News: Ben Hogan Golf Closing Doors

Goodness....you go down for a week with Covid and miss this!

Reading this really saddened me. I have been through work experiences that included layoffs and closures. It's tough for a person and their families. I have only personally met two people who worked for Hogan and they were both top notch individuals. I wish them success going forward and have little doubt they will find it.

I really wanted Hogan to keep growing. Even before I was lucky enough to be part of their experience last fall, which remains my best golf memory. Absolutely a quality product and a great, modern take on a traditional brand that both took them into the current state of technology while keeping a solid grasp on their heritage. That's not an easy act to pull off. I know I will be playing my EdgeEX irons for years to come.

I know (or assume) that the BH story is still coming, I wanted to share my currently sad news about my set.
Thanks to Ian, UPS have no clue where my set of Pro Combos & matching EQII wedges are.
They were shipped to Naples as my FL set, last scanned in Naples then everything went Pete Tong with the hurricane messing stuff up, I've had to launch a claim and investigation since they've been MIA since previous Monday (before the storm hit).
Annoyed I didn't chase this faster last week as they say it's between 5-10 days for the investigation.

I know (or assume) that the BH story is still coming, I wanted to share my currently sad news about my set.
Thanks to Ian, UPS have no clue where my set of Pro Combos & matching EQII wedges are.
They were shipped to Naples as my FL set, last scanned in Naples then everything went Pete Tong with the hurricane messing stuff up, I've had to launch a claim and investigation since they've been MIA since previous Monday (before the storm hit).
Annoyed I didn't chase this faster last week as they say it's between 5-10 days for the investigation.

Good luck i hope they find them for you.

I sold my edge ex irons. I got them for a great price and budgetgolf offered me 20 bucks less than I paid for them. :cry:

I sold my edge ex irons. I got them for a great price and budgetgolf offered me 20 bucks less than I paid for them. :cry:
I think there will be a few stories like this. I bet Budget have moved a few BH sets since the announcement.

I've been away from golf and THP for awhile and this is definitely not the news I want to return to.

Even with the added expense of paying for the use of the name (which we discussed when they opened shop) this latest version of Ben Hogan Golf seemed to be doing well. They were providing great, if very underrated, products and had a "legacy" that they were more than willing to talk about/promote.

I'm interested in hearing the full story as as well as JB's insight into what happened.

It's always sad to hear that people have lost their jobs. Especially, in the golf business. I hope that everyone landed on their feet.

You know, just when you think the Ben Hogan brand couldn’t get tarnished anymore, then you hear the story on WGP of the people in charge basically “stealing” money from loyal and passionate Hogan consumers. It kinda just stings. Just hate to see this was the final nail in the coffin.

You know, just when you think the Ben Hogan brand couldn’t get tarnished anymore, then you hear the story on WGP of the people in charge basically “stealing” money from loyal and passionate Hogan consumers. It kinda just stings. Just hate to see this was the final nail in the coffin.
I can't wait to watch the episode with all the details.

Yeah I felt bad trading in my set I got from you but not after that.

Oh man. Haven't listened yet and now wondering whether I should. I will after dinner but am not looking forward to hearing about that.

I actually get excited that maybe good news is coming every time I see this thread bumped up. Sounds like this is anything but...

I'll be catching the episode tomorrow morning. Had the GS53 driver and fairway out today and PTx Pro were on deck for next round.

I was so close to pulling the trigger on a set of Edge EX irons this summer, was just waiting until after the end of the month (July), then saw here that they shut down. I guess I'm lucky I wasn't one of those that got ripped off.

I'm still interested in those irons, maybe someday I'll find a good deal in the used market.

I would think there may be lawsuits around that. Isn’t there some buyer’s protection laws?

I would think there may be lawsuits around that. Isn’t there some buyer’s protection laws?
I believe there was a bankruptcy filed. If so, I would wonder if the paid but not delivered goods could get some form of a priority claim, but i don’t know off the top of my head. I am happy to do a bit of digging if any THPers have been impacted. However, the deadline for claims may have passed by now.

Sad this happens with a brand with Hogans name attached to it.

Scumbag move on the part of the folks running BH. Glad WGP shed some light on it.

Out, with a whimper.

Which episode was this please?

Back