Graphite Iron Shafts

A question for all of those joint experts. If the shaft will have the same weight as steel what would be the real benefit for elbows and wrists?

In case of the Programs, they are actually heavier than many steel shafts. Like I said, in my limited experience so far, they just feel softer, like they absorb more of the shock.

A question for all of those joint experts. If the shaft will have the same weight as steel what would be the real benefit for elbows and wrists?

That's where I'm confused at here. I guess the feedback through the shaft might not be as harsh vs steel, but it seems something like a sensicore insert might help alleviate some of those issues as well. With steel going lighter I would think it would be less harsh than before. I'm no joint expert but I know my way around one :p

--
tapatalk

You just got a guy from BC all excited for a moment there! I had the exact same thought though, if the weight is the same, and the flex is the same, the only thing it could possibly be is shock absorption no?

In case of the Programs, they are actually heavier than many steel shafts. Like I said, in my limited experience so far, they just feel softer, like they absorb more of the shock.

You just got a guy from BC all excited for a moment there! I had the exact same thought though, if the weight is the same, and the flex is the same, the only thing it could possibly be is shock absorption no?

I believe that to be the case. I am in absolute full ponder mode here. The science behind this is incredible.

I'va always heard the benefit was due to shock absorption more so than the weight. But I'm no joint expert, quit that stuff years ago!

Well, I know that the folks at Matrix conducted advanced DE testing on the industry leaders in the steel shafts and discovered some problems when it comes to vibration. The Program 130 is their answer to those inefficiencies. DE testing is what they do to determine energy loss in iron shafts, if that makes sense.

It's tough to wrap your head around but in layman's terms: Matrix tested a slew of the top iron shafts out there, and found their weaknesses, in vibration and stability at impact, and literally made it better. The result of them making it better or ideal or whatever you want to call it, is the Program Graphite shaft! God, I love this!

I believe that to be the case. I am in absolute full ponder mode here. The science behind this is incredible.

I agree with you JB, however, I just don't see how there is going to be a substantial difference in shock absorption. I am certainly hoping to gain significant comfort, but I have my expectations set low. If I spend a couple hours at the range, I may not be able to move a couple of my fingers (that were once broken) the next day. May not be a fix for that but if graphite is a step in the right direction, I'm in.

Great information here, TC. This is really enlightening to me.

Less vibration coming back up into your joints I believe.

Do be honest, I don't know a lot about Aerotech and PX's offering b/c I'm kind of in full on Matrix mode. I'll try to educate myself a bit more after my reviews are done.

I would agree with chunky in the fact that the Programs would be similar to KBS', PX = PX's, and Aerotech would be closer to DG's. That's just based on the specifications found on each companies websites, but those things can sometimes change on a real life arena (outdoor ranges/courses).

I do love DG's,Might have to do more research on Aerotech. Thnks guys. All this info is great

Less vibration coming back up into your joints I believe.

Thanks CL. The more I read, the more I want.

Although still pondering the PX as well.

I have a PX graphite iron shaft here that I might put in something for some testing.

Thanks CL. The more I read, the more I want.

Although still pondering the PX as well.

I have a PX graphite iron shaft here that I might put in something for some testing.

I'd very interested to hear how the PX works for you if you throw it on an iron and test it out.

Me too man. Me too. I have to be honest, I have been aching since the outing. I literally had to drag myself to the range the other day and I came home wanting to cry. My fingers and wrists are swollen and beat up. I think it will be graphite for me from here on. I think my tempo can handle even the cheaper graphites but I do want to try the nicer ones lol

Me too man. Me too. I have to be honest, I have been aching since the outing. I literally had to drag myself to the range the other day and I came home wanting to cry. My fingers and wrists are swollen and beat up. I think it will be graphite for me from here on. I think my tempo can handle even the cheaper graphites but I do want to try the nicer ones lol

See what happens when you call out the competition. You get sent home in a body bag...hehe

See what happens when you call out the competition. You get sent home in a body bag...hehe

Lol and I become a troll

I'd be interested in the PX shaft testing as well. I'd love to have a bag of clubs with one shaft throughout the bag. PX 6.0 shafts in every club would be awsome.

Just got a call from a local club guy. Looks like he has something very cool for me to test. Going to try and drop a club off to him tonight. What do you guys think? Cleveland Cg16 or Burner 2.0?

Just got a call from a local club guy. Looks like he has something very cool for me to test. Going to try and drop a club off to him tonight. What do you guys think? Cleveland Cg16 or Burner 2.0?

Both should do the trick. Similar in weight and shape and both really forgiving. Go with whichever gives you the best look at setup so there are no issues going in.

cg16 homey

Haha. CG16! Love that 7i :)

CG16 gets my vote too.

I'd have to vote for the 2.0, mostly due to the color scheme.

I'd have to vote for the 2.0, mostly due to the color scheme.

That is what I went with. Just picked it up and holy cow. Daddy needs a lot of money! I will take some pics in a few and post them. I screwed up on the grip color though!

So where are the pics?

Tonight. The boss told me to get dinner ready. I'm going to start a different thread as this shaft deserves it's own thread.

Back