Callaway Metal Woods - Morgan Cup Staff

I would too. Jrod was hitting it very far. I hit it a few times, but it's hard to say anything because he uses a damn fence post for a shaft.

lol @ fence post. Those are so hard to swing. I really need to get out more with the 3W and 5W so I can get them both figured out. The 5W was a little feisty on Sunday for some reason.

lol @ fence post. Those are so hard to swing. I really need to get out more with the 3W and 5W so I can get them both figured out. The 5W was a little feisty on Sunday for some reason.

I hate mancrushing on his length, but I'll be damned if he didn't put it pin high into a greenside bunker from 240 uphill with that 5 wood. He was about 6 feet too far left or would have been in eagle territory.

I hate mancrushing on his length, but I'll be damned if he didn't put it pin high into a greenside bunker from 240 uphill with that 5 wood. He was about 6 feet too far left or would have been in eagle territory.

Thats just damn impressive right there. When I have 240 left Im trying like hell to figure out how Im going to within 30 yards of the green. And not take 3 shots doing it.

Major skim alert:so it seems more people got the octane fw than the razor? Correct? One of my friends loved everything razor but liked the octane fw woods much better than razor. Sounds like callaway has a real winner on there hands with the octane fw.

Thats just damn impressive right there. When I have 240 left Im trying like hell to figure out how Im going to within 30 yards of the green. And not take 3 shots doing it.

Playing with him is fun and sort of crushing at the same time. He played the back tees and I played the normal ones. I did outdrive him once. I think he used the 4 iron, but it still counts.

Major skim alert:so it seems more people got the octane fw than the razor? Correct? One of my friends loved everything razor but liked the octane fw woods much better than razor. Sounds like callaway has a real winner on there hands with the octane fw.

I actually dont think its that far apart. I liked the Octane Tour for different reasons and mostly my swing fit it. The Razr Hawk is great in its own right. I loved that one off the tee more than the Octane.

Wish I had more to add to the Razr Hawk discussion though. That club is awesome!

Im not 100% but I think it might be pretty even actually. The two guys still waiting on woods got Razr Hawk woods, I think. I did, Jrod did and ddec did too.

If I was in the MC, I'd go with the Octane, but that's purely because I think it fits my game better. I love the traditional shape to it. The older versions of the Diablos were just a little odd to me. I have one of the originals and just have never gotten comfortable with it.

Any of you gentlemen get out there with your big sticks today?

Hopefully ill get out after my work call. Should end about 9. Just picked the Hawk up from PGA Superstore. Or I would've earlier. Love my Metal Woods.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Hopefully ill get out after my work call. Should end about 9. Just picked the Hawk up from PGA Superstore. Or I would've earlier. Love my Metal Woods.

The old reshaft huh?

I knew you'd be out swinging them bro!

The old reshaft huh?

I knew you'd be out swinging them bro!

:) I decided to fully embrace my inner tour player and try out all I could. I'm not leaving anything on the table. I was in love with the Attas T2 in my other club.
Hopefully this call ends early and I have a report tonight.

Some pics of the shaft installed! Awesome.

Spoiler
IMAG0022.jpg
[/IMG]

Spoiler
IMAG0021.jpg

Spoiler
IMAG0020.jpg
[/IMG]

Spoiler
IMAG0019.jpg
[/IMG]

Very nice TMex. Sunday custom shaft showdown! I took to the range today and hit all my woods like garbage. It was just frustrating. I couldnt figure out what the hell was going on either. I worked out getting to my left side with the irons and that helped get rid of the fat shots but then I hit the woods terrible.

Very nice TMex. Sunday custom shaft showdown! I took to the range today and hit all my woods like garbage. It was just frustrating. I couldnt figure out what the hell was going on either. I worked out getting to my left side with the irons and that helped get rid of the fat shots but then I hit the woods terrible.

Man, thats how it seems to work for us. Did you feel anything off with the tempo? Ball position?

Man, thats how it seems to work for us. Did you feel anything off with the tempo? Ball position?

Not really dude. Just nothing felt right with the woods for some reason. I didn't get that flush feeling with any of them. Clicky feeling and weak slices. I'm such an anchor boat.

Not really dude. Just nothing felt right with the woods for some reason. I didn't get that flush feeling with any of them. Clicky feeling and weak slices. I'm such an anchor boat.

