Wilson Staff Model Collection Putters

Absolutely. Most reside in and surrounding Illinois, but there are still die hards.

It’s interesting though to watch the company struggle with messaging and image like @JB and @GolferGal discussed on WGP today when if they would look down the road they can see a company in Tour Edge who is THRIVING.

I'd be curious to know what their sales outside of the US look like. Maybe it's perception, but it feels like they have a decent amount of recognition in Europe, and the UK in particular. Sometimes we look at things through American lenses, which makes sense because of where the majority of us are. But just because we think of a brand a certain way here doesn't mean they aren't selling well somewhere else.

Absolutely. Most reside in and surrounding Illinois, but there are still die hards.

It’s interesting though to watch the company struggle with messaging and image like @JB and @GolferGal discussed on WGP today when if they would look down the road they can see a company in Tour Edge who is THRIVING.

Does Wilson put much effort into the champions tour?
I genuinely have no idea.

I'd be curious to know what their sales outside of the US look like. Maybe it's perception, but it feels like they have a decent amount of recognition in Europe, and the UK in particular. Sometimes we look at things through American lenses, which makes sense because of where the majority of us are. But just because we think of a brand a certain way here doesn't mean they aren't selling well somewhere else.
I have noticed this as well. The Wilson launch pad irons get a lot more love over the pond than the Cleveland halo which is the opposite I feel in the US

I’d bet that’s not the case based on market share

They don’t, but imo they should
Need VIjay back! Also try and get John Daly back with them he is great marketing.

haven’t hit the pod yet, but I don’t love the big Wilson in the cavity, makes me think of football

otherwise they are clean and hope they do well as my first irons were Wilson so have a soft spot

If they made a LH 8802 I would have purchased one already. Alas, it appears not to be.

Need VIjay back! Also try and get John Daly back with them he is great marketing.
Hard no to the first. He’s…a jerk.

To the second, hasnt benefited the 1,962 other companies he has signed with in the past 5-10 years.

If they made a LH 8802 I would have purchased one already. Alas, it appears not to be.
The one dexterity which might truly want one, it’s an odd decision imo.

Hard no to the first. He’s…a jerk.

To the second, hasnt benefited the 1,962 other companies he has signed with in the past 5-10 years.
It was a joke, my sarcasm missed :(

The in hand video from the Worst Golf Podcast might have changed my mind a little. They looked really good. I still need Wilson to beat the material and premium-ness of these to death.

At the same time I know this is picky, I know I may be an outlier, but I have a hard time considering a putter premium if it just has the simple chrome shaft. It's the same shaft used in a $79 Harmonized line, it has no business being in the premium Model line.

Priced at $449.99 CAD for the 8802 on golftown, yikes.

that’s more expensive than the odyssey triple track and mizuno M1’s.

really curious to see how they do here at that price point.

The in hand video from the Worst Golf Podcast might have changed my mind a little. They looked really good. I still need Wilson to beat the material and premium-ness of these to death.

At the same time I know this is picky, I know I may be an outlier, but I have a hard time considering a putter premium if it just has the simple chrome shaft. It's the same shaft used in a $79 Harmonized line, it has no business being in the premium Model line.
So SC’s aren’t premium? Nor just about every boutique putter maker on the planet? 😉🤣

So SC’s aren’t premium? Nor just about every boutique putter maker on the planet? 😉🤣
Not compared to what Toulon and Odyssey have been doing. I considered that shaft as less than premium.

Not compared to what Toulon and Odyssey have been doing. I considered that shaft as less than premium.
That’s an…interesting…take.

Even Cobra has Sik for the premium stuff. I am not going to dog them for a steel shaft because Nardi, SC, and others use them so if it works it works.

Saying that Tulon, Odyssey, Sik, LA Golf, even PXG have premium putter shafts so I get where they are coming from.

Even Cobra has Sik for the premium stuff. I am not going to dog them for a steel shaft because Nardi, SC, and others use them so if it works it works.

Saying that Tulon, Odyssey, Sik, LA Golf, even PXG have premium putter shafts so I get where they are coming from.
You do realize that the standard non upcharge SIK shaft is steel, right? The others all literally designed their own putter shaft, is that something we were expecting Wilson to do now? Especially when we were just talking about how they’ve potentially priced themselves out of a segment with a $349 putter, if you add a developed shaft after that, the price will go higher.

EDIT, and I hope this doesn’t read as harsh, I’m truly loving this convo!!!

Last edited:
You do realize that the standard non upcharge SIK shaft is steel, right? The others all literally designed their own putter shaft, is that something we were expecting Wilson to do now? Especially when we were just talking about how they’ve potentially priced themselves out of a segment with a $349 putter, if you add a developed shaft after that, the price will go higher.
Thats why I said if it works it works. That is why I feel like they are in no mans land price wise.

Back