TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

Great stuff guys. Be sure to keep us updated with your thoughts! Glad you guys are liking the club.

Well, i played 9 holes earlier and i must say, the rescue was excellent. Did exactly what i wanted it to. I fluffed a drive into the rough and trees and played a 180 yard shot bent around the trees onto the green, the connection with the ball felt so smooth and clean, got nice height and distance and also it made a nice noise on contact :D

Very happy with my purchase :)

Well, i played 9 holes earlier and i must say, the rescue was excellent. Did exactly what i wanted it to. I fluffed a drive into the rough and trees and played a 180 yard shot bent around the trees onto the green, the connection with the ball felt so smooth and clean, got nice height and distance and also it made a nice noise on contact :D

Very happy with my purchase :)

Great stuff. I too love the sound it makes when you make good contact.

Great write up 9i :D

American Golf have just reduced these to £129. I can see my willpower fading fast, would have to get rid of my M3 though

Decisions, decisions

American Golf have just reduced these to £129. I can see my willpower fading fast, would have to get rid of my M3 though

Decisions, decisions

Thanks Mike. Both are solid clubs. My experience with the Mashie is limited, but it is a solid club. You could have yourself a little hybrid war!

Nice review 9-Iron. One easy way to get around blurry pics is to hold the camera further away. You're too close to the object, your camera cannot focus in. If you hold it a good 12 inches back the photo may be smaller but it will be in focus. Most camera phones are high in resolution so you can always zoom in for a clear view.

Thanks Mike. Both are solid clubs. My experience with the Mashie is limited, but it is a solid club. You could have yourself a little hybrid war!

Sadly it will be one or the other. As much as I love my Mashie I can't help but feel the Rescue 11 will be better for me due to the adjustability aspect of it

Real thorough write-up 9I! I really liked all of the pictures you added to it as well.

Sadly it will be one or the other. As much as I love my Mashie I can't help but feel the Rescue 11 will be better for me due to the adjustability aspect of it

The adjustability does give you a lot more options. The Mashie is far more forgiving than the Rescue. It boils down to what suits you best. Try it out and if it works better for you, I think you'll have your answer.

Real thorough write-up 9I! I really liked all of the pictures you added to it as well.

Thanks biggsy. Most of the pics were from my initial write-up 3 months ago. Back when it had that new club smell! She's got a few miles on her now... :D

Decisions, decisions

I got mine from american golf for £109 :) knowing people at the local store helps :)

Great write up 9I! I couldn't have said it better myself. I totally agree that it needs a nice smooth swing. And toe shots are definitely more forgiving than heel shots. Great job on your review!!

Wow. One of the best write ups 9i I've read! Made me want to give the Rescue another try in my hunt for another hybrid lol :p

Tappin' for world peace!

Great review 9i, I must agree with you that this club works best with a smooth tempo, not a "grip it and rip it" swing

Had a interesting round today, played great on the front 9 with a 38, used the rescue11 one time since i was in the fairway the entire front side, par 5 sitting in the middle of the fairway i had 205 left and hit a awesome shot with the rescue11 to a tucked back pin, it was a low/mid trajectory draw that landed front green and rolled up to inside 10feet from the flag, missed the eagle putt but made birdie. this is where it all went down hill, on the 10th tee box we got behind a 4some of older guys playing from the blues which is our farthest tees, they didnt let us play through the entire back side, we were waiting for them on every single shot, it was just me and my dad, took 2.5 hours for the back 9 and only 1.5 for the front, to say we were upset and angry would be a understatment, anyhow couldnt get focused and kept hooking my tee shots and rescue11 on the back and ended up with a 51, ya thats right, 38/51, just horrible

Had a interesting round today, played great on the front 9 with a 38, used the rescue11 one time since i was in the fairway the entire front side, par 5 sitting in the middle of the fairway i had 205 left and hit a awesome shot with the rescue11 to a tucked back pin, it was a low/mid trajectory draw that landed front green and rolled up to inside 10feet from the flag, missed the eagle putt but made birdie. this is where it all went down hill, on the 10th tee box we got behind a 4some of older guys playing from the blues which is our farthest tees, they didnt let us play through the entire back side, we were waiting for them on every single shot, it was just me and my dad, took 2.5 hours for the back 9 and only 1.5 for the front, to say we were upset and angry would be a understatment, anyhow couldnt get focused and kept hooking my tee shots and rescue11 on the back and ended up with a 51, ya thats right, 38/51, just horrible

Ouch.. Don't you just hate when things like that happen? People tell me not to bother about things like that. But if I lose tempo I also lose focus on the course. Waiting is a killer for my game.

Tappin' for world peace!

Ouch.. Don't you just hate when things like that happen? People tell me not to bother about things like that. But if I lose tempo I also lose focus on the course. Waiting is a killer for my game.

Tappin' for world peace!

