Looking for Testers – The Worst Golf Podcast: Episode 34

I almost tagged you in the show chat.

I think it would be really cool. to have THP shown in that way.
Yea I know from talking to these ladies how hard the road to the LPGA is. Some with the talent may never make it because the money may run out and then Q school is the only other venue.

There’s just not too much money on this tour. But there is talent and personalities. Even those with sponsors don’t have enough to cover travel expenses for a whole season unless they win.

One of the biggest issues is they play at some of the nicest courses during the best times of the year. Doesn’t sound like a problem but with that comes the priciest hotels and accommodations for 4 to 6 days a week if they make the cut.

Thanks to everybody that tuned in today. We have some fun coming up on THP

I have my Grandaddy answer.

Thanks to everybody that tuned in today. We have some fun coming up on THP
Was an awesome show once the audio was fixed. The Epson tour idea is awesome

Hmmm…out of nowhere I get an email about flying private. “They” are always listening. 😂

I hate flying and the thought of flying on a private jet is frankly terrifying.

Worst Ever and understand some posts a little better now. Well done!

@JB

re-listening to this Episode to fill in all the gaps I missed while at work. My ears really perked up when you said you wanted a lesson from Tom Purtzer. My home course is home to the Purtzer Golf Academy. However, Paul Purtzer is the teaching Pro. Tom's Brother.

Reactions: JB
@JB

re-listening to this Episode to fill in all the gaps I missed while at work. My ears really perked up when you said you wanted a lesson from Tom Purtzer. My home course is home to the Purtzer Golf Academy. However, Paul Purtzer is the teaching Pro. Tom's Brother.

Very cool. I have long said that Tom had the best golf swing ever.

I haven’t been able to listen to the entire episode yet, but just getting to the part where you all are discussing taking time off and try to come back after an injury and it is resonating so hard right now

I haven’t been able to listen to the entire episode yet, but just getting to the part where you all are discussing taking time off and try to come back after an injury and it is resonating so hard right now
And it's so true how some of the bad habits/faults disappear after a layoff. At least until they resurface or are replaced by other habits/faults, which inevitably happens.

Yea I know from talking to these ladies how hard the road to the LPGA is. Some with the talent may never make it because the money may run out and then Q school is the only other venue.

There’s just not too much money on this tour. But there is talent and personalities. Even those with sponsors don’t have enough to cover travel expenses for a whole season unless they win.

One of the biggest issues is they play at some of the nicest courses during the best times of the year. Doesn’t sound like a problem but with that comes the priciest hotels and accommodations for 4 to 6 days a week if they make the cut.
Being a professional golfer looks real glamorous and alluring for the top stars, but it's a hell of a tough existence for the ones trying to get there. It's a hand to mouth existence and most of them are spending a lot more money than they're making. Golf wouldn't be near as enjoyable when one bad round means you don't get paid, and a mediocre finish means you might cover travel and lodging expenses for the week.

And it's so true how some of the bad habits/faults disappear after a layoff. At least until they resurface or are replaced by other habits/faults, which inevitably happens.
Things were bad enough i decided to get a lesson.

@GolferGal Does Jet Suite X count as a private jet experience?

@JB Last episode you mentioned a few LA trips. When are you in LA next?

Great show, enjoyed watching that. You guys pod very well. Looking forward to seeing what THPers think about the Cally CB wedges!

Well done.

Going to have to go back and listen to it again. My wife called about 15 min in and I missed the next 20 minutes while on the phone with her. The Odyssey contest sounds amazing! Love the idea of sponsoring a mini tour player.

Anyone else measure their garage to see if it was a full 16’ wide?

Back