers. They fit into the same bucket for me.

View attachment trim.B7246627-4A3E-4D62-B517-7F587C26017B.MOV
Well let me go ahead and step in and give my thoughts. Coming into the Grandaddy my worst club in the bag for me was driver. Most of that is user error and not equipment error but you get the jist.

I had an epic flash sub zero as a heavy slicer……that’s why it’s very important to get a fitting done lol.

After being presented the driver options the night before at the product presentation I knew what I would be most likely for me to be fit into the next day. The Max D St. The profile is great for a draw bias club. It’s noticeably the largest head and there is definitely some offset, but as someone who has used b-21 tech before I don’t think the offset is as noticeable as that.

My driver may or may not have been shipped to @Tevenor :ROFLMAO: so he will have some great comparison photos to the Triple Diamond version so you all can get a feel of what the looks are like. I should have mine in my grasp here shortly and plan on getting a sim session in as soon as I’m done quarantining 😕

Let’s get to the driver itself. The 20 +g tungsten speed cartridge is the big new tech and understandably so. Tungsten is a premium material so like @Jman mentioned, don’t consider this an “off-year” launch. This is a premium product with premium material. As someone who misses the center of the face on driver quite often, I can attest that this thing runs hot even with off center hits. I attribute that to the speed cartridge as well as the AI face having a lot to do with that. The things Callaway is doing with AI technology in the faces is absolutely mind blowing. When they mentioned in the product presentation that each driver had a different version of an AI face tailored to the profile of the golfer it is intended for I thought, wow is this over kill? What they are doing is changing the density in certain spots of the face to increase speed in the places where golfers miss the most. Absolutely amazing technology that is all centered around producing as much speed as possible. So for those epic fans I would highly recommend not counting this product out, soley considering the the new tech in the face. It’s that good. And earlier when I mentioned, “is this over-kill?”. Absolutely not.

in fact, with what Callaway shared with us about what they plan for the future of AI faces this is just scratching the surface. Absolutely unreal tech into this. The speed frame, which has been used in previous drivers, they have adjusted just slightly to better frame the new face, so everything is getting focused around this new face tech.

The tech grade? 10/10

the look of the club is outstanding. I love a matte crown driver and this one looks great. The framing on the bottom is what I see as a slight variation from the original rogue line and is almost the reverse of the sim 2 framing on the bottom.

I’ve seen some people complain about “mono-chrome” pre release pics. Not to worry about that . I love the standard black and yellow color way but if that’s not for you fine. Callaway is offering customization of colors ways for this club. I don’t want to spread misinformation, but if I remember correctly there are 20 different color combinations that customers will be able to select from at some point if they choose to do so.

The look grade for me personally? 9/10

let’s get to the results shall we.

First of all, I was given a max head to start as a bit of a “control” variable. I had my sub zero dialed to d/+1 on a 9° driver so they did the same for me here. First of all, I love the sound of this driver. That’s one thing they talked about during presentation, was making the sound appealing for the golfer and on that front this driver doesn’t disappoint. Very thwack-y, not high pitched or sounding like breaking glass. See video for example.

I hit the standard max solid but there were a few hits where my monster slice came into play. My dispersion because of these monster misses was over 50 yards……

Insert my fitter, Justin, who did his job like a boss. First we switched to the Max D head to see if I liked the ball flight. I definitely saw an improvement immediately which wasn’t shocking. However, I was still producing way to much spin due to the loft of the club. I was in the 3500 range with the MAX D 10° setup.

Justin switched me down to 8° and made a quick shaft modification and the results were damning. Immediately my spin rate dropped 1000 rpm’s. I was sitting in a comfortable ball flight that was consistently straighter than any driver I have hit. I hit 6 balls in the profile. My dispersion rate dropped from 50 yards, to 5 yards……FIVE YARDS. I was looking at a 260-270 carry and was nearing 300 on shots with good rollout. That’s more than perfect for me, especially if that means consistency in keeping it on course.

Unfortunately for me hitting this straight isn’t something I’m used to. Once I got this out to the course I was struggling to change my aim point which was starting too far left. This driver isn’t a cure all for slices. It’s still very possible to hit a large slice with this. However, if you are hitting it with even 80% efficiency in my estimation it’s going to be fast and it’s going to be straight for slicers. I couldn’t believe how many balls I lost just because how hard and straight I was hitting the ball. I wasn’t used to massive rollouts, and 5 yard cuts.

I can’t wait to get this driver to the range and to get practice with it. I feel like it’s going to completely change my game off the tee, which for me as a golfer is what is holding me back. I remember hitting balls with the irons and @DNevsCG and Justin both laughed and said, “Aaron are you sure you are a 9 handicap, because you look more like a scratch?” ….. “how is your short game?” :ROFLMAO:

(proceeds to shoot in the low 90’s and high 80’s):ROFLMAO:

well not great, but my worst attribute is by far getting off the tee. This club I’m hoping will change all of that for me.

overall I give this club a 9/10. Better players may not flock to it immediately but I think that’s a mistake. With 4 different options I think everyone should be looking into the club. The tech is off the charts and premium, not to mention it gives a glimpse of what the future of AI in golf will look like.

