RBC Canadian Open (Spoilers)

Any of you Callaway staffers notice Hadwin's shirt today? Really nice looking Callaway offering.

I did, I love alot of their stuff they put their younger guys in. All you ever see is Ernie and his terrible sense of fashion. My personal favorite shirt is the black one with the Callaway V's kind of ghosted in the back.

I haven't followed this thread or the tourney so I skimmed! Sounds like Rickie's got a chance? I'll watch tomorrow then for sure...

I haven't followed this thread or the tourney so I skimmed! Sounds like Rickie's got a chance? I'll watch tomorrow then for sure...

Well not exactly he shot a +2 today making him I believe 4-5 shots back...but he's tied I think for 17th though? like it's going to be a great finish I think everyone is struggling for birdies so it will tighten up on sunday

Sheesh, reading through this thread it seems that some are still sore from when Rory raped their open. Now ours is tougher and they cant give us any credit. Pffffffft. Weather gods? Yeah.

I'd just as soon Daly shoot an 80 than win this thing. Just not a fan of his at all.

Sheesh, reading through this thread it seems that some are still sore from when Rory raped their open. Now ours is tougher and they cant give us any credit. Pffffffft. Weather gods? Yeah.

But it never grew to its potential? No one can control that..
I'm glad to see low scores though makes it more exciting! (these guys need to toughen up everyone is complaining about it!)

But it never grew to its potential? No one can control that..

Potential? You cant expect it to have perfect conditions for growing all year around. The superintendent absolutely can control it. Thats why they pay him the big bucks.. With water, and the right feed of chemicals, anything can be achieved.

I dont understand why rough has to be long to be hard. Its all about the thickness and stability of the plant. I have played in 5" rough that played easier than 3" rough.

Courses should make their rough be iceplant. Now that would be penal.

Potential? You cant expect it to have perfect conditions for growing all year around. The superintendent absolutely can control it. Thats why they pay him the big bucks.. With water, and the right feed of chemicals, anything can be achieved.

I dont understand why rough has to be long to be hard. Its all about the thickness and stability of the plant. I have played in 5" rough that played easier than 3" rough.

Well I still believe weather played a huge factor in the course and how it played. But with that being said. Rory missed how many fairways? My point being is that Rory played a different course than what everyone else was playing...he kept it in the short stuff

I did, I love alot of their stuff they put their younger guys in. All you ever see is Ernie and his terrible sense of fashion. My personal favorite shirt is the black one with the Callaway V's kind of ghosted in the back.
Ernie doesn't really rep their clothing that well. He looks frumpy. That shirt had me feeling a little better about their clothing line, which unfortunately I never see in stores. I am sure they are there, I just don't go seeking them out and they never pop out to me.

He's 7 back and scores have been hard to come by. He needs a minor miracle to have any shot.

Scoring averages

Canadian Open through 3 rounds = 72.556

US Open = 71.917

Not that far off.

(Thanks to Rex Hoggard)

Scoring averages

US Open = 71.917

Not that far off.

(Thanks to Rex Hoggard)

Those are good stats, I've played this course a few times and it was tough. The biggest difference though is when we "mortals" play it, its a par 73 and the rough is normal length, these guys are playing it as a par 70, from the tips, and the rough is CRAZY! Weather has been perfect though, I mean PERFECT and these guys are still struggling with the course, thats sort of good to see. It is our national open, not just another PGA tour event, so it should be more difficult than a regular PGA tour event.

Those are good stats, I've played this course a few times and it was tough. The biggest difference though is when we "mortals" play it, its a par 73 and the rough is normal length, these guys are playing it as a par 70, from the tips, and the rough is CRAZY! Weather has been perfect though, I mean PERFECT and these guys are still struggling with the course, thats sort of good to see. It is our national open, not just another PGA tour event, so it should be more difficult than a regular PGA tour event.

Yah i heard Feherty talking about this yesterday. He said he sees Par 72 play as 70 all the time, but he can't remember ever seeing the pros play a 73 as a 70.

Yeah, I get that.

I don't know much about the history of this tournament, but it has it been played at this course every year?

Wasn't this the same tournament where Tiger hit the 6 iron out of the bunker, over water from 220...still think it's the greatest shot I've ever seen. I don't think it was the same course however.

Do they have a rotation like the British?

Yeah, I get that.

I don't know much about the history of this tournament, but it has it been played at this course every year?

Wasn't this the same tournament where Tiger hit the 6 iron out of the bunker, over water from 220...still think it's the greatest shot I've ever seen. I don't think it was the same course however.

Do they have a rotation like the British?

Its a rotation around the country just like the US Open. I think this golf tournament is the oldest or second oldest in North America but I'll have to check on that.

First Canadian Open was in 1904

Scoring averages

US Open = 71.917

Not that far off.

(Thanks to Rex Hoggard)

So Congressional played less than 1 stroke over par, and Shaugnessy is playing 2.5 strokes over par? Thats kind of a big difference. 1.5 strokes a round makes 6 strokes total.

It rotates like the US Open

So Congressional played less than 1 stroke over par, and Shaugnessy is playing 2.5 strokes over par? Thats kind of a big difference. 1.5 strokes a round makes 6 strokes total.

It rotates like the US Open

Relative to par, sure, but in terms of strokes, less than a stroke a round. Just thought is was an interesting stat. I thought it would be more personally.

Ernie doesn't really rep their clothing that well. He looks frumpy. That shirt had me feeling a little better about their clothing line, which unfortunately I never see in stores. I am sure they are there, I just don't go seeking them out and they never pop out to me.

He's 7 back and scores have been hard to come by. He needs a minor miracle to have any shot.

Thanks for that... So JD is in the mix eh? That would be funny to see...

I heard Daly spent the night at Hooters. Well, in the parking lot.

He wouldnt have liked the girls inside anyways. Our hooters girls have teeth and an education.

They must not watch Jersey Shore either... being that they're not stoopid. :D

I was talking with Tadashi yesterday and we can't get over the fact that we see a bunch of the pros playing in the middle of July with long sleeves on. It's mind bottling.

Back