Brand Story: Understanding the Dominance of Odyssey Golf

I know it’s not part of the article, but I always enjoyed hearing how the white hot insert got its start, and would go on to become iconic.
I believe it went down something like, Odyssey was looking into developing some inserts, when Ely Callaway connected the putter team to the ball team, to see if they could use the same materials/urethanes from the Rule 35 ball in putter inserts.
The rest is history
Skimmer 😁:p

hahaha. I did miss that part. Too busy staring at Sean’s picture 🤣
I mean, he was posing so I guess it's understandable :LOL:

I mean, he was posing so I guess it's understandable :LOL:
I mean we do an in depth story for him and he skims it. What are we even doing here?

The history is pretty cool and the dominance is unbelievable. That is dang impressive, especially for how long they've been that dominant. Very cool. I need an Odyssey putter it would seem.

Great article! My first putter was a white hot #4 that was 10 years old and it was still great. I had no idea Odyssey had that much dominance on tour with unpaid players. Really speaks to their quality.

The history is pretty cool and the dominance is unbelievable. That is dang impressive, especially for how long they've been that dominant. Very cool. I need an Odyssey putter it would seem.
I think that is what stood out during research. How quickly they ascended to the top and how long they have stayed there. It had some peaks and a few less valleys, but duration is long.

I think that is what stood out during research. How quickly they ascended to the top and how long they have stayed there. It had some peaks and a few less valleys, but duration is long.
Indeed. As competitive as the golf industry seems to be, all the options there are, and tech changing at the pace it is, it is pretty incredible to me they have had that longevity on top they have. Definitely doing something right!

That number in the article Just moved to 40

I just pulled out my former #7 for a test run.

I have a White Hot #4, I love the smoothness with it, but I seemed to have issues with lag putting distance with it, so I went searching, and found the SM Corona Del Mar(used) which is a similar size and shape, but I'm more consistent with it.
Shocked to hear that hardly any are getting paid to use them, yet they still dominate usage.

Thanks

Just put the Eleven in the bag after forgetting to before the trip. Wont make that mistake again.

Curious to see what they do this coming year.

Just put the Eleven in the bag after forgetting to before the trip. Wont make that mistake again.
Yes please ditch that other putter :ROFLMAO:

Back