Im 29 years old and been playing since I was 7. So after 22 years it finally happened

Man, this makes me want to start dressing like Ben Crane when I am on the course.

That is one funny mental image, just opt for the helmet there buddy.

Never been hit in 30 years. Never hit anyone, either, though I've come close a couple of times when I sh*nked tee shots (in consecutive rounds at the same course) to a nearby green. Before I hit the second one, I laughed and said, "You'll never believe this, but last time I played here I hit one on that green over there." Boom, did it again.

I havent been hit with a golf ball, did take a softball off the bat to the eye when I was a kid, and then a few years late lost a fly ball in teh sun and took another one to the eye.

Dont know if Ive ever hit anyone on the course, I know Ive come close and hit some carts lol

Glad you are okay.... a few years ago my uncle got hit in the head, driving away from a green. He was knocked unconscious, and wound up with a concussion ( I believe is what he said) .

Also, when I was in 1st grade, I accidentally hit a friend with a 7-iron in the EYE, while he walked behind my swing. That was a mess... in so many different ways...

Glad your ok. Still though, a massage? I'm sure he was scared out of his mind about the whole ordeal, and came up with that crazy remedy.

glad your ok. Id be furious but also scared. Can't imagine being hit with a golf ball, would hurt so much.

I would have been ticked. Glad your okay.

Man that's the worst. But get this, in 2005 as a freshman in high school, I was playing as the number 1 seed for my team in just my second match. On the first hole, we were in the fairway to hit our approach shots. He was a few yards back of me, so naturally he hit first. His shot went a little long and right. I start walking up to my ball, and sit my bag down. As soon as I turned left to look at a yardage marker, BANG! right in my left shoulder. The idiot had dropped another ball to hit just for fun. A few inches up and that was my head. I had a throbbing pain in my arm, but I finished out the worst round of my high school career.

Hope you get feeling better soon though.

I'm really glad it didn't hit you in the head,instead of muscle relaxers you might have been taking a dirt nap

That is horrible. Sorry to hear it, but glad you are ok. I have almost been hit twice, and once I was upset. They were less than 200 in and we were right beside the green. The other time was a huge slice that arrive over the trees and into the fairway I was playing and that one barely missed. I does happen where it is not really stupidity, but just unfortunate events.

There was one time I hit the green in 2 when there was a group on the green putting. They said I missed one of them by inches. They went up one side of me and down the other. In my defense it was a blind shot to the green with 280ish yards left. I pulled my 3 wood and hit it well, but not that well. I have never, ever hit a 3 wood close to that far, which I tried to explain to them. After finishing the hole, I looked at my ball and there was a big black mark on it. Right then I knew it had hit a sprinkler head and flew onto the green. Sometimes it just can't be helped.

Sorry to hear about this man. Hope there are no lasting effects.

I am so scared of hitting somebody. I posted in one of our slow play threads about a week ago that a guy had teed off too early from his tee box and hit it badly putting his tee shot in my fairway. Since he had not waited for the guys ahead of him to even get a little ways down the fairway he could not hit his second shot and ended up just standing there right in the middle of the fairway I was trying to drive into. So I ended up just standing there also because I refused to hit the ball. Then yesterday there was a threesome playing slowly in front of me. Without asking me the Ranger drove up to them on a par 3 green (I was standing on the tee) and asked them to let me play through. They were doing that but would not move out of harms way. I was so flustered that I just picked up my ball, drove past them and told them thanks for letting me by but I was just going to go to the next tee and get ahead of them that way. They were two older guys and a kid. With my luck I would have hit the kid and had nightmares forever.

Heck you were trying to get away. In fact you were driving away. Man that is bad luck to be moving and still get hit. I am not sure enough people realize how dangerous it is to be hit or to hit somebody.

I've been hit real hard twice, so I know the pain.
Glad to hear you are ok.

It was at Webb of all places.

This doesn't surprise me.

You got hit on #18 at Webb? I'm suprised the guy even bothered to apologize then. I've been paired up with some real "winners" before at Webb.

That's a straight, wide open hole. No way could he not have seen you still on the green. Hope you feel better soon!

This is why I don't play there. There are way too many people playing each hole at once. The holes are so close and 90% of the people that play there hit errant shots over two holes and don't even yell fore.

If you didn't leave that course with at least 100 bucks...

glad to hear you're all still alive. i was stood on the green of a 200 yard par 3 when i heard a thump and saw a ball land an inch from my foot. waited for the couple behind to see what they had to say, turns out it was a relatively elderly couple, the husband had said to his wife on the tee whilst i was putting "go on, you'll never make that".
whenever i have people ahead of me, even if i dont think i can make the distance 9/10 times i'll wait and just be certain.

It seems that there are a few of you with experience at that course. Are you folks saying that the course layout tends to be a problem or are you saying that the players tend to be less aware of the danger than they should be? Actually sounds like a little of both so far.

At least the guy was apologetic. Still doesn't excuse the fact but I'd at least appreciate the person who hit to feel bad about the situation.

I've never been hit before. Close a couple of times but never actually hit. Glad to hear you're okay as that is the most important thing.

Back