UST Mamiya RECOIL DART Shafts

Hi Everyone,
I would like reshaft my Nippon Modus 105 stiff irons (JPX 919 HM) to graphite shafts due to elbow tendonitis. I'm happy with my ball flight, swingweight (D3).
I am considering the Recoil 95, Recoil DART 90 & 105 and was wondering what you would recommend. I wouldn't mind going to a slightly lighter shaft as long as the swingweight doesn't become too light.
I know I can add some tip weight (lead powder & cork) if needed, but I'd rather not.
Specific questions:
What's the balance point of the Dart shafts? Are they lower balance points compared to my Modus 105's?
I know the Recoil 95 is lower than the Modus 105 so the swingweight should be similar since it's ~10g lighter
How do the bend profiles/stiffness/ball flights compare? I'm assuming I'd still be a Stiff/F4.
Are the new Darts noticeably better/different than the Recoil 95's?

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,
I would like reshaft my Nippon Modus 105 stiff irons (JPX 919 HM) to graphite shafts due to elbow tendonitis. I'm happy with my ball flight, swingweight (D3).
I am considering the Recoil 95, Recoil DART 90 & 105 and was wondering what you would recommend. I wouldn't mind going to a slightly lighter shaft as long as the swingweight doesn't become too light.
I know I can add some tip weight (lead powder & cork) if needed, but I'd rather not.
Specific questions:
What's the balance point of the Dart shafts? Are they lower balance points compared to my Modus 105's?
I know the Recoil 95 is lower than the Modus 105 so the swingweight should be similar since it's ~10g lighter
How do the bend profiles/stiffness/ball flights compare? I'm assuming I'd still be a Stiff/F4.
Are the new Darts noticeably better/different than the Recoil 95's?

Thanks in Advance.
If you’re looking to avoid adding weight you’ll be in the high C’s of SW or low D’s at the heaviest from my experience with them.

For those that went 105 do you think you could go 90 with no problems?

I hit the Zrixon ZX4 and ZX5 today and the only one they had at the store was Dart 65 F3. They felt good, but the guy helping me thought the 75 F4 would be good for me but they didn’t have one to try.

I hit the Zrixon ZX4 and ZX5 today and the only one they had at the store was Dart 65 F3. They felt good, but the guy helping me thought the 75 F4 would be good for me but they didn’t have one to try.
Tested those at a local shop that had the 90/105 options and they felt tremendous.

Tested those at a local shop that had the 90/105 options and they felt tremendous.
I assumed I would want the 90 F3 that I had hit before, but the 65 felt good enough for me to think 75 will be better. Heck, I might just get the 65 someday instead of 75/90

I wonder how stable the 75 F4 will be. Coming from a Recoil 95 and dropping to the 75 makes me have questions.

My issue with the 65/75 weights is that they aren't constant weight.
End up with no feel in the shorter clubs.
That's why I want to try the 90 in f3. Should be right up my alley.

My issue with the 65/75 weights is that they aren't constant weight.
End up with no feel in the shorter clubs.
That's why I want to try the 90 in f3. Should be right up my alley.
Have you thought of moving into heavier weights as you progress downwards in the set?

Have you thought of moving into heavier weights as you progress downwards in the set?
Yes, that's been a consideration.
I'm kind of "Feel Sensitive" I think, and the CW's are taper, vs. Parallel in the others. I may not notice the difference.
I have looked at Mitsubishi's AMT Tensei line, but they want $90+ per shaft.... LOL too much!

I can’t figure out how to work Instagram so here’s YouTube version

Well round one in the books with these.
All I can say is wow. Just an incredible feeling shaft. Perfect weight for me, great balance.

I started hitting high straight, and I hate to say it, but darts. My dispersion pattern tightened up considerably. This felt like a great progression from 85R mmt’s, to these in 90S.

and putting 2 in my wedges, 105S softstepped 2x is just unbelievable. They feel so perfect, and I was hitting amazing wedge shots today.

Overall I’m enamored with this shaft right now. Paradym + Darts = fun

Well round one in the books with these.
All I can say is wow. Just an incredible feeling shaft. Perfect weight for me, great balance.

I started hitting high straight, and I hate to say it, but darts. My dispersion pattern tightened up considerably. This felt like a great progression from 85R mmt’s, to these in 90S.

and putting 2 in my wedges, 105S softstepped 2x is just unbelievable. They feel so perfect, and I was hitting amazing wedge shots today.

Overall I’m enamored with this shaft right now. Paradym + Darts = fun
Love to hear this dude! The carry from you in May is going to be REAL lol

My first time using them is this Saturday. Off mats so I won't have full feel, but I'm excited!

Love to hear this dude! The carry from you in May is going to be REAL lol

My first time using them is this Saturday. Off mats so I won't have full feel, but I'm excited!

it took me a bit to get used to the flight and feel with my Paradym irons and these shafts, but once I did, I was lights out.

it took me a bit to get used to the flight and feel with my Paradym irons and these shafts, but once I did, I was lights out.
What weight did you go with? Also what was the issue with the flight and feel to get used to?

What weight did you go with? Also what was the issue with the flight and feel to get used to?

I’ve been playing regular flex and standard length since last summer. So stiffness was new to me. Similar weight coming from my MMT 85r, but I also built these to 1/2” long. So there were a lot of changes to get used to that were not all shaft related. But I quickly got a feel for it.

I hit the 75 F4 today in some srixon Zx4 and they were giving me great feel and performance. We compared to the 65 F3 and those weren’t as good for me.

I have only got to hit my 105’s twice on the sim but really liked them but part of me does wish I dropped down to the 90’s. Maybe next year

Last edited:
Its been a minute but was reminded today how awesome these shafts are and I love the 105g weight.

Its been a minute but was reminded today how awesome these shafts are and I love the 105g weight.
Are you going to install them in your 2023 Morgan Cup set?

Are you going to install them in your 2023 Morgan Cup set?
Most likely they will be installed at some point

Finally got to get some swings in with these in my TCBs.

First impressions that they feel stouter than my MMT 95s but much smoother. I was getting almost a full club longer on good strikes. Im not going to think too much about that since I don’t trust these sim numbers at all. I more went to get a feel and to test how my elbow would feel.

I also can’t stand hitting off the mat/turf they have. Overall a good strike made the club feel more dense. I just want to get these outside to actually see what happens. I felt more confident with feel through the swing so I’m even more excited about them than I already was!

Back