Introducing King Cobra Wedges

I’ve been impressed with the King Cobra Snakebite wedges so far. They are as advertised, they have a lot of bite. With the 58° Wide Low, I feel that I can get aggressive and throw it near the hole and it will stop (I have bladed a few on the course).

With only 2 rounds in, I haven’t had many full swing shots to provide a lot of feedback, but on the few occasions that I have attempted a full swing, I’ve been impressed.

In the few bunker opportunities, I haven’t had any issues with opening the face and getting it out. Also the black finish is holding up well so far. More feedback to come with more time on the course.
Interested how the finish holds up. The copper finish is fading but it has held up very well in my opinion

I’ve been impressed with the King Cobra Snakebite wedges so far. They are as advertised, they have a lot of bite. With the 58° Wide Low, I feel that I can get aggressive and throw it near the hole and it will stop (I have bladed a few on the course).

With only 2 rounds in, I haven’t had many full swing shots to provide a lot of feedback, but on the few occasions that I have attempted a full swing, I’ve been impressed.

In the few bunker opportunities, I haven’t had any issues with opening the face and getting it out. Also the black finish is holding up well so far. More feedback to come with more time on the course.
Definitely interested in the finish. The older King Cobra black wedges held up really well but was a different finish. I never tried the darker MIM wedges and kind of regret not going black with these

Definitely interested in the finish. The older King Cobra black wedges held up really well but was a different finish. I never tried the darker MIM wedges and kind of regret not going black with these
I’ll let everyone know, I hope they hold up well.

I haven’t had chrome wedges in a while and typically or at least in my experience the black wedges which are made by a different process usually feel more firm, it’s a feeling I eventually get used to over time but have since gotten used to a softer feel that I really enjoy. Was hoping to avoid that by going with the chrome but they seem pretty firm to me anyway.
Black wedges are made by a different forging/casting process or you mean just the finishing processes? Any pics to show how shiny your chrome wedges are?

Interested in the durability of the black as others have said. Usually my color of choice for wedges.

Got my Snakebite wedges for the Morgan Cup yesterday. Made it out to the practice green tonight since I have a round tomorrow (that happens to be a match play match) and felt I should hit them off grass at least once before that. I went with 48 and 54 versatile grind and 58 widelow, all in black and with Recoil 110 F4 shafts. Wasn't too much adjustment on the 48 and 54 coming from CBX2s I had been gaming a few months. Was hitting nice running pitches with the 48 and could do the same with the 54 or put a little sauce on it if I wanted to.

I'm still figuring out the widelow 58 a little bit compared to the PM Grind I'm coming from. It can hit big flops like the PM but is doing it with the low bounce and cutout vs having a mega toe on the PM. Seems to like being very square or very open but not slightly open. It did well well on short bunker shots but the 54 did better on longer ones. Will likely lean on the 48 and 54 as much as possible to start until I understand how to get the most out of the 58.

Digging the feedback on the Snakebite wedges. I love the looks of them, and that black finish is super nice. Glad to hear you guys are liking them.

I’m only 3 rounds in with them and I don’t like saying negative things but this is just pure honesty. These Snakebite wedges are my least favorite Cobra wedges I’ve had in my bag. Maybe it’s just me but I think they are hard/harsh feeling which is not my preference in a wedge

Initial thoughts from off range mats:

I really like my two wedges. Tbh, I totally forgot I ordered 52 and 56 (thought I went 54 and 58 😅). So I was a bit nervous they would not Have high enough loft for a variety of shots. I was able to hit all the shots I wanted to today in the range. I am glad I went with the widelow grind on the 56. In my mind, it makes it even more versatile for that wedge (see what I did there lol). I am able to open it up and still hit high arching shots. I am curious how they perform out of the sand and the rough, but so far so good!

Distance seemed consistent and I was more accurate than I have ever been. Spin was hard to tel hitting into “rough” grass, but I trust the snakebite tech.

Got to put my new King Cobra Snakebite wedges in to play today for the first time.

As part of the Morgan Cup Paradise team I ordered 54 & 58 degree wedges both with the versatile grind and in the black finish. The 58 has full face grooves and 8 degrees of bounce. The 54 has traditional grooves a 10 degrees of bounce. The shafts are the stock KBS HI REV 2.0 125g Stiff and the grips are Lamkin Sonar Wrap Midsize.

First off, these wedges look really good. I like the shape of the heads, the top lines, the transition from the hosel to the leading edge and the way it transitions to the top line. Very classy looking!

The black finish is a deep, dark matte finish that does not reflect light. I like it a lot.

The sole grind has heel, toe and trailing edge relief.

Before my round I spent about 20 minutes chipping and pitching at the practice green. It was very dewy from a morning fog and the finish on these wedges shed water beautifully.

