Taylormade CB vs Burner 2.0?

waz84

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi guys, I am new to the forum and have been impressed by real life testing done by forum members of equipment, the advice has been fantastic and I have taken delivery of TM TP CB Irons as a result!

Changed from the burner 2.0 and noticed there is a slight loss in distance but the feel of the CBs when hit perfect is fantastic, not sure what it is but just feels "right".

Anyone else done a similar change and felt the same way?

Well, welcome to THP first of all. Yes you should see some lose of distance going from the 2.0`s to the CB`s but whether or not the feel is better or not is really up to the individual. I`m not huge one `feel`but more on the results, but if the CB`s make you feel more confident and you score better, then you made the right move for sure.

Welcome to THP, and yeah CB is right from my testing as well. The 2.0s are probably longer, but if you prefer the feel of the CB and they give you more confidence then you should be on the right track. Both are a great iron set.

All the distance in the world won't be worth a birdie if you have no confidence in where you're going to hit it. Good luck on your choice, although it seems for the most part, you can't lose either way.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I was looking towards the MC originally but my current form and handicap doesn't require them quite yet! The one thing I noticed was the CB irons are shorter and as a result I am more confident in the range. Will be playing on Tue and will be able to see how they fare around 18 holes.

im in the same bot, Ive hit the CB's once and the Burners 3 times, and things just havent clicked yet with the Burners, I want to love them since Im a burner guy now, but something just isnt right....probably me lol

I went from a GI iron to the CB's briefly. In the end, I did not feel the same way as you. They are nice looking though.

Welcome to THP. I tried the 2.0 when I was buying my MC's as well but didn't like the feel and I thought they were too long where I lost control. I love my MC's!!

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Hawk, are the CB not really a GI iron aswell? What did you not like about them?

In my opinion, they are more of a GE iron. I didn't find the lack of forgiveness and distance to be worth it for my game. They are a great set in the right hands.

Posted via Tapatalk

I've been a lurker on the forums and just signed up. I had been playing 2006 Big Bertha irons, which I'd say are in the same relative category as the Burner 2.0 - and I just upgraded to the Taylormade CB this weekend. I compared the Burner and CB at my local shop, but the CB had a much better feel when striking the ball, so I asked the Taylormade rep for his input on fitting. He recommended I go +1/2 inch on shaft length (and gave me a stiffer one), adjusted the lie angle slightly, and increased my grip width - and now I am hitting the ball better than ever. It will be about a week until I receive my clubs, so I'll report back after playing a round with them.

I was tempted by the CB and MC and my fitter was trying to push me in that direction, but in the end I decided that the extra forgiveness of the 2.0 was worth the slight trade off in terms of looks (I love the look of all the Tour Preferred range). Basically, when I make those less than perfect swings, the results with the Burners are less costly. As it happens, I also prefer the feel (sound) of the 2.0, but accept it might not be for everyone, because it is very distinctive.

Enjoy your CBs though, they're great clubs!

hi,i am new to this forum
i need some advice i am a 11 handicaper and i am playing with burner 2.0 regular graphite..i am planning to change to steel so i need to chose between burner 2.0 steel or CB steel ...please help guyzz>

hi,i am new to this forum
i need some advice i am a 11 handicaper and i am playing with burner 2.0 regular graphite..i am planning to change to steel so i need to chose between burner 2.0 steel or CB steel ...please help guyzz>

I would recommend the R11 irons, but the CBs i also really liked and you can get them super cheap now. I would suggest you go try out all 3 and see what you like the best. There all great clubs.

Hi guys, I am new to the forum and have been impressed by real life testing done by forum members of equipment, the advice has been fantastic and I have taken delivery of TM TP CB Irons as a result!

Changed from the burner 2.0 and noticed there is a slight loss in distance but the feel of the CBs when hit perfect is fantastic, not sure what it is but just feels "right".

Anyone else done a similar change and felt the same way?

Congrats on the sticks...i game the TM MC's and going from my cally x-22's to the MC's was a completely different world for me. The MC's were miles longer and MUUUUCH more accurate. Even if they were shorter i would still love them.......I'd rather throw darts then grenades any day IMHO.

D

Back