Introducing King Cobra Wedges

Hit Vokey SM8 and the ZipCore vs these today. Both were slightly softer. Hit 56 degree wedge shots and maybe its comfort, maybe its nostalgia, but I see no reason to change. I will be replacing the Snakebites with Snakebites unless I get my hands on some T22 or Glide 4.0s that I fall in love with.

Hit Vokey SM8 and the ZipCore vs these today. Both were slightly softer. Hit 56 degree wedge shots and maybe its comfort, maybe its nostalgia, but I see no reason to change. I will be replacing the Snakebites with Snakebites unless I get my hands on some T22 or Glide 4.0s that I fall in love with.
My one knock on these remains that they’re a little firm, and they come out HOT for me. I never could fully acclimate.

My one knock on these remains that they’re a little firm, and they come out HOT for me. I never could fully acclimate.
They are hot. I noticed that as well. I missed the scallop. I only carry one specialty wedge and it worked great for me this past year. Kept me from digging and blading at 60. The biggest difference for me was the scallop. Maybe a proper fitting with the others to get the bounce correct would make the difference.

This is one thing we really didn't talk much about at the Morgan Cup. What does everyone want to see out of Cobra this year?

Softer wedges… for me…. And maybe a little more vertical forgiveness..

and in copper 😎

My only complaints were the chrome and the feel. Wish they could/would MIM these. Their MIM wedges beat out the snakebites, sm8 and t22 f or me

Ok another round with these wedges in play and they are fighting to stay in the bag. I will say these are a lot easier to hit than the T22's so it's silly to make things harder. These are still hot off the face. I have better technique so the chips are better but the pitches are still hit and miss. I do have to venture in choking down to make these more of a weapon.

These are very underrated. I’m in need of a new wedge or two and struggle to find reason for change other than just to change.

These are very underrated. I’m in need of a new wedge or two and struggle to find reason for change other than just to change.
I agree, having played nothing but cobra wedges for a couple years they are like a warm comfy blanket for me.

I agree, having played nothing but cobra wedges for a couple years they are like a warm comfy blanket for me.
I think I’d miss the scallop if I didn’t have it. Dumb I know but it’s the little things that create comfort.

#teamscallop

I am noticing that i don't hit my 56 degree Snakebite any farther than I do my Cobra 60degree MIM wedge. I think I hit everything else about the yardage one would expect. I have a 54 degree MIM which I am bringing back out to do some comparisons.

The King Cobra Snakebite wedges that will be in my Morgan Cup bag have arrived. I went with 52° (bent to 53°) Versatile & 58° Wide Low in Black.

10BED731-612F-4499-A477-019652E64683.jpeg
7B8D6A92-57F7-432D-89D8-38CF87A4CB47.jpeg
45FE8900-E2BF-4D2A-BFB3-B1421BFA350D.jpeg
B1129AF2-E077-4F29-9EDA-6D827F4545B7.jpeg
Looking forward to getting this thread hopping.

I like the addition of black because the chromes were a tad bright.

Looks awesome in the dark finish.

Those look money. Snakebite Black is a great looking finish.

I can’t believe I forgot to come post in this thread after getting my wedges in the other day. My Morgan Cup selections were 54° bent to 53° versatile and 58° wide low with kbs hi-rev Black Steel shafts. These things look so good and feel even better in the limited chipping I’ve done with them at the practice area. First round is coming up tomorrow so I should have lots of feedback.
D430812F-9DE2-4E3E-9325-FF416DF96FD6.jpegB1517B98-119A-4B74-905A-8A40E426AB22.jpeg

My chrome SB wedges are shiny

I can’t believe I forgot to come post in this thread after getting my wedges in the other day. My Morgan Cup selections were 54° bent to 53° versatile and 58° wide low with kbs hi-rev Black Steel shafts. These things look so good and feel even better in the limited chipping I’ve done with them at the practice area. First round is coming up tomorrow so I should have lots of feedback.
View attachment 9100634View attachment 9100635
Aw yes, those look so good in blacked out - makes me even more excited to get these in play. Really looking forward to seeing how those work out for you, especially the wide low grind - have heard so many great things about that.

The King Cobra Snakebite wedges that will be in my Morgan Cup bag have arrived. I went with 52° (bent to 53°) Versatile & 58° Wide Low in Black.

View attachment 9100626
View attachment 9100627
View attachment 9100628
View attachment 9100629
Looking forward to getting this thread hopping.
That really is a great looking finish, and love the recoils in there too! I can't wait to try the Snakebites out, I didn't get a chance last year and these were always at the top of the list!

Snakebites have some bite haha. They sure are bright in the sun, the feeling is firm compared to my Cobra raw wedges, reminds me of the black ones from a few years back.

Snakebites have some bite haha. They sure are bright in the sun, the feeling is firm compared to my Cobra raw wedges, reminds me of the black ones from a few years back.
Any reason you didn’t go black?

Any reason you didn’t go black?
I haven’t had chrome wedges in a while and typically or at least in my experience the black wedges which are made by a different process usually feel more firm, it’s a feeling I eventually get used to over time but have since gotten used to a softer feel that I really enjoy. Was hoping to avoid that by going with the chrome but they seem pretty firm to me anyway.

I’ve been impressed with the King Cobra Snakebite wedges so far. They are as advertised, they have a lot of bite. With the 58° Wide Low, I feel that I can get aggressive and throw it near the hole and it will stop (I have bladed a few on the course).

With only 2 rounds in, I haven’t had many full swing shots to provide a lot of feedback, but on the few occasions that I have attempted a full swing, I’ve been impressed.

In the few bunker opportunities, I haven’t had any issues with opening the face and getting it out. Also the black finish is holding up well so far. More feedback to come with more time on the course.

Back