UST Mamiya RECOIL DART Shafts

These arrived. Looking forward to trying these out soon. Thanks for your help, @templeton80

View attachment 9151876

Are these going into your Paradym heads?
I'm going to have so much fun reading and talking about your setup this year. I feel like we're both really close on whats in the bag. Ventus reds, MMTs, and now these darts. :love:

Are these going into your Paradym heads?
I'm going to have so much fun reading and talking about your setup this year. I feel like we're both really close on whats in the bag. Ventus reds, MMTs, and now these darts. :love:
Hey man. That's the plan. However, I have the MMTS in the Paradyms on the way and really want to stay there for a bit. Then try the DARTS . I am all over your setup as well. 2023 is going to be a great year pal.

After another round with these today, I’m so in love with the 105F4. With the swing changes from the coach and these shafts my irons are getting so much better. Never have I ever had an iron shaft where I feel a 4i head load and I’m hitting my long irons sooooo much better. A lot to attribute to the shaft. 🔥

SO i played yesterday afternoon with he F4105's in my Gen 3's and OMG i love these more and more each time i play. I hit a couple of snappers but that was me trying to jump on it into the wind, but i got a say, i it some really really good iron shots for the most of the day. Mtg driver as of late was suspect but we had about 10 mph winds constant and gusting a bit at times. I could point and shoot and my swing was pretty fluid most of the afternoon. If i wanted a bit of a draw, it was there. I was most proud of the fact that i am zeroing in on distance and what i can do with the irons. I mean it's only the second round with the recoil dart 105's but still 157 to an elevated green uphill and i hit a smooth 7 that dropped within 6 feet of the pin on 16....so nice. There are 2 par holes that i generally hit a 5 wood depending on the winds off the tee, due to a forced carry over water to a landing area, then over water again on one of them, I hit 4 iron both times and it felt great.
Have a tournament, modified Alt shot this afternoon, hopefully good things coming

Last edited:
Ordered a F4 105 yesterday for a project build. Really excited to see how this shaft works out.

If these were something I could order on Amazon and return if needed, I would already have some. I just need to hold out until I get to a fitting place that has them. I think the F3 90 are going to be perfect for me.

@JB Ping Eye2 1-iron. Been using it as a driving iron lately but really did not like how the original zz-lite shaft felt. With the dart releasing in a 105 g that gets it’s pretty close to original shaft weight.

130 out from way uphill. Soft little pw

#DART
4C61AF73-D18A-44CA-B343-DAEEC04C8383.jpeg

@JB Ping Eye2 1-iron. Been using it as a driving iron lately but really did not like how the original zz-lite shaft felt. With the dart releasing in a 105 g that gets it’s pretty close to original shaft weight.
If you get a chance, check out any very recent release 3 -4iron heads. You will find so much more in terms of forgiveness and feel for very little investment.

If you get a chance, check out any very recent release 3 -4iron heads. You will find so much more in terms of forgiveness and feel for very little investment.
That is definitely on the list for replacement. Driver and wedges are in line ahead of it though.

Ended up playing in some silly wind and sprinkles to light rain yesterday in a 2 man Modified Alt shot. My partner decided that he really liked the look of my new shafts and the way i hit every par 3 middle of the green, really that was my target. I even hit so really good long iron shots and my Edison wedges with dart shafts were spinning and stopping quite well from 75 -95 yards. I , of course, hat couple of loose shots. I fatted a 4 iron where my partner was already in the fairway off the tee, and i bladed a 49 degree over the 10th green. I hit a really good 205 4 iron on the next hole and the bladed wedge was all me, but i got a lot of distance e out of it.....:LOL:

oh yeah, we were 4th place

110 proto F5 my dude

admittedly i didn't exhaustively search this thread or the forum, but am i understanding correctly that recoil proto is no longer in production? https://www.ustmamiya.com/golf-shafts/brands/recoil/ the bottom of that page makes it look like all protos are discontinued.

for those who played proto and are now playing dart, are they similar? i do like my regular recoil 95 f4 quite a bit, but i'd like to try something a little more stable.

admittedly i didn't exhaustively search this thread or the forum, but am i understanding correctly that recoil proto is no longer in production? https://www.ustmamiya.com/golf-shafts/brands/recoil/ the bottom of that page makes it look like all protos are discontinued.

for those who played proto and are now playing dart, are they similar? i do like my regular recoil 95 f4 quite a bit, but i'd like to try something a little more stable.
Never played the proto but I believe you are correct. @DannyLe mifht be a better person to confirm or deny that.

Are you me?
Haha, I just have such confidence in my iron game (that I have never been overly confident of) - despite not having the 'game' for them. They really inspire confidence - I have currently have recoils in mine and they are great, if the DARTs are better - then why not - but to be honest, owning the silver 225s I can't see replacing them (shafts...could be though).

I230’s with recoil dart 105’s are getting some sim golf in this afternoon. Really can’t wait to hit these off grass but beggars can’t be choosers and this the best it gets up here for at least 2 1/2 - 3 more months.

Recoil came in from Golf Works. Cut on the but end looks funny. Pictures below. Is this something I should call them about? Nothing to worry about?

IMG_4725.jpg IMG_4724.jpg

Performance wise it shouldn't be a problem, but I'd want a replacement because that looks like arse.
The rest will look exactly the same, just as majority of graphite shafts.

Back