SeeMore Putter Forum Testing Review Thread

Well, I played some greens today that were faster than any that I've played in a calendar year. I was not ready for that. I had two 3 putts, but I still rolled quite a few good ones. I actually paid attention to the fact that I don't pay attention to the red dot anymore. My setup is absolutely 100% consistent at this point in time and I get into position and without trying the red dot is hidden, alignment is good, and I roll the ball. Like I said, speed is now my last achilles heel. We had some crazy wind that dried the greens out today and I was in the last group off. All in all, I didn't leave any putts short, but having gone 3 rounds without a 3 putt, having two 3 putts today was definitely something to shake me up a bit.

My setup is now second nature to me as well. The only part of the routine I still do is make sure the two white lines are perfectly aligned. Outside of that quick peek, I am dialed in now!

31 putts for me last night as well and that was with two 3 putts. One on the 3 putts was just a crazy hard location for the flag, I left my putt a bit short with a fast downhill breaking shot. I'm putting much better and much more consistant than ever, I just have to keep reminding myself to stay back with my shoulder back and more upright. The speed is just there for some reason if I do that.

30 putt round at The Vinoy in St Pete. The Greens were Super fast.I had one 3 putt I havent had one of those in a while. Knock on wood. Playing 36 Sat @ The Babe in Tampa. Then Off to THe Vinoy if all goes well on Monday. It is great the way all of us seeem to be getting to the same place around the same time. I honestly dont look for red. So I did this last round and it never was there. You have to love that. My ball is rolling so true . No bouncing then rolling it rolls from contact I love it. I have also been saving Putts by using my putter out of the fringe area, instead of chipping. I love SeeMore . I have been thinking about the SeeMore name . I think it should be called SeeLess Putts. Because since aquiring this baby I see less putts on my scorecard....:banana::D

I am playing 18 on Sunday at Washington National. The real test will come starting June 11 at Pumpkin Ridge, then playing all 4 Bandon Dunes courses the 12th and 13th, and The Home Course on the 14th. The biggest test yet for the Si3! Can't wait!

Played 9 last night and putted great, the pace issues I had when I first got the seemore ae long gone. My partners were just shaking their heads, I had a few long lag putts that were within tap in range. I did miss a short putt but that was all me, made an ugly tentative stroke and paid for it. I can't say it enough, it's made my putting much better and added a ton of confidence.

So I went to the practice area last night and rolled some putts. Started with the usual 3-6 footers just to get a tempo going. After that I started giving myself some pretty long putts with a hill that had to be navigated. On the downhill putts I was spot on with my distances. 80% of those putts ended with 2 or less putts. On the uphill putts I was all over the place. I would either leave it 10 feet short or race it past 15 feet. Anyone else have issues with uphill putts? Any drills that I can practice with? Ended my session with the circle drill starting at 3 feet and ending at 6 feet. Made 15 of 18 putts which is pretty good for me.

So I went to the practice area last night and rolled some putts. Started with the usual 3-6 footers just to get a tempo going. After that I started giving myself some pretty long putts with a hill that had to be navigated. On the downhill putts I was spot on with my distances. 80% of those putts ended with 2 or less putts. On the uphill putts I was all over the place. I would either leave it 10 feet short or race it past 15 feet. Anyone else have issues with uphill putts? Any drills that I can practice with? Ended my session with the circle drill starting at 3 feet and ending at 6 feet. Made 15 of 18 putts which is pretty good for me.

The biggest issue I have with uphill putts are if they are flat at first then uphill say the last 1/3rd or vice versa. My problem is typically leaving it short, especially if its the last 1/3rd, and ramming it way past if its the first 1/3rd. I'd be interested in hearing tips/drills to assist in remedying this situation too.

I had an awesome round today. 29 putts baby..... Thats with 3 hole outs in the first 5 holes. I was so mad. First hole 10 foot putt went around the whole cup and rested on the edge it went in first. 2nd Birdie 1 putt. 3rd same dang thing ring around the rosey..... 4th par 5th ring around again. I couldnt believe it. I was ready to kill myself..... My SeeMore is Awesome .I love it......( me singing):alien2: Oh for all you that may not know it SeeMore has gotten some new Hats and some really nice Shirts.

Three holeouts in five holes wow. Great job.
Thanks for the heads up on the hats

Pretty exciting day with the SeeMore today. Played in a one man scramble and was just on fire putting. Had two chances each time, but rarely needed it. 26 putt which could be common in that format, but the rest of my game was a bit rough, so a lot of those putt were long. Two around 30 feet, numerous ones in the 18 to 20 range. It just feels sweet, smooth and I know what happens every time I miss.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Headed back out this morning for another round with my SeeMore Si1. Different course than my last round with much tougher greens. Tons of subtle breaks and fairly quick. Overall, I was very happy with my putting for the day. Ended up with 35 putts and there were (2) 3 putts in there. On both of them, they were in that 40-50 foot range and I did not gauge how much I was going into the grain and just left them really short (like 12-13 feet).

I had a ton of really good 2 putts and I feel like I can't miss within 10 feet. Made 2 in the 10-15 foot range and was really close to rolling in some of the putts over 15 feet.....just one more roll!!

My stepdad even noticed a big change from last Sunday morning compared to today with the changes I was working on this week. The practice is definitely paying off and I really am enjoying the continual improvement. This entire process has definitely changed my approach to putting and I feel that I am actually getting decent at it rather than just hoping for a good day on the greens.

