Cobra KING Tour Irons with MIM Technology

I think there may be a few sets of these going with our new MC's..... looking forward to their feedback on them! I certainly did not have the game to play them

I think there may be a few sets of these going with our new MC's..... looking forward to their feedback on them! I certainly did not have the game to play them
I hope there are a few. These clubs are definitely surprising (in a good way), but I don't fault them for going with the new FT's either, those are very nice.

I am not a low handicapper by any means but I hit these better than any other club, partially because with my swing flaw I needed some loft and spin in my irons and these give me that, with enough forgiveness to still be playable.

I will say they don't have the same "sweet spot" as a GI or even Players Distance type iron, so if someone is looking for a large sweet spot with a lot of help on miss hits, these are probably not it, but they are on the "forgiving" side of the players iron category

Forgiving for a “players” is a good way to put it. Not quite i210 but more than T100. Very nice iron. I can’t say I wouldn’t select them again if I were going back this year.

Full season use. Likely 30-40 rounds plus ample range and home made range time. Wear looks great in my opinion. FCF680F0-B489-4AFF-8998-FE94C52B5123.jpegB0DD7FF7-4C96-4357-BD80-881700285BA7.jpegBD713C54-06AF-448F-9417-78749297C069.jpeg

I feel ashamed for largely ignoring these irons.

Today I looked and hit them…. 😳😳

Holy softness Batman. And they look incredible at address.

Anyone in the single digits playing these?

Is the soft feel actually a bad thing and covers up poor strikes a bit too well?

Is the soft feel actually a bad thing and covers up poor strikes a bit too well?
I'm not a low handicapper, so I have misses all over the face. I am not sure how far away from center some of these misses are, but I can tell a difference when hit thin, high on the face, or toe very easily...let alone noticeably shorter distance

I don’t feel toe strikes much but it will tell on you if you hit it low. You’ll feel it and lose height and distance just as one would expect.

I must miss way out on the toe :LOL:
I don’t lose any distance on toe but I never said anything about left hahaha My biggest issue with these iron: over spin. I’m a full 1-1.5 clubs shorter with a ballooning ball flight. Low spin ball and trying to play them lower. I’ve clubbed up and swung easier, played it back and also forward. I’m a 2 degree flat player in Cobra spec. I’m going to find someone to bend them more upright to see if that helps at impact with the loft.

These are great irons. Some of the most consistent irons I’ve hit. Can definitely tell a mishit from flushing it. Pretty forgiving too.

I don’t lose any distance on toe but I never said anything about left hahaha My biggest issue with these iron: over spin. I’m a full 1-1.5 clubs shorter with a ballooning ball flight. Low spin ball and trying to play them lower. I’ve clubbed up and swung easier, played it back and also forward. I’m a 2 degree flat player in Cobra spec. I’m going to find someone to bend them more upright to see if that helps at impact with the loft.
I remember you saying you overspun them...could it be the shafts at all?

I remember you saying you overspun them...could it be the shafts at all?
Shaft may influence delivery but shafts dont spin the ball. I'm hoping that lie adjustment (ball flight is really accurate minus the overspin) Don't want to make them stronger in lofts

I had a great day with these (and my CBX2 gap wedge) look at my approach strokes gained from today 😲. I hit 7/9 GIR on the back nine and just trusted the distance and swing with these.

Fitted irons are great. I will never discount a proper club fitting again

Screenshot_20220605-185129_Shot Scope.jpg

Lie angle. I was 2 flat on order and played them well last year. The right side miss started creeping in with a really high ball flight and huge spin numbers. 8500 for a 7 iron. This has been pretty consistent through the bag. I’m more upright in my swing (on purpose) and my lie angle is 3 flat. Going to have them bent back to 1 degree flat and take it the other way. To nice to give up on.

Lie angle. I was 2 flat on order and played them well last year. The right side miss started creeping in with a really high ball flight and huge spin numbers. 8500 for a 7 iron. This has been pretty consistent through the bag. I’m more upright in my swing (on purpose) and my lie angle is 3 flat. Going to have them bent back to 1 degree flat and take it the other way. To nice to give up on.
8500 on a 7 iron...😲

You weren't kidding that you could overspin these

8500 on a 7 iron...😲

You weren't kidding that you could overspin these
Yeah I’ve tried golf balls and all. Lie angle and maybe one degree strong. If that don’t work I’ll move on and maybe revisit them next season.

Another attempt at unseating these today was unsuccessful. Hit every desired combination my local DSG had to offer. Ping i59 with PX LS 6.5 and MP 223 with DG X100 were the only thing close but nothing worthy of change. The one thing I did note after I decided not to change I grabbed the fitting 7 iron head and put a 130g shaft in it. That felt so much better.

After a brief stint with the CB/MB's these are back in the bag until the FTX's arrive.

After a brief stint with the CB/MB's these are back in the bag until the FTX's arrive.
Curiosity tried to take mine out of the bag but they do everything I want right now. I can't feather them. The faster I swing the better the results. I think thats my only negative to them. I swing easy with these and hit target. I can blast a 7 iron 175.... go figure (amateur paradise at its finest)

Curiosity tried to take mine out of the bag but they do everything I want right now. I can't feather them. The faster I swing the better the results. I think thats my only negative to them. I swing easy with these and hit target. I can blast a 7 iron 175.... go figure (amateur paradise at its finest)
I tend to not swing hard for whatever reason and it always costs me with irons like the blades. These are more forgiving but I need to do better. These irons are so good.

Lol blasting the irons...I hit my 7i 182y yesterday 😲...not my normal distance...I then proceeded to hit the 6i 193y...and this is when I thought I was swinging easy...it was insane

I tend to not swing hard for whatever reason and it always costs me with irons like the blades. These are more forgiving but I need to do better. These irons are so good.
I can't strike them if I swing easy. Hosel rockets for days or I get flippy... I like the 5-8 irons better than the wedges. Easy to launch.

I am smitten with these irons still...I went to the range yesterday as a "warm up" from 2 weeks with no golf and they performed fine...I didn't focus on distance because the range was on a slope downhill, but I wanted to make sure direction was good - ✅

Today I put them on the sim and set up a few targets for warm up before really focusing on driver and FW from TEE. Well the PW which I would say has not been my "favorite" club because I hadn't hit it squarely much on the course and the distance I was getting wasn't what I expected in that spot in my bag...well today I hit 5 shots to a 135y pin and carried them all 130-133, with a one bounce check for total distances of 133-136. My 3rd of 5 shots was the best by far, 132 carry, one bounce, stop, 3 feet from the target flag. Yep I'm ready to go flag hunting on the course this weekend

My new King Tour MIM copper irons should arrive within a week!

Looking forward to getting these in play and dialing them in for the Morgan Cup.

Back