The wedges I’ve been playing the last few years are Corey Paul Functional Art Japan Forged hand ground and hand stamped raw wedges. So you could say that I’m kind of picky when it comes to wedges and also not afraid to play something different or out of the mainstream.

These Cobra wedges definitely have a firmer feel off the face than the forged wedges I’ve been playing. But it is not a harsh feeling. More of a crisp, solid and firm feel.

The spin these wedges produce is impressive. Around the green they were performing extremely well for me today.

I was apprehensive about how different these wedges are from what I’ve been playing. After today I do not have any reservations about playing these wedges and can say that I was pleasantly surprised at how well they performed on the course.

FC3744AA-8F75-457C-9916-DE28070EF465.jpeg
DC7D03F0-9882-4BD5-A453-772CADA6F1C5.jpeg
FFA7DB9E-E219-41EA-8C76-115732EA40EE.jpeg

Have the first 2 rounds in the books on these, and they have been a pleasant surprise in a good way. I expected them to be decent but probably weren't on my radar if not for the Morgan Cup

Short game has been excellent, especially in the first round which when most of the round was in a moderate rain. Starting to "get" the Widelow 58 and hit some good shots out of the rough today, including a chip in 🐦 on a delicate downhill shot. Playing partner yesterday commented you could "actually see the spin."

One note on the black wedges: like I mentioned yesterday was a rainy tound. I gave the clubs a once over to dry them but wasn't too focused on the black finished. The grey snake logo on the back is apparently raw steel because it had some rust this morning. Looks kinda sweet to me so not too concerned but might want to keep them dry if that's not your thing.

Got bit today, and it feels great.

Really excited to compare these to my Cleveland ZipCore and Edel that are currently in the bag!

994BC240-5762-49C0-8DF9-29E6E53C142F.jpeg

Due to vacation and some work issues, I haven’t gotten out as much as I wanted. I’ve only played 3 rounds and 1 range session since receiving my clubs. With that being said, I’ve been really impressed with these wedges so far.

For those wanting to know how well the black finish is holding up after 3 rounds, here are some pictures:

250F7920-C2A1-4DD3-B949-0408110D79BF.jpeg
D419B718-FC88-4B4F-AEB4-F5439C7B4D4C.jpeg
C27646FE-1DEC-4C6B-BD4D-0BC65C7C680B.jpeg

529EFC9D-A008-4B81-BF4E-173EE9F496CA.jpeg
Obviously missing a lot off the toe with the 52° isn’t the greatest, but the finish is holding up well especially on the sole.

Twilight 9 with the family tonight and got my 54* Versatile and 60* WideLow out for the first time.

Had two shots with the 60*. Nice smooth one out of a green side bunker to 10 ft. And then a tough flop shot behind the green to about 15 ft. Happy with those results.

Hit the 54* the most for 50-110 yard shots and overall was pleased but felt like they were going to get some time to get used to.

On the ninth and last hole I had a 75 yard shot. I grabbed my 54* and turned to my wife and said, “These are the shots that might take some time to get a feel with the new wedge”. Tough, protected pin over a creek but..

E4A8BAA8-9300-49EF-8912-BDCE311D9A19.jpeg
proceeded to put it here.. 👀

CB983149-6A30-41BD-81EA-8D2AA66E03D5.jpeg
76B8CDDF-500F-452B-802F-1CBCA308B546.jpeg
7FA3FF4E-B87C-4900-A682-DD88A6C7F020.jpeg
Bite me!! 🤣

Have the first 2 rounds in the books on these, and they have been a pleasant surprise in a good way. I expected them to be decent but probably weren't on my radar if not for the Morgan Cup

Short game has been excellent, especially in the first round which when most of the round was in a moderate rain. Starting to "get" the Widelow 58 and hit some good shots out of the rough today, including a chip in 🐦 on a delicate downhill shot. Playing partner yesterday commented you could "actually see the spin."

One note on the black wedges: like I mentioned yesterday was a rainy tound. I gave the clubs a once over to dry them but wasn't too focused on the black finished. The grey snake logo on the back is apparently raw steel because it had some rust this morning. Looks kinda sweet to me so not too concerned but might want to keep them dry if that's not your thing.
Dammit. Now I’m really regretting going chrome haha

Man, if there were points for looks and design, Cobra would win every time. Need to see these in hand.

Backstory: I am a huge wedge guy. Basically as a kid I'd spend hours out back in field near the house with a wedge and a shag bag, pitching and chipping back and forth to "greens" that were just a stick sunk among the field stubble. Wedges became my favorite.