Rogue St Driver line is here and I may be biased but I think it’s going to be the best club of its kind in 2022.

Last edited:
I’ll say this, these drivers and fairways are one of the best looking heads that callaway has brought out in years!! Wow. These look good.

love the new shape. Face looks good. Based on Internet videos, sound seems good as well but that’ll be up for debate until I can have a hit Haha. My only complaint (and it’s very small as it’s an easy fix) is that the tensei blue is the standard shaft. Not a fan of that one, but again, that’s an easy swap and wouldn’t really keep me from buying/getting fit haha.

All in all, initial impressions are really high. Hopefully my shop nearby will be able to let me hit it soon. Also, the fact that they didn’t drive the price wayyyyy up with that weight in there is nice haha.

question for GD peoples, did anyone go through different options of the heads? How much difference was there in terms of spin, launch, etc.

View attachment 9057191
Well let me go ahead and step in and give my thoughts. Coming into the Grandaddy my worst club in the bag for me was driver. Most of that is user error and not equipment error but you get the jist.

I had an epic flash sub zero as a heavy slicer……that’s why it’s very important to get a fitting done lol.

After being presented the driver options the night before at the product presentation I knew that it would be most likely for me to be fit into the next day. The Max D St. The profile is great for a draw bias club. It’s noticeably the largest head and there is definitely some offset, but as someone who has used b-21 tech before I don’t think the offset is as noticeable as that.

My driver may or may not have been shipped to @Tevenor :ROFLMAO: so he will have some great comparison photos to the Triple Diamond version so you all can get a feel of what the looks are like. I should have mine in my grasp here shortly and plan on getting a sim session in as soon as I’m done quarantining 😕

Let’s get to the driver itself. The 26 g tungsten speed cartridge is the big new tech and understandably so. Tungsten is a premium material so like @Jman mentioned, don’t consider this an “off-year” launch. This is a premium product with premium material. As someone who misses the center of the face on driver quite often, I can attest that this thing runs hot even with off center hits. I attest that to the speed cartridge as well as the AI face have a lot to do with that. The things Callaway is doing with AI technology in the faces are absolutely mind blowing. When they mentioned in the product presentation that each driver had a different version of an AI face tailored to the profile of the golfer it is intended for I thought, wow is this over kill? What they are doing is changing the density in certain spots of the face to increase speed in the places where golfers miss the most. Absolutely amazing technology that is all centered around producing as much speed as possible. So for those epic fans I would highly recommend not counting this product out, soley considering the the new tech in the face. It’s that good. And earlier when I mentioned, “is this over-kill?”. Absolutely not.

in fact, with what Callaway shared with us about what they plan for the future of AI faces this is just scratching the surface. Absolutely unreal tech into this. The speed cartridge they have adjusted just slightly to better frame the new face, so everything is getting focused around this new face tech.

The tech grade? 10/10

the look of the club is outstanding. I love a matte driver and this one looks great. The framing on the bottom is what I see as a slight variation from the original rogue line and is almost the reverse of the sim 2 framing on the bottom.

I’ve seen some people complain about “mono-chrome” pre release pics. Not to worry about that . I love the standard black and yellow color way but if that’s not for you fine. Callaway is offering customization of colors ways for this club. I don’t want to spread misinformation, but if I remember correctly there are 20 different color combinations that customers will be able to select from at some point if they choose to do so.

The look grade for me personally? 9/10

let’s get to the results shall we.

First of all, I was given a max head to start as a bit of a “control” variable. I had my sub zero dialed to d/+1 on a 9° driver so they did the same for me here. First of all, I love the sound of this driver. That’s one thing they talked about during presentation, was making the sound appealing for the golfer and on that front this driver doesn’t disappoint. Very thwack-y, not high pitched or sounding like breaking glass. See video for example.

I hit the standard max solid but there were a few hits where my monster slice came into play. My dispersion because of these monster misses was over 50 yards……

Insert my fitter, Justin, who did his job like a boss. First we switched to the Max D head to see if I liked the ball flight. I definitely saw an improvement immediately which wasn’t shocking. However, I was still producing way to much spin due to the loft of the club. I was in the 3500 range with the MAX D 10° setup.

Justin switched me down to 8° and made a quick shaft modification and the results were damning. Immediately my spin rate dropped 1000 rpm’s. I was sitting in a comfortable ball flight that was consistently straighter than any driver I have hit. I hit 6 balls in the profile. My dispersion rate dropped from 50 yards, to 5 yards……FIVE YARDS. I was looking at a 260-270 carry and was nearing 300 on shots with good rollout. That’s more than perfect for me, especially if that means consistency in keeping it on course.

Unfortunately for me hitting this straight isn’t something I’m used to. Once I got this out to the course I was struggling to change my aim point which was starting too far left. This driver isn’t a cure all for slices. It’s still very possible to hit a large slice with this. However, if you are hitting it with even 80% efficiency in my estimation it’s going to be fast and it’s going to be straight for slicers. I couldn’t believe how many balls I lost just because how hard and straight I was hitting the ball. I wasn’t used to massive rollouts, and 5 yard cuts.

