Honma T//World W5 Wedges

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
In case you missed it, Honma Golf is still very much committed to expanding their presence stateside, specifically with their T//World (Tour World) offerings. This year, they are bringing the next generation of what was a popular wedge among those who were able to give it a go. The new T//World W5 Wedges seek to again show golfers that Honma is not just flash, but also high-end craftsmanship and substance.

Continue reading...

Excellent write up @Jman … As always with Honma these look great. I feel like they have been trying to expand their presence in the US for years now. What do you think it will take for them to realize this goal?

always a sucker for a copper wedge. Really like the looks of thoese but it would be hard for me to spend $230/wedge when I could get a WedgeWorks Vokey instead

Feel like having both faces in each finish would be a positive but SKU wise they probably aren’t popular enough to make worthwhile. Are they a measurable part of the market?

These look fantastic and I’m digging what I am hearing.

• Staff
Excellent write up @Jman … As always with Honma these look great. I feel like they have been trying to expand their presence in the US for years now. What do you think it will take for them to realize this goal?
I think they’ll always be trying honestly. We have seen the push come in waves and that’s likely to stay the same.

They do make some fantastic looking stuff though.

• Staff
always a sucker for a copper wedge. Really like the looks of thoese but it would be hard for me to spend $230/wedge when I could get a WedgeWorks Vokey instead
That’s fair, and I have similar thoughts personally. But, Honma has always put itself in that high-end range, so I’m also not surprised to see what the price points are, ya know?

That’s fair, and I have similar thoughts personally. But, Honma has always put itself in that high-end range, so I’m also not surprised to see what the price points are, ya know?
ive hit the irons before and enjoyed them as much as any forged irons, but they just dont quite do it for me. I think they make great products but they’re in that weird price gap. Little more pricey than the big OEM’s but cheaper than Miura without the same lure and fantasy of playing Miura’s…..at least in the North American market

Really like the look. It seems like a lot of MFG's are going to cleaner wedge branding which speaks to me. I've only ever played the Honma 757 Hybrid that I was testing out for Honma/THP. It was great and fought for and maintained its place in the bag for 2.5 seasons. I'd love to be able to take a few swings with these wedges. I'm guessing they would probably be hard to find in stores around here but I'll look and hope to be wrong.

These wedges look like the best ever to come out of Honma. The brushed copper looks great.

These look so good. Can really see the grinds in those pics.

Nice Write up @Jman
They look like they took the Denim Copper from Mizuno along with the Full Face from Cleveland and made their own wedge.
I know Honma make good clubs, hope them make ahold in the market in states at some point.
Options are always good.

pretty good looking wedges. I don’t understand the lines on the back. I don’t really like with things are done like that and serve no function. Maybe they do but my guess is it is just looks..

pretty good looking wedges. I don’t understand the lines on the back. I don’t really like with things are done like that and serve no function. Maybe they do but my guess is it is just looks..
Of course it’s aesthetic. 🤣

These look so good. Can really see the grinds in those pics.
Agreed, it was nice to be provided with pics that showed the differences pretty well.

These are just absolutely gorgeous. I love my Honma TW757, and these take it up a notch.

Great write up, James.

Great write up. That brushed copper finish is drool worthy.

I like the lines on the back of the copper wedge but not on the satin chrome.

Those are great looking!

These are well done.

Back