Ohio Area 72 Hole Weekend Delight

I'm glad too! Only a few more days! Can't wait...

ok, the my staff (kids) picked names for the Saturday PM Session, I moved me and Marc to the first tee time so I can be done first and help get prizes ready

2:56 tee time at Yankee Trace
Team #1--Mikedean441 and Marc W
Team #2--Bullfrog and Rob Dean

3:05 tee time at Yankee Trace
Team #3-RxGus and Blind Draw, but more than likely DANNY P!!!
Team #4-Highscoreinky and Jeff Kelso

Day 1 PM Session-8 guys , this time we are splitting up into teams of 2 and playing 2 man betterball, everyone plays their own shot and the lowest "net" score out of the twosome will be the official score for the team on that hole. Again handicaps will be figured in. WInning team will receive a prize.

Edited: Danny P is not going to be able to make this round, so his partner RxGus one the round is completed will blind draw for who his teammate is/was. We will then figure a team score for them based on that persons performance. So technically someone will get 2 shots at winning!

Havent drawn for Sunday yet as both rounds only have 7 guys, not that big of a deal for the PM round since its an individual event, but trying to get an 8th for the team stabbleford game sunday AM

Last edited:
I'm sure there are a few of you but who is going to have a rangefinder and or the uPro mx?

I'm sure there are a few of you but who is going to have a rangefinder and or the uPro mx?

Ill have the upro....hey we might have a spot open sat pm in dayton area, do u wanna join us?

ok, edited list of players and the teams for Sat PM as we had some changes

Sounds good. Maybe Danny P will play more than just 2 rounds. I just have to convince him that he's not old! LOL It would be easier if i didn't hurt him, while helping him move a refrigerator a week ago. We are bringing my truck, so the ride won't be bad on his back. And hopefully our hotel has a hot tub for him to soak in on saturday night... LOL

ok, after some changes, here is where we stand. I cancelled the 3 tee times for Shaker since we were down to just a few people and the 4 of us are just going to play elsewhere. I'll send out the Sat AM teams later tonight!

Saturday June 11th

AM--12 total
Mikedean441
Rob Dean (Mikedean441's brother)
RX Gus
bullfrog41775
Danny P
marcw
cg13
miller821 and jacob (miller's son)
BDLorton--guest of miller821 and now a THPer
Scott Anderson-guest of miller821
Tim Haverkos--SWOGA--guest of Mikedean441

PM--7 for sure
Mikedean441
Rob Dean
RX Gus
bullfrog41775
marcw
highscoreinky
Jeff Kelso (highscoreinky's business partner)

Sunday June 12th

AM--8 for sure
Mikedean441
Rob Dean
RX Gus
bullfrog41775
Danny P
marcw
Brock
Joel Willis-(friend of Mikedean441)

PM--4
Mikedean441
Rob Dean
marcw
Brock

Sounds good. Maybe Danny P will play more than just 2 rounds. I just have to convince him that he's not old! LOL It would be easier if i didn't hurt him, while helping him move a refrigerator a week ago. We are bringing my truck, so the ride won't be bad on his back. And hopefully our hotel has a hot tub for him to soak in on saturday night... LOL

yeah get him to play Sat night and you guys can just take off Sunday after our AM round and let him recoup. Trust me, he doesnt want to miss Yankee Trace, its AWESOME

plus he has better odds with 3 rounds of winning the TROPHY!

Calling for 74* and sunny!!!

Sounds pretty good to me. Looking forward to meeting some new people.

yeah perfect day for golf...hoping saturday turns out ok

I hope you all have fun. Looks like you've put a lot of effort into this, Mike. Nicely done :)

I hope you all have fun. Looks like you've put a lot of effort into this, Mike. Nicely done :)

thanks, hope everyone enjoys it, got some great courses lined up, the games should keep it interesting, but Im most excited to meet fellow THPers for the first time.

Hoping we can do something similar later in the summer/fall, already got some ideas going through my head

thanks, hope everyone enjoys it, got some great courses lined up, the games should keep it interesting, but Im most excited to meet fellow THPers for the first time.

Hoping we can do something similar later in the summer/fall, already got some ideas going through my head

There's something very cool about meeting THP'rs. Not many people are true golf nuts and it's really nice to meet people that are like you.

Beckett is probably the easiest, and its even brutal when the greens are fast

More OB you will not see. The place has went down hill since '02 and that includes course conditions. Not worth the price of admission unless you can get a special rate. I worked there from 1993-2005, used to be my favorite course. Still love the layout, but like I said, it's nowhere near as manicured as it was in my prime.

Dang, I was hoping it was going to be in the 90s. I love the heat, and most people don't, so I would have a huge advantage then :D
Really looking forward to meeting everybody and playing some nice courses.

More OB you will not see. The place has went down hill since '02 and that includes course conditions. Not worth the price of admission unless you can get a special rate. I worked there from 1993-2005, used to be my favorite course. Still love the layout, but like I said, it's nowhere near as manicured as it was in my prime.

yeah it was solid in its prime, it was beat up like most places last year, but Ive played there twice this year and its been in solid shape

and the Sunday AM round, Stableford scoring (see page 1), just paired up people that were bringing others along and mixed in everyone else and balanced the teams

Team #1 Mikedean441 and Rob Dean
Team #2 Joel Willis and Marc W

8:17 tee time at Beckett Ridge
Team #3 RxGus and Brock
Team #4 Bullfrog and Danny P

I'll send out a final PM this afternoon with my contact info, etc!

I should have him convinced to play 3 rounds. It's gonna be a blast. I will store your info in my phone and see you guys at Pipestone around 7:30 am.

I should have him convinced to play 3 rounds. It's gonna be a blast. I will store your info in my phone and see you guys at Pipestone around 7:30 am.

awesome, I'll pm you guys my phone # etc in case something comes up and maybe what im wearing so you know who to look for lol (should have ordered a THP hat to make it easier)

I will have my Green THP hat on. It's part of my normal golf attire. See, I'm a true THP'er at heart.

ive updated the first post with all of the teams and tee times, as well as below

Pipestone Sat AM
Team #1-8:06am tee time
Mikedean441
Rob Dean
CG13
RxGus

Team #2--8:15am
Bullfrog
Danny P
Marc W
Tim H

Team #3--8:24am
Miller821
Jacob
Bdlorton
Scott Anderson

Sat PM
2:56 tee time at Yankee Trace
Team #1--Mikedean441 and Marc W
Team #2--Bullfrog and Rob Dean

3:05 tee time at Yankee Trace
Team #3-RxGus and Blind Draw, but more than likely DANNY P!!!
Team #4-Highscoreinky and Jeff Kelso

Sunday AM
8:10 tee time at Beckett Ridge
Team #1 Mikedean441 and Rob Dean
Team #2 Joel Willis and Marc W

8:17 tee time at Beckett Ridge
Team #3 RxGus and Brock
Team #4 Bullfrog and Danny P

Koo. I will be leaving work in 20 mins. Going home getting my weekend bag and heading towards dayton. Be on the road by 7. Have time to relax tonight and get ready for some GOLF!!! Pm me your number Mike so i can have it. Once I leave work it will be hard to get back on THP before I leave home.

I hope you guys have a blast tomorrow. Stupid manadtory Saturdays at my work right now.

so play sunday!

Still playing Hamilton elks on Sunday Afternoon?

Back