That’s a great comment and I can tell you there is major differences off driver. We do tons of R&D robot testing with different balls and inside our own line you can see over 500rpms difference from RX to XS and even more comparing e12 CONTACT to XS off driver. There just are differences because the specifications and make up are not the same.
We are building and developing many more software versions for OTTO that will allow comprehensive fittings by looking at driver, irons shots and wedge spin. Stay tuned for massive software updates.

thank you so much for responding. Awesome.

It's always awesome when someone from the OEM steps into a thread to answer questions on the fly.

500rpms is quite a bit inside your own brand from ball to ball 👀 and thus why getting FIT FPR A BALL is soooooo important. Could be a massive increase or drop depending on what you decide is best for your game.

@rehbirdie.....don't be afraid to convince corporate to send an OTTO to Northern Ohio. Haha. Or more specifically, my house. I'll put up a net, it will be totallllllly legit. 🤣🤣

I declare this, the summer of Korf!!!!!

I can just tease but we are developing software updates that will fit for driver, approach shots and wedge spin utilizing OTTO! Stay tuned!

look forward to it as the the RX is my ball of choice right now

I like the initiative here by Bridgestone, integrating tech to make more informed equipment choices. I’d be willing to bet the challenges in integrating approach and wedge shots into the tool are more based on the tech chosen. That radar unit is so dependant on proper set-up. I bet FS had to recalibrate a few things to allow the unit to be above the ground as show in that pic, which may work ok w/ driver (teed up ball) but could be difficult with other clubs.

... We are building and developing many more software versions for OTTO that will allow comprehensive fittings by looking at driver, irons shots and wedge spin. Stay tuned for massive software updates.

This sounds awesome! Thanks for the reply on how you've approached fitting through driver in the past. I am a fan of V-Fit and the big data approach you have behind this. It's cool to see it get better and better.

Imagine what you could do as an OEM, when you have from R&D an exact characterization of the performance differences in ball models. Then imagine you have a database of golfer data from live and video ball fittings going back 6+ years (I'm sure longer than that).

Combine and you have a ball fitting product that based on real R&D lab PLUS field experience, can measure your launch conditions and recommend needed adjustments for more optimal flight. This is powerful stuff.

We will have OTTO at THP HQ next month for some fun content.

Hopefully you're not using indoors...Mevo+ is not the best with a short flight environment ;)

Hopefully you're not using indoors...Mevo+ is not the best with a short flight environment ;)
Not our first rodeo with launch monitors

Missed this! Maybe this will change my mind about it a little….

Missed this! Maybe this will change my mind about it a little….
What concerns you about this? If outdoors, Mevo+ can track the ball well (enough).

@JB
What was the limitation of the cell phone camera and golf ball box video fitting? Why is this now better?

What concerns you about this? If outdoors, Mevo+ can track the ball well (enough).

@JB
What was the limitation of the cell phone camera and golf ball box video fitting? Why is this now better?
The direction is what concerns me, it’s cool, and a bit gimmicky, but I think the message could be much better and more clear than relying on this.

And I’ll not comment on Mevo+ :censored:

@JB

For starters, at the consumer level, the work necessary for it to happen. You had to put a dozen balls down, have a friend film you, then still submit the video and wait for results. Those are a lot of steps in the current society of impulse.

For starters, at the consumer level, the work necessary for it to happen. You had to put a dozen balls down, have a friend film you, then still submit the video and wait for results. Those are a lot of steps in the current society of impulse.
Fair, forgot how many steps it took to get the results back. Plus it couldn't be done at a golf course where you could then buy a dozen off the shelf to play that day, because you were just fit into them

It's not THAT bad...
While I think it works fine, for this usage, at the consumer level it is a giant ******* turd based on the dollars they are charging and the support that is given.

While I think it works fine, for this usage, at the consumer level it is a giant ******* turd based on the dollars they are charging and the support that is given.
This. 100%

This. 100%
I've had experience with it and sadly agree that it isn't the best...which is why I've moved on to another LM... Foresight all the way now

Sounds awesome, but awesome stuff like this tends to never find it's way to my area haha

This week we will have Bridgestone at the THP Tech Studio talking golf balls.

Back