Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

i forgot to mention how well the 910F has been treating me, im hitting that thing awesome, its as much of a fairway finder as my rescue11 and thats saying allot, off the tee its just automatic, out of the fairway its still very easy to hit as well, really glad i purchased this 3 wood, i have it set on C3 taking it from 15* up to 15.75* and .75* upright, the fairway def wants to fade allot more than the driver, with it a little upright its either straight or a nice little draw, love it

Still loving my D3. My carry isn't huge but I'm finally getting roll-out that adds 20-40 yards to a drive. Good for summertime and firm fairways, not sure how it will treat me in winter when carry is all I will get. What made all of you go for the D2 instead of the D3? Was it the 460cc vs. 445cc?

I went with the D3 because of the lower spin profile.

What is your swingspeed and preferred ball flight?

Average is between 112 and 115 (these are not Internet numbers either and I got these from my last Bridgestone ball fitting). I prefer a launch of about 12 degrees.

TapaTalk: Killing my phone's battery since 2010.

I love this driver, but it doesn't love me apparently. Spent an hour today hitting both the D2 and D3 on the monitor in all 3 lofts for each head and 4 shafts and the spin never gets above 2500, launch is about 15-17, SS is 100. Ends up about 20-30 yds shorter than my R9.

I love this driver, but it doesn't love me apparently. Spent an hour today hitting both the D2 and D3 on the monitor in all 3 lofts for each head and 4 shafts and the spin never gets above 2500, launch is about 15-17, SS is 100. Ends up about 20-30 yds shorter than my R9.

Did you get any numbers for ball speed?

Ball speed was on avg 135-140mph.

Ball speed was on avg 135-140mph.

Your launch numbers are pretty similar to mine, another five to ten mph of ball speed would really get it out there. Maybe just need to try a different shaft?

My weight kit showed up today and i cant wait to get on course with the new weight in the D2, i replaced the stock 7g with the 12g and it feels much better, im hoping that will help me slow down a little and keep the hook under control, feels much better though

My weight kit showed up today and i cant wait to get on course with the new weight in the D2, i replaced the stock 7g with the 12g and it feels much better, im hoping that will help me slow down a little and keep the hook under control, feels much better though

I am looking forward to what you find out! Lately I haven't been able to really feel the head through my swing and I feel like it's messing with my consistency.

I am looking forward to what you find out! Lately I haven't been able to really feel the head through my swing and I feel like it's messing with my consistency.

thats exactly what i love about the heavier weight in the head, you can really tell where and what the head is doing, i just swapped the 12g for a 2g to see what it feels like and its crazy light lol, really looking forward to some range/course time with the kit

alright here is a question for you swingweight guru's and club builders, does lighter always mean more distance? from my past experience with Taylormade drivers when i went with a light weight setup i really didnt see any increase in distance but worse dispersion, and with it heavier i still saw the same distance but with better control, i know im gonna have to find what works best for me with the D2 and the weight setup but was just interested in your experiences with it

thats exactly what i love about the heavier weight in the head, you can really tell where and what the head is doing, i just swapped the 12g for a 2g to see what it feels like and its crazy light lol, really looking forward to some range/course time with the kit

I have the D2 also, where did you purchase your weight kit from? I am wondering how it would feel having different weights in the head. Although, this has by far been my favorite driver I have every owned! Maybe I shouldn't make changes...lol

I look forward to hearing your findings. I am specifically interested to see the difference in launch angle.

I look forward to hearing your findings. I am specifically interested to see the difference in launch angle.

same here

I just picked up a 910d2, was bombing it at the range so really can't wait to get it on the course! It'll sit nicely in the bag with the vokey wedge i picked up and the AP2's!

I am thinking about refilling the grooves on the face and the sole. Anybody have any color ideas?

I am thinking about refilling the grooves on the face and the sole. Anybody have any color ideas?

black and red maybe

just had a unexpected knock on the door and it was the fedex guy, had to sign for a package from Titleist, weird cause i havent ordered anything i open it up and its another 910weight kit, no receipt no name of a store where it came from, nothing. I have no idea where it came from or why i got it, i just got mine early this week from where i ordered it but no clue about this one

just had a unexpected knock on the door and it was the fedex guy, had to sign for a package from Titleist, weird cause i havent ordered anything i open it up and its another 910weight kit, no receipt no name of a store where it came from, nothing. I have no idea where it came from or why i got it, i just got mine early this week from where i ordered it but no clue about this one

Nice! How is the weight change working out for you so far?

man I wish I would get random golf stuff in the mail I didnt order lol

Nice! How is the weight change working out for you so far?
havent been able to play with the change yet, been to busy at work and to darn hot out lol
man I wish I would get random golf stuff in the mail I didnt order lol

o im sure i paid for it somehow or the other and just dont know about it yet lol, im not one to get free golf stuff in the mail

turns out that extra weight kit was from patty and dennis, their rep accidently ordered one for me instead of just getting the price lol, gonna send it back to them.
I had some very very very surprising results today with the D2 and weight kit, i mean it was shocking to me, i have always liked a heavier feel in the head and always setup my previous drivers that way so i stuck the 12gram in the D2 to replace the stock 7gram, hit some balls on the range them pulled the driver to test this out and here is where it gets shocking, my miss is a hook and shot is a draw or straight, with the 12gram weight in the head i could hit nothing but big high slices, i didnt hit one shot straight with the 12gram weight, i mean these were huge slices that would probably end up 2 fairways over if i was on the course, i never slice the ball, i took the 12gram weight out and went straight back to the 7gram and was hitting nice straight shots, swapped that out with the 2gram weight and was just killing it, nice mid/high draws or straight bombs, this was the last thing i expected, it felt light at first but after a few i got use to it, you could really tell where the ball hit on the face with this setup. I def need to do some more testing but i really didnt expect that

Back