The Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Hy-Wood

This weapon was on my doorstep when I got home this evening.
B8FE788E-B6C7-43F8-9CE6-386CEA11885A.jpeg8C64252D-81FF-4CE5-AA0D-61B2D693904F.jpeg

@MWard @JDax @Iceman! @russtopher Y’all we’re right! :oops: Holy f***! First swing was a frozen rope like 225, and it did it over and over. Possibly the easiest club I have ever hit!

geez no love haha

glad to hear it has made a strong first impression
Sorry @ddec ! I will bring you some Villa Italia the next time I’m in the Capital Region.

Seriously, I’m shocked that this club isn’t in more bags of THP’ers. It’s so good.

I'll keep banging the drum that this club as big of a game changer as the 460cc driver and first standard hybrids.

It must be the shaft. I picked up their 4H as well and I just strip that club too. I have a Titleist TS2 19* hybrid I assume I'll just replace with the Cleveland version. I don't understand how easy they are to hit.

Finally got to spend some quality time outside with the Hy-Wood.

I said “oh my goodness” after at least 3-4 shots that were just dead freakin’ straight. Soft landings.

I think I have my new security blanket.

One thing that isn’t getting talked about is the sound. It’s really good. Not loud, but let’s people know you’re there!

Does anyone have any of the other halo hybrids, not the Hy-wood? Looking for a 5 hybrid. This might fit the bill.

Does anyone have any of the other halo hybrids, not the Hy-wood? Looking for a 5 hybrid. This might fit the bill.
I have the 4H and I just purchased the 3H an hour ago. There’s something about this line that’s so easy to hit. I have 2 nice Titleist TS2 hybrids that are perfectly fine that I’ve parked for these. I don’t care about the how or why I just love the IS that makes these clubs so easy to hit

I have the 4H and I just purchased the 3H an hour ago. There’s something about this line that’s so easy to hit. I have 2 nice Titleist TS2 hybrids that are perfectly fine that I’ve parked for these. I don’t care about the how or why I just love the IS that makes these clubs so easy to hit
I might have to begin my search for a Halo 5 hybrid. My local Golf Galaxy doesn't have any of these. Will have to scour some of the pro shops in the area.

The Hywood is a little beast. When I look down at it I wanna hit it like a hybrid. But for me it does better when I hit it like a FWW. It’s like my Halo XL 7-wood distance wise. Maybe a few yards further but it lands so soft. It’s like a 6 wood but stops like a 5 Hybrid. I really really hope Cleveland decides to make more loft options at some point. A 15 and a 21? I would use all 3. The Cypher shafts are perfect.

Is it just me or is there a bit of surprise that this club goes pretty dead straight @ddec ? I mean didn't we show that in a video?
It was pretty consistent when I hit it. It’s definitely a club the majority of golfers should be gaming.

I might have to begin my search for a Halo 5 hybrid. My local Golf Galaxy doesn't have any of these. Will have to scour some of the pro shops in the area.
Off of the tee I can hit my UHX 5i 190+ yards and I think I have more in the tank as I chase speed this Spring. That said I've thought about getting the 5H to replace it as why do I want to work so hard when I can just swing easy clubs? I'm holding off though as I want to stay married lol

Is it just me or is there a bit of surprise that this club goes pretty dead straight @ddec ? I mean didn't we show that in a video?
Again I don't understand what's going on with the clubs but they all go straight unless it's a bad over the top swing which I did once with the Hy-Wood. I still nutted it though lol

The hybrids didn't quite work as well for me. It's funny, I was at the range on a random weekday afternoon (joys of working from home 4 days a week now) and there was a Cleveland demo tent.

I was actually looking for a replacement hybrid. I was in the middle of a dalliance with the G425 that wasn't going well. I wasn't crazy about the 4H. Didn't even know about the Hy-wood at the time or test it. I heard about it a few weeks later and bought it without hitting it. It's absolutely been the bag MVP in the 20 rounds I've played with it.

Which makes me wonder about the Cleveland driver. I'd hit the Launcher Turbo at a demo day a few years ago and loved it. If the driver was as easy to hit as the Hy-wood, I'd seriously consider it.

The hybrids didn't quite work as well for me. It's funny, I was at the range on a random weekday afternoon (joys of working from home 4 days a week now) and there was a Cleveland demo tent.

I was actually looking for a replacement hybrid. I was in the middle of a dalliance with the G425 that wasn't going well. I wasn't crazy about the 4H. Didn't even know about the Hy-wood at the time or test it. I heard about it a few weeks later and bought it without hitting it. It's absolutely been the bag MVP in the 20 rounds I've played with it.

Which makes me wonder about the Cleveland driver. I'd hit the Launcher Turbo at a demo day a few years ago and loved it. If the driver was as easy to hit as the Hy-wood, I'd seriously consider it.
Great post especially using the word dalliance, I’ve only heard the word but never have seen it spelled out lol

I thought about the driver too but I’m not going to try it as I have a hunch all of these Cleveland hybrids spin a bit “too” much compared to an optimized shot..just a guess. I’m perfectly fine giving up some yards on long clubs off of the deck but I’m sticking to my TSi3 driver as I want max performance off of the tee. I’ve never been good with long irons or hybrids/fw off of the deck so I’m not going to get greedy.

This is my thinking at least.

Back