TaylorMade Metal Woods - Morgan Cup Staff

WOW. Just WOW.
Not much else can be said.
The new clubs that everyone has received are truly awesome.
What an unbelievable job by TMaG, Callaway and THP for making this possible.

Reading all the write ups about the fitting process makes me wanna take my new SF 1.0 for a shaft fitting.
You guys are doing your sponsors proud with the vids and pics.

Hope all you boys up in Canada get your "Please do not refuse" package soon.

I'm really enjoying this thread! I love all the excitement!!!!

Esox, your video was awesome man. I love how you threw the other clubs out.

DD, Nice selections bro!

Captain Biggsy....I love the bag as it gets built up to 14

Here's a tip CG13....when you do a video about your Taylormade clubs, don't rock a Nike Polo, adidas won't be too happy with that..

A solid tip...You know what else is a solid tip? Using a video camera. :alien:

Canadian guys should get their stuff in the next couple of days.

He is gonna come through with one....I just know it

He's a like a child at the urinal...a little shy. We're working on him :alien2: We've put him through an intensive Paradisian crash course in kick-ass video making!

Canadian guys should get their stuff in the next couple of days.
They just ran out in the streets and fired off their guns hockey pucks.

He's a like a child at the urinal...a little shy. We're working on him :alien2:.

Did you just say he was ummm hung like a child? That is strange. Maybe he has made some videos and they are just not THP Family Friendly. :alien:

Back on topic to the metal woods. I see some people talking about grips. I really hope when they made the decision, they took the different weather conditions in mind. What grips work in some climates, dont work as well in others.

Esox - Love the video. It looks like you are shooting your videos on a TV set. Everything is so organized and then there is that huge fireplace in the background. Nice touch throwing the old clubs away. I'm pretty sure I would not have been able to shoot that video in 1 take without laughing.

AD - great initial write up on how you chose what you did and reporting back after your range session. It's nice to have a club in your hand and not having to worry about a 2 way miss isn't it? I have no doubt that you will be playing some very good golf come august.

DD - Nice pics! I really like the way the red grips look on those clubs. Can't wait to hear your thoughts if you are lucky enough to get out with them today.

Biggsy - come on man! What are you thinking leaving the stickers on haha I'm interested to hear how those shafts work for you. I know how much you liked what you were getting out of those PX shafts. Who knows maybe it will lower your ball flight a little more and give you even more distance. How scary is that?

Did you just say he was ummm hung like a child? That is strange. Maybe he has made some videos and they are just not THP Family Friendly. :alien:

Back on topic to the metal woods. I see some people talking about grips. I really hope when they made the decision, they took the different weather conditions in mind. What grips work in some climates, dont work as well in others.

I tried to go IOMIC for this reason alone.

Do those VDRs get a little slick with some moisture on them?

That was definitely part of my thought process, and while I knew cords may have a better reputation in humidity than a grip like the Golf Pride VDR, my artist hands said no to the cords. I will most likely hit several thousand more golf balls before the event, so the softer grips were a must. I will be prepared with a towels and a side bag pocket full of TM gloves. Researching around the Internet also tells me that many feel the VDR performs well in humidity.

Taking the R11s to a new to me golf course this afternoon. Good luck to me. While I expect a "breaking in" period, I'm also hoping maybe they come out of the box smashing the ball. Going to be all about tempo with the driver. Ironically, I hit about 40 balls with a 9* demo yesterday at Golfsmith before getting home and finding the box on the porch. When putting a nice little lag into the downswing, the ball was really jumping off the club. Here's to hoping. This course offers length options of 6,400, 6,600 and 6,800. A little range work before teeing off will determine the distance I tackle.

Kevin

Really impressive setups guys!! Thanks for sharing, I had a feeling this thread would NOT disappoint!

Out of curiosity, no one went with the Burner 2.0... Was the R11 just better for everyone, or was that the driver selected to give you?

That was definitely part of my thought process, and while I knew cords may have a better reputation in humidity than a grip like the Golf Pride VDR, my artist hands said no to the cords. I will most likely hit several thousand more golf balls before the event, so the softer grips were a must. I will be prepared with a towels and a side bag pocket full of TM gloves. Researching around the Internet also tells me that many feel the VDR performs well in humidity.

Taking the R11s to a new to me golf course this afternoon. Good luck to me. While I expect a "breaking in" period, I'm also hoping maybe they come out of the box smashing the ball. Going to be all about tempo with the driver. Ironically, I hit about 40 balls with a 9* demo yesterday at Golfsmith before getting home and finding the box on the porch. When putting a nice little lag into the downswing, the ball was really jumping off the club. Here's to hoping. This course offers length options of 6,400, 6,600 and 6,800. A little range work before teeing off will determine the distance I tackle.

Kevin
Esox, I wouldn't expect a huge spike in distance with the driver. I feel like I lost distance, but it's accuracy for me is unmatched, which will be paramount to getting around Reunion.

Really interested to see how it performs for you. Hit 'em well!

Really impressive setups guys!! Thanks for sharing, I had a feeling this thread would NOT disappoint!

Out of curiosity, no one went with the Burner 2.0... Was the R11 just better for everyone, or was that the driver selected to give you?
We had an option of either the SF 2.0 or the R11 in the driver. I know at least one of the staffers left has a SF 2.0 in his bag. I really don't want to spoil their unboxing, so I won't go into detail, it's not fair to them.

Others will have to chime in, but for me it was the graphics and adjustability that ultimately decided it for me. Both solid drivers, just one did not fit my eye.

Do those VDRs get a little slick with some moisture on them?

It could just be me, but I found them to get slick.

Im a no cord guy too, but the VDRs got slick for me in the humidity. I am apparently in the minority though.

Im a no cord guy too, but the VDRs got slick for me in the humidity. I am apparently in the minority though.

Now I am just curious....what grips are best for the heat?

We had an option of either the SF 2.0 or the R11 in the driver. I know at least one of the staffers left has a SF 2.0 in his bag. I really don't want to spoil their unboxing, so I won't go into detail, it's not fair to them.

Others will have to chime in, but for me it was the graphics and adjustability that ultimately decided it for me. Both solid drivers, just one did not fit my eye.

Fully understand, I was just really surprised that it was all R11 thus far. Especially after the experience I had.

I do hear you about the graphics, although looking down at a white driver made the graphics all but irrelevant for me haha!

Fully understand, I was just really surprised that it was all R11 thus far. Especially after the experience I had.

I do hear you about the graphics, although looking down at a white driver made the graphics all but irrelevant for me haha!
You are a better man than me. It was a like a circus was happening up and down my club. I wanted to like the SF 2.0. I gamed a SF that I just killed. I just think they went overboard with the graphics on the crown and shaft of the 2.0.

Interesting. The guys on my team who got them were raving about the VDRs. They just lacked the grip I need, but love the styling. I've found the NDMCs to hold up under every weather condition and are durable as hell.

You are a better man than me. It was a like a circus was happening up and down my club. I wanted to like the SF 2.0. I gamed a SF that I just killed. I just think they went overboard with the graphics on the crown and shaft of the 2.0.

I agree 100%, I couldnt get past the graphics. The positive was there wasnt a glare!

Out of curiosity, would you be more inclined to game the SF 2.0 with an aftermarket like a Miyazaki? I definitely didn't care for the burner sightline, but both clubs looks a bit crazy to me upon address.. Not sure one would overly affect me if the shafts were identical.

Back