The hardest part of getting new irons...

morekimchi

Reaction score
Handicap
Is that first dent/scratch/blemish. First range session with my new i15s and I must've clanged my 6 iron in the bag. Tiny dent right into a groove. So sad. Need to get them on the course and get that dent some company.

Love the clubs though. Not the newest clubs on the market, but they're new to my bag! Straight, consistent flight. Got KBS Tour shafts, stiff/soft-stepped, D2 swingweight. Yes!

Nice clubs, congrats. Let us know how they do after your first round with em

I've had my :mizuno: 63s for like 4 months and they have bag chatter and nicks.....Oh well, that's what I get for using chrome irons

I really want to get iron covers but I have relentlessly mocked my father for his that i would neve be able to live it down if I got them.

Tap tap taparoo

Is that first dent/scratch/blemish. First range session with my new i15s and I must've clanged my 6 iron in the bag. Tiny dent right into a groove. So sad. Need to get them on the course and get that dent some company.

Love the clubs though. Not the newest clubs on the market, but they're new to my bag! Straight, consistent flight. Got KBS Tour shafts, stiff/soft-stepped, D2 swingweight. Yes!

Sounds like a nice set of clubs, hope they treat you well.

That mark could have come from a little rock you couldn't see from hitting a shot, especially on the face. No iron cover could stop that.

Please don't get iron covers. Please...

No iron covers.. Those i15s are really nice for sure though

Tap tap taparoo

Before I was able to even use my new irons once, i had my bag standing in my driveway and it fell over right on to my PW. Picked up the bag to find the outer top of the club had the finish scratched off of it. Get some iron covers.

Tap tap taparoo

Before I was able to even use my new irons once, i had my bag standing in my driveway and it fell over right on to my PW. Picked up the bag to find the outer top of the club had the finish scratched off of it. Get some iron covers.

Tap tap taparoo

I would have smashed my head if I did that:banghead: I always use covers....

I would have smashed my head if I did that:banghead: I always use covers....

I had my previous clubs for 10 years and never did that once. It happened while I was waiting for my father to show up because he was late. Man did he get an earful when he showed up..lol

Tap tap taparoo

I have a feeling I'm gonna use iron covers when I see these Burner 2.0 irons.

Tappin' away from my DROIDX.

They're tools. With new clubs, I try to hit a couple rocks early to get it out of the way.

Kevin

IMO it is another reason to play forged, send them off every two years for rechroming and on the last go around they also certified and regrooved my Titliest 695CBs - some will also fix cast heads. The only other option is to keep a old club in the bag for rocky or unkept course which I have done from time to time.

I agree to no head covers for irons but will wrap a long towel around sections of clubs when riding a cart (usualy walk and hold a hnd over my irons) - remember also a "player" has some non perfect looking stuff in his or her bag in my opinion!

IMO it is another reason to play forged, send them off every two years for rechroming and on the last go around they also certified and regrooved my Titliest 695CBs - some will also fix cast heads. The only other option is to keep a old club in the bag for rocky or unkept course which I have done from time to time.

I agree to no head covers for irons but will wrap a long towel around sections of clubs when riding a cart (usualy walk and hold a hnd over my irons) - remember also a "player" has some non perfect looking stuff in his or her bag in my opinion!

I agree a little banged up looks good and not like the kid first day of school with the super white sneakers. Had to get some dirt on them fast.

No iron covers they for one look a bit silly and two just slow the play as well. putting on a cover after every shot takes more time.

Character and love marks on your irons show well!

Back