JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Bursting onto the seen, Payntr Golf is considered a disrupter of sorts. While you may not have heard about them as of yet, there is no doubt you will soon. With a background in the sport of Cricket, the story goes exactly how you would expect. Frustrated by the existing options, David Paynter decided to do something about it. You have heard this before in a number of areas, but in this instance, it isn’t cliche or hyperbole. Payntr has done exactly what they set out to do, create something unique, and since coming into the golf space they have done exactly that and their sales back it up.

Continue reading...

Last edited:
I’d like to see some in-hand pics, so hopefully they send some your way. Pretty compelling backstory. I’m more interested than I expected to be at first.

• Admin
I’d like to see some in-hand pics, so hopefully they send some your way. Pretty compelling backstory. I’m more interested than I expected to be at first.
This is all part of my thought process of wanting more out of a shoe. I touched on it with my Royal Albartross Brand Story that better should exist and I am starting to see it more and more on the innovation front.

I totally agree. I'm thinking those shoes look pretty good as well. Kind of at the edge of my comfort, as I'm not really an interesting looking shoe kind of guy, yet.

I like the looks from the stock pictures. Not a bad price point considering the amount of tech and features.

I saw this brand at a golf shop on our trip to SC. Seemed well made and would have purchased a pair had they had them in my size.

God. I saw these somewhere online a few months ago and thought.....THATS A GOOD LOOKING golf shoe! L

anyways. Love the look. Quite certain I'll be owning a pair of these in '23

These look pretty dang good. The 001 are some of the most stable shoes I own.

• Admin
God. I saw these somewhere online a few months ago and thought.....THATS A GOOD LOOKING golf shoe! L

anyways. Love the look. Quite certain I'll be owning a pair of these in '23
Well not these, as these come out today 😃

I hadn't heard of these guys, before maybe a couple weeks ago. Honestly don't hate the looks.

Well not these, as these come out today 😃

sorry worded that wrong. Saw an announcement of sorts that showed a picture and something about them having new retail partners. Don't remember who it was. But, they look awesome and their athletic shoe history is really intriguing.

thanks for the write up and announcement!

They have to do something about the names. I’m on their site now and it’s just confusing.

First time hearing of them, but definitely on the radar now. Shoes look great and the story behind the tech is intriguing.

Love the white pair with the black heel. Can’t say I’ve seen this brand before but I’d give them a look if I could see them in person

The shoe looks good. It’s tough because it’s a pretty drastic change from conventional golf shoes. I would probably wait to read more reviews before I bought a pair personally.

I've seen some PAYNTR shoes in the past that piqued my interest, and these continue that trend. I like the looks, and it seems like they put a lot of thought into the design. It's great to have options!

Those look pretty nice to me. I'd def consider a pair....

Wasn’t sure what I thought when I started reading. However, I’m intrigued enough to possibly try a pair out this coming year. The no-blister heel is intriguing as well.

I thought for sure that ‘ventilated’ would also mean they wouldn’t keep out the water very well but then I kept reading. It’s great to hear you think they would be one of the most water resistant out there. That will at least allow these to be considered since I’m a ‘dew sweeper’ the majority of the time keeping my feet dry is pretty much #1 priority.

I’m interested in putting a pair on. Hopefully there will be a store near me that will carry them.

Serious question. Is the brand pronounced PAN-ter, like panther without the H, or Pain-ter, like the profession?

Wasn’t sure what I thought when I started reading. However, I’m intrigued enough to possibly try a pair out this coming year. The no-blister heel is intriguing as well.
It's a big statement, for sure.

I tend to obliterate the heel of a golf shoe. This kind of claim sort of fascinates me.

It's a big statement, for sure.

I tend to obliterate the heel of a golf shoe. This kind of claim sort of fascinates me.
Me too. Heel breakdown tends to be the reason I get new ones….

Also interested in the tongue action JB spoke of…. Nike’s are a no go for me because I can’t fit my foot into the liner/shoe…. Def something that maybe on the list for this year.

Serious question. Is the brand pronounced PAN-ter, like panther without the H, or Pain-ter, like the profession?
Painter would be pronunciation

they have a compelling message. as a guy with sweaty feet and very prone to blisters, my interest is piqued. the 003 on their site are at a reasonable price point relative to other brands.

I'm not feeling the looks of these. It'll be a long road for them to get into a segment that's dominated by FJ, Nike, Puma, etc.

Back