Columbus, Oh ...... Pros and Cons

Congrats on the possibilities! Sorry to hear Cbus is out,but hope all works out for the best.

Update.......tons of interviews for the wife and I, me mainly in Memphis, and my wife in Memphis and Columbus. Today she officially has an offer from Columbus, and maybe from Memphis today too. We need to decide on Columbus by Monday, with a start date for June 1st.

I have a job offer for Memphis, and their one and only Trauma center in the city. I had to do 6 interviews, and it felt like it took forever. Just awaiting official compensation package from them. If we decide on Memphis we will be living in Mississippi in the South Haven/Olive Branch/Hernando area.

Update.......tons of interviews for the wife and I, me mainly in Memphis, and my wife in Memphis and Columbus. Today she officially has an offer from Columbus, and maybe from Memphis today too. We need to decide on Columbus by Monday, with a start date for June 1st.

I have a job offer for Memphis, and their one and only Trauma center in the city. I had to do 6 interviews, and it felt like it took forever. Just awaiting official compensation package from them. If we decide on Memphis we will be living in Mississippi in the South Haven/Olive Branch/Hernando area.

Dang bro, serious thought involved in this decision. Praying for you!

Pulling for you all! Hope it all works out in the best way for you all!

Dang bro, serious thought involved in this decision. Praying for you!
My wife is a wreck HAHA. I am keeping it under control. Everything happens for a reason.

Eww Ohio? Gross. Stay in AZ and thank me later :ROFLMAO:

Things that sound awesome:
1- Not leaving my house
2- Having golf in my house

Most states would be livable with those two features at the top.

1- Not leaving my house

will trade excavation manpower hours for later sim hours to allow driver swings in the basement

Ohio-con

1- Not leaving my house

I would love to have a simulator in my house.

But i'd still leave to play golf outside in Arizona. ;)

Wife works for the VA and got a job offer to relocate to Columbus through the system. We would not entertain this but a couple of factors haveade us think twice. 1) we have friends there, 2) closer to family, 3) we need family help at times and we have zero help here in Phoenix.

My wife loves Phoenix and this makes this decision much more difficult. She's from the Midwest and understands the weather that comes with it. Any way.......pros and cons?
Columbus is a family friendly town (most of the night life is downtown). LOTS of chain restaurants (it’s apparently a test market for a number of them)

Weather - they have tornadoes and snow; but summers aren’t as long (though oddly fairly humid).

The town is full of Ohio State University fans. If you don’t like red or people doing cray things when they hear “O-H”, this may not be the place for you!

Golf courses are real nice out of the town though; some great tracks and land is super cheap

What's she leaning right now?
She is honestly 50/50. Her best friend lives in Columbus. It sounds like potential coworkers are a good bunch. Memphis has potential to grow in her field and more autonomy, housing is more affordable (you get more house for your dollar) in Memphis/Mississippi. Im ok with either. And Golf Sim WILL be put up wherever I live.

She is honestly 50/50. Her best friend lives in Columbus. It sounds like potential coworkers are a good bunch. Memphis has potential to grow in her field and more autonomy, housing is more affordable (you get more house for your dollar) in Memphis/Mississippi. Im ok with either. And Golf Sim WILL be put up wherever I live.
that solves the winter part of Columbus hahahaha

It's a cool city, with lots of great golf. I'm sure you guys will make a great choice and thrive!

good luck, Sean. I've moved enough to know it's always tough deciding what will be best!

good luck, Sean. I've moved enough to know it's always tough deciding what will be best!
Moving...Did somebody mention moving...I just moved...And will again in 3 months...It's exciting...It sucks...:LOL::LOL:

I can’t convince my mom to let me skip the Ohio visit for Christmas.

yeah, okay Michigan..

Great comeback!
Columbus is a family friendly town (most of the night life is downtown). LOTS of chain restaurants (it’s apparently a test market for a number of them)

Weather - they have tornadoes and snow; but summers aren’t as long (though oddly fairly humid).

The town is full of Ohio State University fans. If you don’t like red or people doing cray things when they hear “O-H”, this may not be the place for you!

Golf courses are real nice out of the town though; some great tracks and land is super cheap

It is, and so is Dayton! However, it is also home to quite a few cutting edge restaurants, as is Cleveland! These have become "foodie" towns! As is Cincinnati. The last time I dined in C'bus, our server announced that they had a limited amound of kid goat available for sale. Some farmers around the area had started raising them for the restaurant industry! Being an adventurous eater, I ordered it, and it was delicious!

I find it odd that you live in Houston, which is the most humid environment that I have ever encountered, and call Columbus "oddly" humid. The reason for that is that a high pressure system gets a hold of some of your humidity down there, and pumps about 1/4 to 1/3 of that up here!

And we have enthusiastic football fans, with a good reason to be so! Where's the problem there?

And there is some great golf in the area, but that is the one area where AZ might come out on top. you probably won't be able to play every day!

Let me know which hospital, so I can call them and tell them not to hire you. So you can stay in the desert.

JK bro, happy for you. Make sure to have a guest room so I can visit for a golf weekend on occasion.

For those in engineering or similar, Intel just announced that they will be building a mega Fab site near Columbus (Licking County). That will generate a lot of high paying jobs and a lot of trade jobs once they get started. There will be the potential for 8 total Fabs if needed.

Hopefully there are some good courses in the area?

Back