On and Off course bug problems, here is what has worked for me, NO SPRAY

10YardDraw

Ex Club Ho
Reaction score
Handicap
Slow Play!
Hey all i just wanted to share this product with you, my course is horrible in the bug area, there are horse fly's, knats, mosquitos, and more, i finally got tired of getting ate up and being ready to hit a shot only to have 100 knats and bugs flying around my head. I also got tired of smelling like bug spray and having that sticky feeling on my face and legs from it. i tryed the dryer sheet whipe down and then put it in my pocket to no success, i was wondering around the store one day and saw my holly grail lol, this thing has worked wonders for the bugs, clip it on your pocket or on your golf bag and your done, no more bugs bothering you. Here is a link to the product and it really works great, just wanted to share this as i know im not the only one with this problem. Thanks all
http://www.off.com/ClipOn.aspx?mkwi...ype=Broad&source=google&pcrid=7729279716&mt=b

I've always wondered if that works, I am a bug magnet and even the sprays don't seem to do much to keep them away from me.

I've always wondered if that works, I am a bug magnet and even the sprays don't seem to do much to keep them away from me.

same here man, its like im covered in honey or something lol, but this has worked great so far

Sweet I didnt think it would work well..Thanks

Sweet I didnt think it would work well..Thanks

neither did i but i finally gave in a bought a couple of them, best part is they are refillable, my dad used one today while doing yard work and mowing and said it worked great, he was getting ate up and about half way through mowing he put the one on i got him and said they didnt bother him one bit after that. Can be used for anything outdoors which is a big plus, its odorless as well

Interesting concept...and much better than covering yourself with spray! Nice find 10Yard. :)

same here man, its like im covered in honey or something lol, but this has worked great so far

Well i'm sold, gonna pick a couple up then.

I use the ThermaCell. I take it with me hunting, camping, and golfing. It works a whole lot better than the clip on things and its a whole lot more durable. Plus with a little modification you can make them refillable instead of having to buy the refill packs.

Thanks for posting this. We have a lot of deer flies right now on a few holes and they will drive you nuts. I'm more than willing to give these a try.

Thanks for posting this. We have a lot of deer flies right now on a few holes and they will drive you nuts. I'm more than willing to give these a try.

i know what ya mean, those things hurt like hell when they bite ya.

I can attest to this product myself. It definitely works as I too am a bug magnet. My boy is too, and my girls are not. We wear the clip ons and everyone is protected on and off the course. Man I sound like i'm filming a testimonial but it is all true!

the evil Scottish midge laughs at these and still eats its fill...:D

I can attest to this product myself. It definitely works as I too am a bug magnet. My boy is too, and my girls are not. We wear the clip ons and everyone is protected on and off the course. Man I sound like i'm filming a testimonial but it is all true!

lol so did i but hey you gotta let the people know what works

Man I just saw this in the store today and wondered if it would work clipped to the bag. I'm going to get it as I have been getting attacked lately

Man I just saw this in the store today and wondered if it would work clipped to the bag. I'm going to get it as I have been getting attacked lately

dude just clip it to your pocket, its very light and you cant even tell its there while playing, i actually forgot i had it on the other day

I might have to try this out a little later in the year, not too bad yet

The only bug that is a huge nuisance to me are thrips. Does this work against those too?

Thanks for the idea 10yard. I made a mixture of pure vanilla extract, and water. Use it as a spray, works like a charm.

The only bug that is a huge nuisance to me are thrips. Does this work against those too?

i have no idea what your talking about lol, i think you might of meant the YIPS but not sure

I was thinking about getting one pre outing but read reviews that said if it's windy it doesn't really work. Anyone find this to be true?

I always see the commercial for this product and wonder if it helps. I too have sweet blood that bugs love to feed on.

i have no idea what your talking about lol, i think you might of meant the YIPS but not sure

lol not quite the yips.

Thrips are small yellow-ish bugs no bigger than a few millimeters. They feed on young plants/vegetation and are attracted to brighter colors. Their bites feel like little pins pricking your skin. No permanent after bite or anything, but very annoying. When there is no wind, there are swarms of them and I can't really do anything. :(

I might have to try this out a little later in the year, not too bad yet
We don't have a big bug problem yet either, but will shortly. I think we'll try this too.

I used this again today while at the range and putting green and it worked like a charm, only had 1 or 2 bugs that bugged me and that was when i was walking so i probably walked in their territory lol

interesting...gonna give this a try.

Back