The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

I'm confused.... is LIV the same as PGL? (I thought PGL just morphed into LIV?)
From what I understand they were working together to launch this format, but LIV went rogue and stole the concept from The Premier Golf League.

Didn't feel relevant to your non-argument. Does LIV not have a host of young talent? Does DP not? Does KFT not? To you, you're only talented if you play on the WWE PGAT
What's this young talent you speak of In the LIV? Taylor Gooch? Ancer?

Gotta give it to you, you’re really trying your best to keep beating that horse.
Well, after todays comment by the OWGR org. we now know how shady LIV golf and GN tend to be, It should be pointed out why some Networks called it toxic.

You can view that 2 ways:

1. LIV golfers play, and you get all of the top 20.
2. LIV golfers don't play and his claim is invalidated.
I was specifically thinking of last year. 2023 will be interesting what happens. Specifically with The Masters and the PGA Championship.

I have little interest in dedicating time to watch LIV, but I won't argue that there is some very interesting talent there.
Also, I would like to see the statements saying that when CBS, NBC, et al, signed their TV contracts to broadcast majors, or other events, they specifically said "we choose this over LIV"
Were new contracts agreed to? If they were, I doubt the language you mentioned is in those contracts, but it definitely is implied.

Last edited:

So the MENA tour already has 54 hole events with and without a cut that get OWGR points. but somehow IWGR needs 2+ weeks to review the application. This is absurd.

So the MENA tour already has 54 hole events with and without a cut that get OWGR points. but somehow IWGR needs 2+ weeks to review the application. This is absurd.
But they have 120-man fields. And how would that work.... would those MENA tournaments when LIV golf would play be LIV-only 48-man fields? or do they mix it up with the MENA tour fields? Seems like an odd formulation that would be unlike what MENA likely got their previous OWGR status approved under, no?

This thread is hilarious.

Wait until the MENA Tour guys protest that they can’t sign up for a shot at $20M.

🤣🤣

Wait until the MENA Tour guys protest that they can’t sign up for a shot at $20M.

🤣🤣
I wonder how much Saudi money came their way for allowing LIV entry to have happened? Considering their purses, could have been all of $10k

I presume that they're among the never weres. The LIV players have to be either has beens or never weres. :ROFLMAO:

True, but what difference does it make? Both of those categories fall under the “none factor” heading used by Tempe, right?;)

I saw a question tweeted today, I am going to steal paraphrase it here, why weren't all of the OWGR questions worked out before the first LIV Tour event in London?

Probably because very few if any businesses have all the details fully worked out before start up.

Is there a setting to ignore the replies to folks who I ignore? I'm getting tired of see pics of dead horses.

I have read through a lot of threads on THP over the years, but I cannot remember one ever feeling quite like this one.:unsure:

I have read through a lot of threads on THP over the years, but I cannot remember one ever feeling quite like this one.:unsure:
It’s pretty much a slightly less hostile COVID thread.

1665098200953.gif

It’s pretty much a slightly less hostile COVID thread.

View attachment 9125554
This thread and the Convid thread are the only two threads where things got out of control and this forum turned into a normal internet forum. Which is the number 1 reason I love this place because it feels like real life and not the internet where people troll each other.

Not sure why I keep clicking on this one expecting to see actual news at this point but that is a me problem.

Okay everybody, let’s turn this back around to the topic at hand. Thanks

Back