Third Round at GolfTec

TrueFX

Reaction score
Handicap
As some of you may know, I have had 2 GolfTec experiences with my local GolfTec, none of which were impressive.

GolfTec has since contacted me and asked if there was anything they could do to make up for my bad experience.

It just happened that I was going to Denver (GT HQ) for a golf trip. The GolfTec rep that contacted me went out of her way to schedule me for a fitting.

I was able to get in with a gentleman by the name of Troy last Saturday.

The fitting was amazing. Troy took the time to ask questions about why I was looking for a fitting and what I hoped to get out of it. He then introduced me to the technology and equipment that we would be using. I don't know if all GolfTecs have the same fitting equipment, but this one had everything you could imagine.

The fitter took my measurements examined my current gear and plugged everything into the computer.

From there we started to hit balls with my equipment to get a baseline.

Once we had the baseline done, he asked me what lines / products I was interested in. I gave him two and he made a third suggestion.

The process and feedback was great. The software compared my current stats with those of the clubs that I demoed. The printout was exactly what I was looking for. I'm a very technical person and being able to look at the results and data side by side for every club was invaluable to me.

My experience with GolfTec in Denver went well above that of the 2 I had locally. I am now a believer in the GolfTec fitting process.

GolfTec, thank you for setting things right. This is clearly a company concerned with its product.

i guess it all depends on the location you go to. I, like you, have not ben too impressed with the Golf Tec locations I visited in the past. I hear great things from people here about their experiences and hope that it is just a personnel issue at certain locations.

I have read both good and bad experiences on here about GolfTec. I think the good experiences far outweigh the bad and it seems if someone has a bad experience GolfTec goes the extra mile trying to keep the customer happy, you really cannot ask more than that. If I lived closer than a 2 hour drive to the nearest GT I would give them a try, I know much of the experience depends on the person doing the fitting and if the chemistry is wrong I would not hesitate to ask for someone different, after all it is my money and I should be happy. I am glad that GT has made you change your opinion about them and I wish you the best in getting the correct sticks in your bag.

I think they do as well.The guys in Tampa/Lutz Florida are all awesome . The 3 of them go above and beyond. Glad Golfteccame through for you.

Glad they took care of you, I know you had some real issues with the first two trips.

truely seems to be hit and miss with Golftec, or maybe just certain locations

Seems like a lot of money for hit and miss to me.

WR...my buddy teaches at a Golftec in your area. I f Ican get his location, would you be willing to go by and see him. I will explain your situation and see if he could help out. Let me know...

i guess it all depends on the location you go to. I, like you, have not ben too impressed with the Golf Tec locations I visited in the past. I hear great things from people here about their experiences and hope that it is just a personnel issue at certain locations.

I will be going to GolfTec for a swing evaluation on Saturday, and I'll post my review here.

I have had lessons my entire life, some from Golf Digest Top 100 Instructors (See Mike & Sandy Labauve, Don Hurter) and also from Ex-PGA Tour pro Scott Watkins and Ex-LPGA Tour pro Penny Pulz. Scott Watkins was my instructor for about 8 months, Penny Pulz for almost 3years. So I think I'll have a good understanding of what goes into a lesson and a swing evaluation.

@TrueFX, It's really good to see how far a company like GolfTec will go to make sure a customer is happy. Glad your mind has changed since your initial lesson/fitting! Shows that they're concerned with their company's image

I have read both good and bad experiences on here about GolfTec. I think the good experiences far outweigh the bad and it seems if someone has a bad experience GolfTec goes the extra mile trying to keep the customer happy, you really cannot ask more than that. If I lived closer than a 2 hour drive to the nearest GT I would give them a try, I know much of the experience depends on the person doing the fitting and if the chemistry is wrong I would not hesitate to ask for someone different, after all it is my money and I should be happy. I am glad that GT has made you change your opinion about them and I wish you the best in getting the correct sticks in your bag.

Totally agree DD, I guess hopefully what GolfTec will learn is to tighten up their franchisee training and standards to make sure the experience doesnt vary so much from location to location from tech to tech. I assume that is already one of GolfTec's main goals, but if they can make some real headway their in the coming years they would be in a wonderful position.

As some of you may know, I have had 2 GolfTec experiences with my local GolfTec, none of which were impressive.

GolfTec has since contacted me and asked if there was anything they could do to make up for my bad experience.

It just happened that I was going to Denver (GT HQ) for a golf trip. The GolfTec rep that contacted me went out of her way to schedule me for a fitting.

I was able to get in with a gentleman by the name of Troy last Saturday.

The fitting was amazing. Troy took the time to ask questions about why I was looking for a fitting and what I hoped to get out of it. He then introduced me to the technology and equipment that we would be using. I don't know if all GolfTecs have the same fitting equipment, but this one had everything you could imagine.

The fitter took my measurements examined my current gear and plugged everything into the computer.

From there we started to hit balls with my equipment to get a baseline.

Once we had the baseline done, he asked me what lines / products I was interested in. I gave him two and he made a third suggestion.

The process and feedback was great. The software compared my current stats with those of the clubs that I demoed. The printout was exactly what I was looking for. I'm a very technical person and being able to look at the results and data side by side for every club was invaluable to me.

My experience with GolfTec in Denver went well above that of the 2 I had locally. I am now a believer in the GolfTec fitting process.

GolfTec, thank you for setting things right. This is clearly a company concerned with its product.

TrueFX, where in denver did you end up? I've got my "free 30 minute swing evaluation" Saturday morning but its out in Westminster. Just want to know where I could possibly take my business should I have a good experience?

Thanks.

It's true but sad. My 30 min free session was very awesome and I could see why people would want more of it.

TrueFX, where in denver did you end up? I've got my "free 30 minute swing evaluation" Saturday morning but its out in Westminster. Just want to know where I could possibly take my business should I have a good experience?

Thanks.

I went to the Denver Tech Center location.

I hope you enjoy your experience.

Back