Same here, if im stuck behind slow players that dont let me play through i can say bye bye to that round, i just cant deal with it, gets me so mad and out of focus and i just hit horrible shots when im like that

Same here, if im stuck behind slow players that dont let me play through i can say bye bye to that round, i just cant deal with it, gets me so mad and out of focus and i just hit horrible shots when im like that

I am the same way! I was playing earlier this week by myself, riding in a cart which I usually don't do because I like to walk but my wife was with me so she wanted to ride in the cart and watch...anyway...I caught up to the group in front of me on my third hole, it was a threesome in carts, but they were all sh*nkers. I was waiting about 5 minutes on every shot, and I would even pull up to the tee box as they were still hitting their shots, and they still wouldn't let me play through! What ticked me off the most is that one of the guys was a middle-aged guy who I have played with before and he is always so anal about rules and etiquette and here he is holding me up! I was so angry! I always lose my focus when I have to wait on people like that and they don't let you play through. Finally with 3 holes to go he actually asked if I wanted to join them, so I did and I kicked their butts on the last few holes. That made me feel a little better but I just hate when people don't let you play through, especially when you are playing by yourself and there is a 3 or 4some in front of you. grrrr!!

I am the same way! I was playing earlier this week by myself, riding in a cart which I usually don't do because I like to walk but my wife was with me so she wanted to ride in the cart and watch...anyway...I caught up to the group in front of me on my third hole, it was a threesome in carts, but they were all sh*nkers. I was waiting about 5 minutes on every shot, and I would even pull up to the tee box as they were still hitting their shots, and they still wouldn't let me play through! What ticked me off the most is that one of the guys was a middle-aged guy who I have played with before and he is always so anal about rules and etiquette and here he is holding me up! I was so angry! I always lose my focus when I have to wait on people like that and they don't let you play through. Finally with 3 holes to go he actually asked if I wanted to join them, so I did and I kicked their butts on the last few holes. That made me feel a little better but I just hate when people don't let you play through, especially when you are playing by yourself and there is a 3 or 4some in front of you. grrrr!!

I know its so frustrating, it really does kill my round, anybody who says golf isnt mental is mental themselves lol

Played a 9 hole par 3 course with my Dad yesterday (Sunday). Some good, mixed in with some bad. First the important stuff. Only hit the Rescue once and man, what a shot! #5 is 181 on the card and was 184 to the pin (thanks to my new Bushnell Hybrid!) was seriously debating not playing the Rescue but I'm so glad I did. I hit it perfectly or dang near. Ball came up about a yard short and about 4 yards right of the pin. It was just a great looking shot. I swung pretty easy and was greatly rewarded. Didn't give my birdy putt enough gas up the hill, but I made the par.

Ended up making par on 3 of the 9 holes but I also put up 3 snowmen too and finished with a 51. Not my best showing on this course, but definately not my worst either. 3 pars and a total of 18 putts, I'm good. It was a really slow round. We waited on the first tee for about 10 minutes while the group ahead of us hacked their way up. They hadn't even finished teeing off on 2 but the time we finished 1 so we skipped 2 and went straight to 3 thinking we'd get ahead of the crowd. Finished 3 with a par and then had to wait another 10 minutes on the 4th tee. This was the short for the rest of our day. No one was on 1 when we finished 9 so we went back and played 2 to finish our round. Made par on 2 as well. So all in all, we ended up waiting probably close to an hour in total over 9 holes. It was still a fun time and with a little more work on my game I can get rid of those 8s that plague me. But 3 pars, I'll take!!

Played a 9 hole par 3 course with my Dad yesterday (Sunday). Some good, mixed in with some bad. First the important stuff. Only hit the Rescue once and man, what a shot! #5 is 181 on the card and was 184 to the pin (thanks to my new Bushnell Hybrid!) was seriously debating not playing the Rescue but I'm so glad I did. I hit it perfectly or dang near. Ball came up about a yard short and about 4 yards right of the pin. It was just a great looking shot. I swung pretty easy and was greatly rewarded. Didn't give my birdy putt enough gas up the hill, but I made the par.

Ended up making par on 3 of the 9 holes but I also put up 3 snowmen too and finished with a 51. Not my best showing on this course, but definately not my worst either. 3 pars and a total of 18 putts, I'm good. It was a really slow round. We waited on the first tee for about 10 minutes while the group ahead of us hacked their way up. They hadn't even finished teeing off on 2 but the time we finished 1 so we skipped 2 and went straight to 3 thinking we'd get ahead of the crowd. Finished 3 with a par and then had to wait another 10 minutes on the 4th tee. This was the short for the rest of our day. No one was on 1 when we finished 9 so we went back and played 2 to finish our round. Made par on 2 as well. So all in all, we ended up waiting probably close to an hour in total over 9 holes. It was still a fun time and with a little more work on my game I can get rid of those 8s that plague me. But 3 pars, I'll take!!

Congrats on the three pars, the great Rescue 11 shot, and managing to enjoy yourself while dealing with slow play. Cheers!!

great shooting 9I, slow play is a killer. I played 18 today and ended up with a 82, 41/41, hit the rescue11 great today, irons were iffy though again, I hit a monster on 9 with the Rescue11 which is a par 5, my driver left me in the middle of the fairway with 215 left to the green and i hit the Rescue11 perfect and actually flew the green by about 10 yards lol, that was my fault not the clubs, the club did exactly what i wanted.

Back