We both are! I can't wait to concede a GIR to you.

Man thats tough. I usually get that when my grip is too weak. I'm not trying to fix, haha but I hope you can get it straight. When you're missing with the woods they still give you some good distance or stay online a little better than what youre used too?

We both are! I can't wait to concede a GIR to you.

Man thats tough. I usually get that when my grip is too weak. I'm not trying to fix, haha but I hope you can get it straight. When you're missing with the woods they still give you some good distance or stay online a little better than what youre used too?

lol @ concede a GIR.

Man not tonight. It was just push slices I guess. And another thing that shows me I was off was that I didn't hit the net once. Iv been hitting into the net regularly lately.

Man i need a drool bucket when i come to look at this thread! Its great to hear about how you are all doing with the big sticks.

lol @ concede a GIR.

Man not tonight. It was just push slices I guess. And another thing that shows me I was off was that I didn't hit the net once. Iv been hitting into the net regularly lately.

Well, I'm sure you'll get it figured out. Either way, funtastic weekend ahead for all of us.

Man i need a drool bucket when i come to look at this thread! Its great to hear about how you are all doing with the big sticks.

Haha, dude I feel the same and I'm in this event!!! You have anything you're looking a little more at?

Well, I'm sure you'll get it figured out. Either way, funtastic weekend ahead for all of us.

Haha, dude I feel the same and I'm in this event!!! You have anything you're looking a little more at?

I am itching to get somewhere so I can hit the Raxr Hawk driver! I have also started paying attention to how you guys are doing with the hybrids since mine is in time out.

I am itching to get somewhere so I can hit the Raxr Hawk driver! I have also started paying attention to how you guys are doing with the hybrids since mine is in time out.

Seems to me that it's just a matter of time before you get your Razr Hawk on! I can't wait to stripe mine either.

Seems to me that it's just a matter of time before you get your Razr Hawk on! I can't wait to stripe mine either.

I can't even began to imagine how anxious you are to get your clubs there brother! You know you have one on its way and it must be like a kid being told Christmas is being delayed. I like my Octane but the Hawks really have me curious.

RW go get you some!!! Make sure you hit the whole Callaway line, very good and underrated.

Some feedback:

Hybrids:
Continue to hit this pretty good. I like the sound and how they just launch the ball. Still hit them fat more than Im used too (I used to game a mashie) and I really think that is has a lot to do with my swing and the shallow(er) face. Love the forgiveness though. It's pretty fun how forgiving these are.

Octane Tour 3w:
See above! Although I'm not hitting nearly as many good shots. Kinda frustrating and disappointing at times but I'm sure I'll get it there. When I dont think about set up, just remember to turn my hands over and swing around the body.. Bam good things happen. Or else I hit it fat. Thats the one miss. FAT haha.

Razr Hawk Driver:
New shaft!!!!!!!!!! So I was nervous because I loved the ballflight of the RIP. Low, penetrating and long. I just could never get along with the feel. It usually wouldnt make a difference but I thought it would be a good time to try something different. After all, this is about being a tour pro for a weekend, who wouldnt want to tinker?

What I've read from the ATTAS T2 is a higher ish type ballflight (most cases) but low spin. Low spin is definitely something I need! I was a little nervous about the higher ballflight because with the lower one, I'm finding its way easier to control. By a large margin in fact. My driving accuracy has never been better in the sense, I lose less strokes by way of penalty. So I was just nervous the possible higher ballflight would hurt me......

BAM! Winner! The ballflight is about the same from what I'm seeing (no launch monitor numbers and I dont have the numbers for the RIP because I was fitted to a Kai li). However the feel is just what I'm looking for. I loved, loved, loved the original Attas it just wasnt a good fit. This combo is just flat out deadly. I'm so excited to get this on the course. The range I was just hitting bombs and contact was mostly on the center of the face. This is why you let experts fit you. I talked to my tour rep, got some options and this is what I went with. I wouldve never put this combo together and obviously the fitter knew their stuff. They knew how it would react and I couldn't be more excited rightnow. Thanks Callaway, THP and especially my tour rep. I have pestered them with questions and probably annoyed the crap out of them.. yet nothing but patience.

Dude, it sounds like your driver/shaft combo is a winner!!

Back