Thanks again to SeeMore and THP for the opportunity!!!

I don't see a whole lot of "Ted said" comments anymore. Are any of you still in contact with him?

I've not spoken to him Matt. I feel like I'm working toward my goal so I'm not in need of his assistance just yet. I will be making a video for him to take a look at so he can critique any progress I've made though. I feel like I'm a completely different putter

To be honest Matt, ever since going through the Pat O'Brien's video and practicing on my fundamentals and trusting the RST, I've had really good success. My confidence has been really high and that's something my game's never really had. From 10-12 feet now I'm actually thinking I have a chance instead of thinking don't make this a 3-putt.

Matt - I have not spoken with him recently either. I knew I needed to go back over the basics in Pat's video before reaching back out to Ted. My progress over the next several weeks will dictate if I need to video and have him analyze for me or not.

I don't see a whole lot of "Ted said" comments anymore. Are any of you still in contact with him?

I just made a new video to send in and hope to download it tonight after work to send off. I would say I'm about 50% with the complete set-up to be honest. I still have a tendency to hunch a bit too much, but and staying back better and my release is much more pronounced, which may be the best part that has helped me the most. I've become a much more consistent putter since starting this project.

Hey Matt I Keep in contact by email every week with him .When I'm done for the weekend I send him my thoughts what was good and bad. Usually I will attach what I posted here as well. Then most times I will Post what he wrote back in email.Last week he was out of town, so he didn't get back to me till Thursday. He loves the updates . If you have a question I can forward it if you want.....I sent him email last night,so you will be reading a "Ted Said" shortly.

Update: TED SAID (wrote)
Thanks for the note. I do not have much to tell you about the putts that are lipping out. Sorry about this. I think that is an awesome thing. I hear this from time to time - they will begin to fall!!

What it sounds as if to me is that you are not afraid to fire at the pin and you are giving yourself many more chances to make birdie.
Nice post!!! Keep it going and those putts will begin to fall - Trust me!!!!

Well, Washington National's fast greens and tough pins were not kind to me and the Si3. I had 35 putts (not good at all). I had 3-3 putts all on the front. The good news is I putted better on the back. I had 19 on the front, 16 on the back. There were alot of tough pins, and I didn't help myself with my iron play. I hit alot of GIR's, but I also left myself in bad spots with either tough downhillers or over a ridge type putts.

Overall, it could have been worse, and I did make some good 2 putts and had 4-1 putts, so all isn't lost. My putting average has stayed pretty close to the same as it was pre SeeMore. I have shaved about .25 off my putting average. Pretty much a wash. I still am a work in progress as I started playing rounds a bit later than some of the other testers due to my wife's health. I still really like the feel of the Si3 and my pushing issues are long gone, so progress has been made.

The weather is finally turning up here and golf season is in full swing. I have a major putting test coming next week when I play Pumpkin Ridge and all 4 Bandon Dunes courses in 4 days of golf bliss. The Si3 is going to get a workout, as am I!

I've not spoken to him Matt. I feel like I'm working toward my goal so I'm not in need of his assistance just yet. I will be making a video for him to take a look at so he can critique any progress I've made though. I feel like I'm a completely different putter

Hey buddy....is the putter coming around for you? did you happen to take any of my advice? Which might have been one of the funniest things that happened in our round.

I give Chunky some putter advice. JB says, "yeah, listen to the guy who has a horrible putt named after him"

I had been putting better in the last few weeks and most of my glaring issues have been adressed. The best thing about SeeMore is they are almost always available. If, (more like when), I start struggling again Ted and SeeMore will be there to help!

Perhaps the most impressive thing I take from the ongoing updates is that you guys may still struggle from time to time (it's not a magic wand after all, still need to putt!), but now every one of you now has the ability and the tools to break it down and see what you're doing wrong, meaning you can work on the right things and make putting practice actually productive.

Great reading guys, really enjoying following this thread. Thanks.

I know I haven't spoken with Ted since the first 4 or 5 interactions in the first 3 weeks. He was absolutely responsive and provided great information. I feel I'm very comfortable with most of the process at this point in time and the only thing that is inconsistent is my read and or speed. To which Ted couldn't fix without being my caddy! So, if I re-gress I will definitely contact him but I've lowered my putting average by 2+ strokes per 18 (from 33 to ~31) at this point, and I know it can still get considerably better.

I hear you Spaceman. I'm putting around the same number of putts. I actually got to 29 twice . I hoping for some better days to come but I know we aren't doing to bad. My speed control is finally coming under control. Good luck buddy, lets hope there is no regression .

Definitely...please no more regression!!! Headed out for 18 today after work on some "easier" greens than I played on Sunday. Stroke & form is definitely getting better and hoping to keep it going tonight. Summary will be posted post round.

Thank you again to SeeMore and THP. Our member/member was this past weekend and and Black Beauty was ready. Had 27 putts the the first day and a personal record of 25 putts the second day. The confidence I have with my SeeMore may be the biggest reason I'm now averaging a full two strokes less per round in my number of putts.

When I look at anything within 10-12 feet I'm only thinking of making the putt, never about the miss. Lag putting now is something I don't think about either, I know I can keep it within a few feet of the hole.

Do I still miss? Yes, I do, just not near as much as I used to! If you're in the market for a new putter do yourself a favor and look into SeeMore.

Back