What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

My post will be titled What Golf Stuff I ALMOST did today (yesterday).

My Scotty finally arrive in the mail this past Friday. Long 6 weeks of waiting.
Went to my local course to roll some putts after a long day at work....only to see a "Putting Green Closed" gotta love it.

Getting caught up on THP and planning to hit the driving range on my lunch break

On my way to PLAY!

My local play/practice course has been closed the past two days. I assume for rejuvenation of the course. Have not been down there today. No one is answering their phones.

The other, 27 hole course is (partially?) open, but it's a bit of hassle to practice there. Different protocols are used.

So this morning I dug out my Kallassy Swing Magic club and did a few 15 swings reps with it.

Those not familiar with this practice club, it's just a 7i, where the the right grip slides up, and down on the shaft with the golfer's up, and down swing. I have even hit balls with it. It's great warm up club, since the golfer is using most if not all their swing muscles.

I will do these reps several times during each day, while waiting for the course to open back up.

Maybe I will break out my " Birdie Balls for a little close quarters chipping. Haven't used them in a while.

The local course opened back up after a two day closure. Apparently they just wanted the place dry out a little. Especially the greens.

Had the short game area to my self. Decided to start with hitting balls off the 4 uneven lies. For a target, I used my trolley, moving it around as needed.

Body posture (shoulders), alignment, ball position, club face aim, and weight distribution on my feet were most of my focus.

After that I hit flop shots with a few different clubs. This is my favorite shot to hit. I think every golfer needs this shot in their bag. Open club face, but still aimed at the target with an open stance was my focus. The set up does look/feel strange, but this is one of those shots the golfer just has to trust. That, and not be afraid to swing the club.

Did a little chip, and putt practice. Focus was on chip reads, and putt reads. Chip the ball close enough for an easy one putt. Chipped fron various areas off the green to various pins on that two tiered green.

From there it was a move over to the d-range for fairway/driver work. Someone left about 50-60 range balls at the short game area. Course allows us to take these balls over to the range for free use.

Same routine. I use the yardage markers to make a diy, skinny, fairway. Idea is to land balls in that fairway. That, or very near the edge.

Probably spent an 1.5 hours practicing this morning. Not all of it spent hitting balls.

Exchange 2 sleeves of Patriot Truvis CS for Triple Track CS whites.
I couldn’t see the patriot balls in the rough very well. Lost 3 out of the 5 I played that way.
It was like camouflage ….

I played 9 holes today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to the range after work today. Put in some time sorting my iron swing. I feel that I've been pulling across the ball to hard, lots of thin and pulls lately. Once I started slinging the club out to the right it started to click. Thanks to a mix of Shawn Clement and the latest TXG driver video giving me some insight.

Spent an hour in the short game area practicing my 40-60yd pitches after the range session, made a huge difference.

Hope it's something I can bring into my round on Sunday. Playing at Chambers Bay.

Went up to my club, hit the practice facilities, worked through the full bag Wedges to Driver, then did some bunker work, then some greenside chipping and some putting

We played the final of our mixed pairs knockout today, and after not swinging a club for a couple weeks, it showed

Neither of us played well and our opponents took full advantage and beat us quite easily

I was just pleased to be able to swing a club after the last couple weeks in fairness

I went to the driving range to work on 125 yds and in.

Booked a round for tomorrow with the wife. Also Monday and Tuesday as a single. Maybe Wednesday too;)

Hit balls at the range, putted a bit. Watched LIV.
Went to an indoor Cally demo to try something….of course they didn’t have it.

Watched LIV Golf Chicago. Did sets of pivot-down and downswing drills to iron-out my three downswing flaws. Putting practice on the mat. Chipping practice in the back yard.

Played 9 today. Making the most of the last few weeks this season.

Played 18 this morning at my old course. Pretty good ball striking and wedge play. Unfortunately, I may have set a personal record for 3 putts.

Oh, well... it was a beautiful morning to be out on the course.

2 hours at the practice facility - working on path and low point and then on the short game area for a lot of chipping and putting. I hope it carries over to tomorrow's round.

Cleaned clubs and cleaned out the golf bag (I should have done that much sooner :sick:)

Failed attempt at 9 holes turned into the range, trying out the tsr drivers and dropped off my hybrid to repair and regrip.

Played my usual Sunday morning 9 holes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back