that's opposite of drivers then. :unsure:
Apologize for the confusion, I was in a hurry typing that out and muddied the waters. I either need less coffee, or more coffee.

Finally can talk about them. I just rolled out of bed and had time to read the great article by @Jman and catch up with this thread.

First thing to say is that I didn’t get much time with them, so I don’t have any numbers to give anyone yet. We were hitting off mats, but we were hitting our own irons off mats as well. The feel and sound was outstanding and an improvement over my current irons. The profile was a touch smaller than my king forged tec. The shafts in @Koske clubs felt fantastic. I hit my current 7i and this SMS 7i and fell in love with this one. Nice high ball flight and better feel (with range balls). I won’t swear that it went longer, but I think it did. This was without messing with the weight at all in any of the irons.

I hit the PW well, but it will take some adjustment for me to go from my current PW that is the length of a 7i to this one. I am having the same transition with my new SMS 50 degree wedge compared to my GW that is longer due to being one length.

the highlight for me was the 4i. I struggle currently at that spot in the bag. I have not been hitting my single length 4i very well and was about to get a hybrid when picked for this event. I loved the sound/feel of the SMS 4i and it was higher and longer than my current 4i. Huge difference when swinging my 4i side by side with this one.

these irons have so many possibilities. Just looking above at my own feedback, I wonder if maybe the weight in the 4i was perfect for me and maybe the PW or 7i would have been better in a different slot? There is nothing here that wouldn’t let me have weight in the toe of the 4i and center/heel in the PW.

I think a fitting would really help with these, but I also think just some time on the range with them will help you decide where to put the weight.

one thing that can’t be emphasized enough is that they are not strong lofted and they are still getting more ball speed and distance in the hands of golfers. The SMS 7i is 32 degrees and my current is 29.5 degrees. When in the robot hands, these irons were not longer than some of their competitors due to the loft difference, but in the hands of golfers with the ability to change the weights, they were longer and more accurate for 96% of testers. Personally, that leads me to believe the weight adjustability works great!
well....This may mark the end of me beating you in our matches!

I can not wait to see how they perform for you!

If you hit these without knowing, you probably wouldnt guess they were hollow bodies. The port where they inject the foam is behind the one weight so you cant see it. The other thing is they dont have the hollow body "clicky" sound when you hit them.. they feel and sound really good.

Apologize for the confusion, I was in a hurry typing that out and muddied the waters. I either need less coffee, or more coffee.
Bourbon.

I wonder if once you dial in the weights if they are they same. For instance do the heavier weights go in the toe for long irons, heal for shorter irons or middle for mid-irons or the same all around?

I wonder if once you dial in the weights if they are they same. For instance do the heavier weights go in the toe for long irons, heal for shorter irons or middle for mid-irons or the same all around?
This will be interesting to experiment with. I am looking forward to getting dialed in with this

If you hit these without knowing, you probably wouldnt guess they were hollow bodies. The port where they inject the foam is behind the one weight so you cant see it. The other thing is they dont have the hollow body "clicky" sound when you hit them.. they feel and sound really good.
100% agree with this statement. Has much more true forged feel and sound compared to the forge tecs and 790s I have hit

Really like the promo video for these on the Edel website. The yards closer to the centerline statistic could be massive for me and I really think this is going to do a lot of positive work toward my current goal of lowering the handicap.

100% agree with this statement. Has much more true forged feel and sound compared to the forge tecs and 790s I have hit
I hit the SMS next to my old King Forged Tec and also JB’s new set of Forged Tec. The SMS feel great and at least on par with the current Forged Tec and better than my KFT.

Going to be fun to experiment with. I’m thinking mine could be a mix of heel and mid. The thing that intrigues me is the ability to purchase additional weights. A person could then adjust swing weight progressively throughout the set if a person likes that setup.

These are some good looking irons

You can pre-order today. I assume that they will be adding more shafts as it gets closer to release. As far as the Quest participants, we will order after 7/21 and before August 1.

That is a good looking iron, next to no offset. Also love the ferrule.

You can pre-order today. I assume that they will be adding more shafts as it gets closer to release. As far as the Quest participants, we will order after 7/21 and before August 1.

As if I wasn't excited before. Nothing feels and sounds quite as good as a flushed forged iron shot :love:

That was the first thing I noticed, they have that soft but dense feel that is so much smoother than the clicky feel of my current gamers.

I am about as eager to spend more time with these as I have been in a set of irons in a while. I enjoyed hitting CK's 7 and 9 iron quite a bit and found something that really helps me square up at impact. Pretty impressive in hand.

I love the look of these and good to hear they are a bit larger footprint than how they appear. When I first saw the picture I got a little sad thinking they may be above my ball striking level but excited to read that’s likely not the case. These are really intriguing as my approach play is the worst part of my game currently and I’m sitting here with visions of GIRs if I get these in hand.

That said, is anyone worried at all about the amount of ready-made tweaking creating the potential of over analysis? That’s my one concern at the jump, is can I leave well enough alone once I get dialed in/fit for them.

I love the look of these and good to hear they are a bit larger footprint than how they appear. When I first saw the picture I got a little sad thinking they may be above my ball striking level but excited to read that’s likely not the case. These are really intriguing as my approach play is the worst part of my game currently and I’m sitting here with visions of GIRs if I get these in hand.

That said, is anyone worried at all about the amount of ready-made tweaking creating the potential of over analysis? That’s my one concern at the jump, is can I leave well enough alone once I get dialed in/fit for them.
I'm sure we will all struggle with this. I know I"ve already moved the weights in my wedges at least twice.

Worried or HERE FOR ALL OF IT :ROFLMAO:

I believe that once you get the weight where you want, you will leave it alone. The process of getting it where I want has been fun in the wedges

Definitely a comfortable size - they were about right in my Goldilocks zone, small enough to force my focus and make me try to put a good swing on the ball, but not ultra-thin topline razors like some "players" irons I foolishly window shop. After spending some time working with the wedges I am sort of under the impression that once I find my comfort zone with the irons the weight placement probably won't have to change unless I am continuing to change my swing (but at least I then have the option).

That’s a great write up @Jman , these look absolutely fascinating. As with a lot of great ideas, makes you wonder why it’s not been done for years before. Would be interesting to see a full fitting with these to see how it all fits together.

Definitely a comfortable size - they were about right in my Goldilocks zone, small enough to force my focus and make me try to put a good swing on the ball, but not ultra-thin topline razors like some "players" irons I foolishly window shop. After spending some time working with the wedges I am sort of under the impression that once I find my comfort zone with the irons the weight placement probably won't have to change unless I am continuing to change my swing (but at least I then have the option).
Can’t wait to here how folks experience them. The approach is really appealing.

As far as ball striking ability, mins is pretty poor and inconsistent and I have no fears about using these. They are crazy forgiving and I found them easier to hit than my GI's in the first range session.

Back