Off Course: Pace of Play, Tiger and More

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show and this is episode 153. Hosted by Dan Edwards, each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today, THP Staff Writer Dean DeCrescenzo joins the show and they discuss Tiger’s latest procedure.

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but Dan and Dean talk about pace of play at the tour level. This show has a lot going on and is one you will not want to miss as the Dean of THP goes Off Course.

Episode 153 is here and Dan and Dean discuss the following topics.

Playing Golf in Any Weather
Pace of Play on Tour
The Endless Ball Hunter
The Bag Boy ZTF
Tiger’s Future Outlook
And so much more

You can listen to the show right here, Apple Podcasts or anywhere you do your listening and downloading from. Search for the Hackers Paradise and make sure to subscribe so you never miss an episode. After listening, come back over and drop us a note below on what you agree and/or disagree with from the episode. If you get a chance, drop us a review wherever you listen from and let others know what you think of the show and/or channel.

Untitled-design-27-1024x692.png

Continue reading...

Downloaded!

Love the thoughts on the ZTF.
Its something I never really thought of, but how easy is it to keep the **** all out of it, by just unzipping a pocket and cleaning it out.
And I totally agree with @Canadan on the additional pockets in colors. As a Pearl user, send a couple of Moss and have a green and white option. #MiBagBoy

Love the thoughts on the ZTF.
Its something I never really thought of, but how easy is it to keep the **** all out of it, by just unzipping a pocket and cleaning it out.
And I totally agree with @Canadan on the additional pockets in colors. As a Pearl user, send a couple of Moss and have a green and white option. #MiBagBoy
They may as well take advantage of our laziness hahaha

Also, #YourColorway

Again, great episode @Canadan and @ddec

You did it on Wednesday night and talked about the weather, at the same time I was going through mid 30s, windy and drizzle - having a great time in a bad time. It got so cold though it was getting hard to hold the clubs.

In a non creepy way - hearing your voice on Friday's makes me happy!

TIger talk is always fun. I'm not sure how I feel about a potential Champion's Tour run. TBH, it makes me wonder what the point really is. I realize those guys take it seriously, but does anybody else?

TIger talk is always fun. I'm not sure how I feel about a potential Champion's Tour run. TBH, it makes me wonder what the point really is. I realize those guys take it seriously, but does anybody else?
My thought is, if Tiger goes to the Champions Tour to take it seriously, it's a waste of everyone's time.

Listening to it now. Nothing like the dulcet tones of Mr. Dan Edwards to ease in the Friday work day banging away documentation and emails. :D

My thought is, if Tiger goes to the Champions Tour to take it seriously, it's a waste of everyone's time.

He'd singlehandedly make that tour relevant for sure. No offense to the CT lovers out there.

Great talk about bag features. Strap management is an underrated feature.

Not finished but it has been a pretty comical listen so far. @AnthonyC getting called out.. lolol

What if we went the opposite way. No penalty for slow play, but Stroke taken away at the end of the round if average shot time is under X. :unsure:

What if we went the opposite way. No penalty for slow play, but Stroke taken away at the end of the round if average shot time is under X. :unsure:
When does that clock start? When the people clear in front of them?

It's gotta happen. Something has to.

Sure, when you are at the ball and next shot is open. Which is why it would have to be an average, since it is subjective.

Would have to monitor appropriate pace in walking to next shot as well, timer could start clock early if deemed appropriate.

Player can call let's say 5 exceptions through the round where their time will not count to average.

While we are at it, let's have a separate timer running for first putts on greens.

Fastest Top 10% of field get -2 strokes bonus to final score.
Top 50% get -1 stroke bonus.

So -4 strokes if you are in top 10 of both.

I see no flaws in this plan. 😎

the other issue is, I am sure plenty of guys can selectively take forever on a shot, and then speed through a couple and still be on pace.

I think the shot clock should be enforced while on the green. I think that is where you see the biggest slow downs. I dont really know what a reasonable amount of time to hit a putt is but figure that out and make it happen.

I think the shot clock should be enforced while on the green. I think that is where you see the biggest slow downs. I dont really know what a reasonable amount of time to hit a putt is but figure that out and make it happen.
Reasonable time to hit a putt = a lot less than what 90% of PGAT golfers take.

Back