Wilson Staff Model Collection Putters

I’m a sucker for WS gear. That 8802 is actually stunning. They all look great!!!

So SC’s aren’t premium? Nor just about every boutique putter maker on the planet? 😉🤣
The Wilson site says they use a KBS Tour 120 putter shaft.

You do realize that the standard non upcharge SIK shaft is steel, right? The others all literally designed their own putter shaft, is that something we were expecting Wilson to do now? Especially when we were just talking about how they’ve potentially priced themselves out of a segment with a $349 putter, if you add a developed shaft after that, the price will go higher.

EDIT, and I hope this doesn’t read as harsh, I’m truly loving this convo!!!
I understand how it seems crazy for me to nitpick the shaft. But a Kinetixx Tuned Red would be a step that others aren't doing. To go along with the premium material used in the head, a premium shaft would be pretty darn cool. It would add to the "why buy this putter?" question that Wilson is going to face.

I understand how it seems crazy for me to nitpick the shaft. But a Kinetixx Tuned Red would be a step that others aren't doing. To go along with the premium material used in the head, a premium shaft would be pretty darn cool. It would add to the "why buy this putter?" question that Wilson is going to face.
I am venturing a guess that at the stock level, virtually nobody considered the shaft in a putter before Stroke Lab.
Things like Kinetixx would be great, as it is a fantastic product, but you won’t find their stuff at the stock level, by design.

Somehow I feel like writing out "Wilson" on the back cheapens the appearance of these and makes them seem very Walmart given their typical position in the marketplace rather than using the shield on the back.

I am venturing a guess that at the stock level, virtually nobody considered the shaft in a putter before Stroke Lab.
Things like Kinetixx would be great, as it is a fantastic product, but you won’t find their stuff at the stock level, by design.
All of that is totally understandable. Especially on Paderson's side of it.

Maybe I just need to accept I am at the stage of Internet Golferness where I am critical of putter shafts.

Last edited:
So 304 steel is softer, but less machinable than 303. Also less expensive. Premium?

The website currently lists the 8802 as being out of stock. Not that I was interested in purchasing. I just wanted to take a look at the putters on the website after reading this thread and listening to the WGP.

The website currently lists the 8802 as being out of stock. Not that I was interested in purchasing. I just wanted to take a look at the putters on the website after reading this thread and listening to the WGP.
Looks like a bunch of them are out of stock 33" TM22, all left handed TM22, 33" MT22, all left handed BL 22, 33" BL22, and all 8802. Impressive really.

Looks like a bunch of them are out of stock 33" TM22, all left handed TM22, 33" MT22, all left handed BL 22, 33" BL22, and all 8802. Impressive really.
They aren’t shipping until November. It should say Pre-sale.

They aren’t shipping until November. It should say Pre-sale.

No, some of the models are listed pre order and you can add them to the bag. The 8802 are out of stock (according to the website)

Kevin Streelman leading using the TM22 putter!

Looks like they are trying with the marketing at least

So I love the 8802 shape and would totally buy one to just have and not use…maybe use occasionally. But their price tag is way to high. The Infinite line price point is 130, a jump to a 250 price point is more reasonable.

Will have one in hand tomorrow it looks like to begin some review work. I’m eager to see it up close.

Just read that Clay Long helped in the design of this collection. He was at MacGregor and designed the Response putter Jack used in his last Masters win .

Just read that Clay Long helped in the design of this collection. He was at MacGregor and designed the Response putter Jack used in his last Masters win .
Makes total sense for Wilson to hang their hat on innovation from 36 years ago

All four models look really sharp, but that 8802 is just beautiful in comparison to the rest.

I almost want to buy an old one just for the torture, but that’s a lot for a round or two of bad putting :(

Clay is a legend. To this day. He’s still an innovator and if you want a classic high end milled putter shape, he’s a BRILLIANT one to collab with. He shouldn’t be sold short.

And to add, Wilson is the one who should imo be shamed for not saying ANYTHING anywhere about Clay. That, is a miss.

At 65 I’m I still kick ass everyday in my work. I’m thinking Clays still very capable of making artwork in the form of a putter.

Nice write up @Jman. Really cool history with Wilson. I think these look really good and sounds like great material was used as well. Got my eye on the MT22 👀

Back