I can’t wait to get this driver to the range and to get practice with it. I feel like it’s going to completely change my game off the tee, which for me as a golfer is what is holding me back. I remember hitting balls with the irons and @DNevsCG and Justin both laughed and said, “Aaron are you sure you are a 9 handicap, because you look more like a scratch?” ….. “how is your short game?” :ROFLMAO:

(proceeds to shoot in the low 90’s and high 80’s):ROFLMAO:

well not great, but my worst attribute is by far getting off the tee. This club I’m hoping will change all of that for me.

overall I give this club a 9/10. Better players may not flock to it immediately but I think that’s a mistake. With 4 different options I think everyone should be looking into the club. The tech is off the charts and premium, not to mention it gives a glimpse of what the future of AI in golf will look like.

Rogue St Driver line is here and I may be biased but I think it’s going to be the best club of its kind in 2022.

I'm super fascinated by this. What is your swing speed or average distance off driver?

I'm fascinated by the big drop in loft with the Max D. Did he explain why dropping the loft made such a difference. I'm trying to understand the thinking there? Does it close the club face or?

I'm super fascinated by this. What is your swing speed or average distance off driver?

I'm fascinated by the big drop in loft with the Max D. Did he explain why dropping the loft made such a difference. I'm trying to understand the thinking there? Does it close the club face or?
Dropping the loft on a driver can reduce spin as well as increasing speed. Going with the driver that has the highest level of forgiveness and a bit more spin, was a good way to fit him into certain windows of ball flight.

I wanna see a cut away of the internals and how the new jailbreak is setup and works.
Also liking the mat crown.

Can't wait to hit that Triple Diamond and the shaft pairing is awesome for stock. Great info James!

I need to find my power tower!

Got to see these in person as the pics of the shape isn't coming through for me. Some grab me and others are meh.

The flatter lie is getting me giddy as I'm on the shorter spectrum and don't like cutting down shaft length.

Can anyone compare the shape to the DBD of old?

I'm going to hold off replacing my current head after someone skyd an asteroid with it. The shaft will be an easy test together as I use it now.

Last edited:

I’d say @JB hit the nail on the head there.

I hit EXTREMELY down on the ball. I was playing a 9° D/+1 on my epic flash and got fit into a 9° N/-1.

thats 2 ° of loft difference which caused the massive change in RPM.

with the club having draw bias already as well as max forgiveness they didn’t have to add more draw bias into the adjustable hosel which allowed them to cut my loft to get rid of extreme side spin misses and were able to add a lot of rollout on my shots also to fit my new low penetrating launch that I get with such a steep attack angle.

My average swing speed is around 100.

My average carry was probably 260, but had the potential to carry 280.

I would say at current my swing speed is maybe slighty higher due to the tech.

My average carry stayed in the 260-270 range with less potential for farther carry but my rollout increased significantly.

Info day!!!! I gotta get to work but I will have a decent initial impressions write up here shortly!

At first glance, the face looks like it was bought from Titleist.

Loved reading this article and All the comments as i scrolled down through the GD Boy's and what their experience was with the fitters and results.....I am truly liking what i read.

I have never played much Callaway equipment int eh past and really i do not know why that is. Maybe just friend bias in the early years, not sure, but i really like what i am reading. I really have a need to try the TD LS.

Love reading the changes for what some of these guys played, to what was actually better...@RealPretendPsychic going to the TD LS with a Tensei White? Great jump and from a 6.0 to a 65 X shaft......I could be swayed

the matte crown is very sleek and sharp. Can't wait to see it and try it in person.

I've had the opportunity to try out the Rogue Max ST a couple of times now (with my current shaft and an RDX shaft). My initial thoughts are that it comes off the face hot and I love the look and set up of the club. The Max trajectory is just not for me. Too high and probably need less draw bias.

I have a fitting on the 21st and was going to look at the LS but with so many of the GD getting fit for the LS Triple Diamond I've gotta try it.

Great insights coming from the GD crew. I don't get excited until I can actually hit a club. I am not sure anything here will bump a brand new driver from last year but the matte top looks real good.

Loved reading this article and All the comments as i scrolled down through the GD Boy's and what their experience was with the fitters and results.....I am truly liking what i read.

I have never played much Callaway equipment int eh past and really i do not know why that is. Maybe just friend bias in the early years, not sure, but i really like what i am reading. I really have a need to try the TD LS.

Love reading the changes for what some of these guys played, to what was actually better...@RealPretendPsychic going to the TD LS with a Tensei White? Great jump and from a 6.0 to a 65 X shaft......I could be swayed
It’s going to be a game changer for me! I’m a work in progress, but the Rogue Triple Diamond LS and new shaft have the potential to eliminate my two way miss while also going for miles! I also went down to a 45” shaft at the direction of the fitter, which hasn’t resulted in any noticeable difference in distance because it’s freezing and I’m not hitting the ball very far with any club!

Back