Fast forward, and I am really stoked about these Snakebite black pieces. These are my first Cobra wedges, and are specifically part of The Morgan Cup equipment that I was really looking forward to. Why? The Cobra scallop was a huge part - I can appreciate a nice grind and these have something unique to offer. Snakebite grooves were another appeal, and the addition of full face grooves on the lob wedges is awesome. Finally, the overall shape is quite good, and competes favorably with my past gamers. I *totally* like trying new wedges. and predict these will be a ton of fun.

Out of the box I think the black finish looks great. I am setup with 48* Versatile, 54* Versatile, and 58* WideLow bent to 59*. I wanted to try both grind options, so I opted for Widelow in the lob wedge. 59* is a degree more loft that my usual 58* setup, so if it's hot and fast at Mossy I've got a little extra nippy spinner potential. 🎯

Shafts in these are UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F4. Plus guys and girls, these are my first wedges with graphite shafts :love:. Looking forward to that aspect of this experiment very much. Thanks Cobra and THP for these sweet scoring sticks!

554F4DB4-C7A4-475C-AD33-66D743585FAC.jpeg1FEA4642-11BB-4937-BD7A-A8EFF6FEF958.jpegD78931E7-D309-49B4-8585-F839C954F89C.jpeg

Twilight 9 with the family tonight and got my 54* Versatile and 60* WideLow out for the first time.

Had two shots with the 60*. Nice smooth one out of a green side bunker to 10 ft. And then a tough flop shot behind the green to about 15 ft. Happy with those results.

Hit the 54* the most for 50-110 yard shots and overall was pleased but felt like they were going to get some time to get used to.

On the ninth and last hole I had a 75 yard shot. I grabbed my 54* and turned to my wife and said, “These are the shots that might take some time to get a feel with the new wedge”. Tough, protected pin over a creek but..

View attachment 9106593
proceeded to put it here.. 👀

View attachment 9106594
View attachment 9106595
View attachment 9106596
Bite me!! 🤣
That shot will play!

Backstory: I am a huge wedge guy. Basically as a kid I'd spend hours out back in field near the house with a wedge and a shag bag, pitching and chipping back and forth to "greens" that were just a stick sunk among the field stubble. Wedges became my favorite.

Fast forward, and I am really stoked about these Snakebite black pieces. These are my first Cobra wedges, and are specifically part of The Morgan Cup equipment that I was really looking forward to. Why? The Cobra scallop was a huge part - I can appreciate a nice grind and these have something unique to offer. Snakebite grooves were another appeal, and the addition of full face grooves on the lob wedges is awesome. Finally, the overall shape is quite good, and competes favorably with my past gamers. I *totally* like trying new wedges. and predict these will be a ton of fun.

Out of the box I think the black finish looks great. I am setup with 48* Versatile, 54* Versatile, and 58* WideLow bent to 59*. I wanted to try both grind options, so I opted for Widelow in the lob wedge. 59* is a degree more loft that my usual 58* setup, so if it's hot and fast at Mossy I've got a little extra nippy spinner potential. 🎯

Shafts in these are UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F4. Plus guys and girls, these are my first wedges with graphite shafts :love:. Looking forward to that aspect of this experiment very much. Thanks Cobra and THP for these sweet scoring sticks!

View attachment 9107497View attachment 9107498View attachment 9107499
Looking forward to all the feedback on this but extra curious on how they work with the graphite shaft pairing.

These wedges are growing on me a bit as I get used to them. Still firmer than I prefer for a wedge but the performance is there. I'm considering adding 58 wide low and maybe a 48 if I can't get along better with the set GW in the next few weeks.

Got some time at a short game area today with the SB wedges. really enjoyed them off of the grass. Can’t speak much to how they compare to other wedges, but I like them a lot! I’ve enjoyed the feel and performance. They really do get great spin off the face. I could probably count on one hand how many balls rolled off the green when I hit the green. Curious to see how they perform on the course tomorrow!

Man these are fun wedges. Didn’t know if I’d like the full face grooves on the 58, but they do just fine in longer grass. Threw a few darts with these today, hit a flagstick (thankfully, because I thinned it) and just had a nice second day with these. Big fan to start out with these before October!

Man these are fun wedges. Didn’t know if I’d like the full face grooves on the 58, but they do just fine in longer grass. Threw a few darts with these today, hit a flagstick (thankfully, because I thinned it) and just had a nice second day with these. Big fan to start out with these before October!
What were you playing before and how do these compare feel wise?

What were you playing before and how do these compare feel wise?
Vokey SM8’s. Politely, I hated them. They felt like they went nowhere and they were just so so greenside

Vokey SM8’s. Politely, I hated them. They felt like they went nowhere and they were just so so greenside
You hated the SB or the SM8's? I haven't heard much feedback similar to what I have mentioned so I'm just curious if I am alone haha

Back