The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know. Just making general observations, not about anybody in particular. I do think many think of 6.0 as stiff and 5.5 as regular and that is not the case.

I was an in between speed and the 5.5 didn't work for me on the LM.

Yeah, I dont see it that way personally. I think that is one of the issues with shafts in general.
With no standard, nobody knows, but I was shocked at how few went with R flex shafts.
But its not my place, I assumed everybody was fit for their driver.

I personally wanted to go with the 5.5 but it was not an option on Callaways website. Trust me, I would get it if it was available, and if it is then I would switch it out

I personally wanted to go with the 5.5 but it was not an option on Callaways website. Trust me, I would get it if it was available, and if it is then I would switch it out

You will rock the 6.0 One-t. You have the power to rock that shaft. Great choice IMHO.

Tappin the keg!

There weren't any Miyazaki's as a choice and I was fit to two different drivers at the outing from the swings I took with you (both had the Miyazaki shafts).

I ordered exactly as my fitter recommended, heads and shafts.

Im so interested from the fitting standpoint.
I had the chance to watch many of these golfers hit on the launch monitor and range and see the shafts that gave them the best numbers and ball flight.
Now I see what they are going with and curiosity comes into play quite a bit.

DDec, I honestly didn't see much variation left to right with the tour models (except the FW) but I generally kept both on line better. He said it had to do with the club and how I come into the ball. I saw the distance gain as well.

Im not trying to start trouble anybody. Just stating my observations. I want people stepping up on the tee as confident as they have ever been.

Didnt think that at all. I'm curious to know what you think. Having someone who has seen your swing more than a few times who really knows shafts, is a great second set of eyes.

After your intervention, yeah I still wanted more information but it reminded me of how well the irons are working out. Numbers over club names and labels.

Im not trying to start trouble anybody. Just stating my observations. I want people stepping up on the tee as confident as they have ever been.

Holy crap that is funny!
But careful, I think a few THPers wear that stuff on the course...hehe
The music is perfect.

Ok now I'm pissed! It's one thing to crack jokes about what team a guy picks but to come on here and rip on my custom jean shorts and crocks is quite another!

By the way, awesome video Biggsy!

I agree with my bash bro, I think the 6.0 will suit you One-T.

Great video biggsy...I particularly liked the space age denim and the rocking golf tan.

As for driver shafts, I was fit for and am currently playing an R flex Attas. As this shaft was not available to us for the MC, I opted for a S flex in another shaft because while I can control the R flex Attas, I had a very difficult time controlling the R flex in my shaft of choice for the MC. The S flex may launch a little lower, yes, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice to hit it straighter.

It's easy to second guess equipment choices and I'm as guilty as anyone, but at the end of the day we'll all be receiving top of the line equipment from two great companies and when all is said and done, it's much more the archer than the bow anyway (in my opinion at least).

Great post dude.

Great video biggsy...I particularly liked the space age denim and the rocking golf tan.

As for driver shafts, I was fit for and am currently playing an R flex Attas. As this shaft was not available to us for the MC, I opted for a S flex in another shaft because while I can control the R flex Attas, I had a very difficult time controlling the R flex in my shaft of choice for the MC. The S flex may launch a little lower, yes, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice to hit it straighter.

It's easy to second guess equipment choices and I'm as guilty as anyone, but at the end of the day we'll all be receiving top of the line equipment from two great companies and when all is said and done, it's much more the archer than the bow anyway (in my opinion at least).

Well said AHA!

I want to make a post and thank those that have taken the time recently to make a few videos, post pictures, and generally have some fun with it and enjoy the experience.
Gathering excitement about this great event is what it is and should be about.
Its not about pressure to do something.
Its not about putting ones head down and charging to victory in August.
Its not about being talked into something.
Its not about free equipment.
Its about an experience that few others will ever get a chance to be involved in.

There are differing opinions on what the Morgan Cup is for individuals and those are their thoughts. At the end of the day, it is about THP, Callaway, TaylorMade and a few lucky golfers getting the chance of a lifetime.

We hope more of the participants start to get involved in something that is fun and unique and share their personalities with the world.

I want to make a post and thank those that have taken the time recently to make a few videos, post pictures, and generally have some fun with it and enjoy the experience.
Its about an experience that few others will ever get a chance to be involved in.

There are differing opinions on what the Morgan Cup is for individuals and those are their thoughts. At the end of the day, it is about THP, Callaway, TaylorMade and a few lucky golfers getting the chance of a lifetime.

We hope more of the participants start to get involved in something that is fun and unique and share their personalities with the world.

Well Said JB, very well said

There are differing opinions on what the Morgan Cup is for individuals and those are their thoughts. At the end of the day, it is about THP, Callaway, TaylorMade and a few lucky golfers getting the chance of a lifetime. We hope more of the participants start to get involved in something that is fun and unique and share their personalities with the world.

Absolutely JB, and I hope the players in TMC realize just how jealous the rest of us are that they get to have this experience. We will all be living vicariously through you guys, so keep the videos coming, and have some fun!

Well said AHA (a bit earlier) and JB. The Morgan Cup is indeed a great opportunity for us lucky golfers to experience something we have only wished we could. I'm still in awe every time I think about it.

I want to add one thing to this.
I am not telling people or even asking people to make videos.
Videos are not the only way to let one's personality come out.
It can be through posting on the forums in different threads.
Pictures.
Discussing one's game throughout.
Helping people with questions.
Sharing about the MC on social media.
And even videos.

Its about letting those not as fortunate with this event, learn things about those that are.

There is an echo in here, well said. It's a real honor and thrill to be a part of this great experience!

The people ask for it so here it is. Maybe more later.

I think I am delirious and dizzy.
I felt like I was in one of those video games from the 80s where you just walk in a maze.
Its also very loud in there.

Can't wait to see what OEM brought! REAL DEAL

Cool video Kevin. Wow, that room was loud, never seen anything like that. I don't any companies in my area would need that kind of hardware.

Glad to have you back! Glad the thumb is healed.

The people ask for it so here it is. Maybe more later.

The guy you walked up on thinks you are freaking crazy right now! That was awesome!

I almost got sick watching it haha. Hopefully they'll get better.

Tapatalk: better on the iPad

Wow, I thought our server room was big. Dang dude!

Glad to see you're alive bud, but get a damn hair cut you nappy headed side so freak of nature! Haha, I kid man, I just can't lose the only other bald headed Morgan Cupper even if you're on the other team! Nice video.

nice video OEM, that guy was like WTF lol, felt like i was watching first 48 missing persons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back