The Car Appreciation Thread - Let's Talk Cars

Sometimes it’s hard to pick your favorite Ferrari so you just need to see all of them
000562FA-A2A6-47AD-8DF7-B1767CEDA2F9.jpeg
2A5E317A-93EB-44A2-A1F4-13CAF5202492.jpeg
44D635B3-3C69-4429-8D10-A2207AFE099F.jpeg

Holy f*cking sh*t. That's the P540 Superfast Aperta in the background of the first pic. Likely the first "Special Project" Ferrari ever made. So cool! Where was this?

This is at the Daytona speedway a couple years ago where they tried to set a worldrecord for the most Ferraris on the track at one time.

they did not. Only 809

Here's another one that by all accounts probably isn't a great car. It's under powered and may not be comfortable but man are they just cool looking.

1C6E8EBB-918E-46AA-A598-D21030F897DE.jpeg

Here's another one that by all accounts probably isn't a great car. It's under powered and may not be comfortable but man are they just cool looking.

View attachment 9067300

If I had a lazy $100K laying around, one would be in my garage.

Reactions: KEV
If I had a lazy $100K laying around, one would be in my garage.
Several years ago I had the chance to buy one for $18,000 I believe. The body was in good shape, mechanically sound and just needed some interior work. I ended up getting something different and I kick myself for not getting the Delorean :banghead:.

Several years ago I had the chance to buy one for $18,000 I believe. The body was in good shape, mechanically sound and just needed some interior work. I ended up getting something different and I kick myself for not getting the Delorean :banghead:.

I'm not sure what reaction to use for this post. I actually looked at DMC yesterday and $99K is the cheapest one. :cry:

Reactions: KEV
I'm a little different I appreciate cars that made no sense.
Typhoon
Cyclone
Gnx
Grand national
Glh-s

On the other hand I absolutely enjoy the classics also like the Porsche 959 Whale tail is just a thing of beauty. When I was younger my mom had a 73 Porsche targa that she got for graduating college in 72 and kept until around 1999 that is where I found my love for Porsche.

Typhoon
Cyclone
Gnx
Grand national
Glh-s

On the other hand I absolutely enjoy the classics also like the Porsche 959 Whale tail is just a thing of beauty. When I was younger my mom had a 73 Porsche targa that she got for graduating college in 72 and kept until around 1999 that is where I found my love for Porsche.
Typhoon makes perfect sense in that it was a car with absolutely no practical value but the you could say you had the coolest Jimmy on the block

Typhoon
Cyclone
Gnx
Grand national
Glh-s

Yes GLH-S!!!!

Yes GLH-S!!!!
Then Chrysler went insane and put the 2.4 turbo into the caravan and New Yorker and other cars. But the glh-s was an insane car.

Then Chrysler went insane and put the 2.4 turbo into the caravan and New Yorker and other cars. But the glh-s was an insane car.
Yea, the turbo 2 daytonas and such were hilarious back in the day! Hot Rod Garage is building up a Turbo 5 speed minivan and it's awesome.

Yea, the turbo 2 daytonas and such were hilarious back in the day! Hot Rod Garage is building up a Turbo 5 speed minivan and it's awesome.
My mom had a turbo new yorker. that thing was plush! had leather and talked to you, your door is ajar, your door is ajar.

Cool thread! I love cars.

Childhood fav - Ferrari F355. To this day still my favorite Ferrari. When I was a young lad my dad had just bought a new Cadillac STS sedan and this F355 pulled up to us at a stop light. My dad revved and gave him the ol' staredown and off we went. The sound that came out of those Ferrari tailpipes as it waxxed us is something I'll never forget..

Fav car I've owned - 2003 Terminator Cobra. Oh baby was this car the best. I beat the ever loving piss out of it for a few summers and went through more rear tires than I can remember. Regret selling 100%

Dream car - Not sure I have one at the moment. I would have said ZR1 Corvette a few years ago but I can't imagine having anything without rear seats for my kids these days. Would love to find a 96-98 SVT Cobra for a little weekend cruiser.

Childhood fav - Ferrari F355. To this day still my favorite Ferrari. When I was a young lad my dad had just bought a new Cadillac STS sedan and this F355 pulled up to us at a stop light. My dad revved and gave him the ol' staredown and off we went. The sound that came out of those Ferrari tailpipes as it waxxed us is something I'll never forget..

Fav car I've owned - 2003 Terminator Cobra. Oh baby was this car the best. I beat the ever loving piss out of it for a few summers and went through more rear tires than I can remember. Regret selling 100%

Dream car - Not sure I have one at the moment. I would have said ZR1 Corvette a few years ago but I can't imagine having anything without rear seats for my kids these days. Would love to find a 96-98 SVT Cobra for a little weekend cruiser.
CTS-V is a solid choice if you need rear seats. just saying.

I really would like to pick up a terminator. They are not losing value at all and they are just the epitome of cool (behind the newer GT350).

Old sedans and coupes... cadillacs, lincolns, continentals, dusenbergs... muscle cars... they're all cool.(y)(y)

Old sedans and coupes... cadillacs, lincolns, continentals, dusenbergs... muscle cars... they're all cool.(y)(y)
I think I just love cars that are made with real human heft and touch. There was a couple in town who hand-built a dusenberg replica based off of a modern car but made all the body panels in their garage out and I remember as a child telling my dad that the bumper was one I would appreciate being hit by and the dude said it was one of the best compliments he's ever received.
If I got hit by a corolla I would be depressed.

I think I just love cars that are made with real human heft and touch. There was a couple in town who hand-built a dusenberg replica based off of a modern car but made all the body panels in their garage out and I remember as a child telling my dad that the bumper was one I would appreciate being hit by and the dude said it was one of the best compliments he's ever received.
If I got hit by a corolla I would be depressed.
Yep. I know what you mean. And the styling is so subjective. A lot of people in this thread love the original Mustang body. Not me. I'm meh about it. I much prefer the S500 body style.

But a Dusenberg... I'd take one of those even if it was a clapped out hoopty. The art deco style and flowy design... o_O

Here's where you need to go to see the prancing horses....Bumped into Ian Poulter here a few years ago.

My 03 is the only Mustang I regret selling.

Back