Nunchuk shafts...

Nice win OG! I am totally jealous! But now we have to get together and play so I can swing that shaft! I have been super interested in this for a while!

I'll tip it to go in the R11. That driver needs some better dispersion.

??? I thought that the Nunchuk shafts are meant to be only butt-trimmed?

??? I thought that the Nunchuk shafts are meant to be only butt-trimmed?

I have no idea bonk, I haven't done enough research. I have other drivers if that's the case.

Im guessing that Nunchuk really likes THP readers to drop in each time they are running a contest.
Since they seem to like the readers here, I think that they should contact [email protected] and set up a forum testing and get some unbiased feedback on their product. :act-up:

1000% agreed!

I have no idea bonk, I haven't done enough research. I have other drivers if that's the case.

That's correct - it is not supposed (or needed) to be tip trimmed. I believe you can install into an R11 without trimming though, or at least I thought I read that somewhere else.

i believe johnny vegas won the bob hope playing the nunchuck shaft i have been looking at it for a while but just cant pull the trigger lol maybe i will just go for it and pick one up and try it.

i believe johnny vegas won the bob hope playing the nunchuck shaft i have been looking at it for a while but just cant pull the trigger lol maybe i will just go for it and pick one up and try it.

Meh... Johnny won that with a putter. Not this shaft.

Although that doesn't change the fact that I'm interested.

They need to start naming future variants after famous martial artists or movies. I'm definitely following this forum. I'm convinced that I should go in and get shaft fitted soon.

sorry should have said j.vegas used it in his driver and fairway when he won the bob hope

As an update, I followed a thread on another site (SITD) that the inventor was active in and decided to cut mine down to 43.5 after changing out the heads to a 10.5 from 9 degree. I thought that might result in even more consistent fairways. While the dispersion is great, my distance has suffered from this length adjustment and I am afraid that I have affected the lie of the head making it too upright. So I will put this one in my CB4 and get another cut to 44.75 for the Razr head. I guess that is what I get for tinkering...:shame:

I just got an email that I won a Nunchuck shaft from thier contest! Sweet!!! Now I need to find a Sure-Fit tip so I can use this in my 910d. Anyone know where to get a SureFit tip for cheap?

Nice score man. I cant wait to hear how it performs.

I have been using the Nunchuk for about two months now. After first getting it shafted up, I played instead of going to the range. I hit it a couple of times well, but mostly low and left. I took it to the range the next day and could not get the ball up or straight, everything left. That night I went to the website and asked for help. Here is what I got:

Most likely, the prior shaft you were playing was causing the head of the club to lag well behind the hands into the ball. Consequently, the only manner to square the clubface was for you to have a very active release through impact. This rolling action of the hands is detrimental to a player's consistency because it requires precision in timing.

One of the advantages of the Nunchuk, is that it will help you identify a swing flaw. Because the shaft, the club face, and the golfers hands are all in a single line, you will know immediately whether the club face was square to the intending target line. Our design with the Nunchuk is to keep the club face, and the hands all in the same line.

My suggestion would be to swing through the shot without trying to release or square the hit of impact with your hands. Simply pull the butt of the club through the front of the ball and keep turning to your finish. That should help eliminate the excessive rolling that your prior shaft caused you to have in your golf swing.

The guy was spot on, I have a swing flaw I have been battling with for a few years, casting the clubhead and trying too hard to roll my hands. :banghead:

I went back to the range the next day, stopped casting, and WOW! The shaft performed great with the Callaway Razr head. The shot dispersion is very good. Distance is excellent as don't get a lot of spinning, but a boring flight like the old Adams 9015D, just easier to hit.

I recently had a lesson from one of our pros that had been a rep with True Temper for 20 years and he could not believe the concept until he saw me hit it. It takes some range time to get use to it, but well worth the time.

I've been curious about this shaft and you're the first person that I've seen to really type about your experience. Thank-you.

For a shaft change to a Nunchuk. In your estimation would you recommend a change after the season is over to allow for getting used to it?

Alex

I must say that the customer service from nVentix is superb. I have emailed them a few times with questions about installing this shaft in my 910D3 and each time they have replied within just a couple of minutes. I also was emailed a tracking # for my shaft, it will be here next week! So excited!!!!

I was at a golf course a couple of weeks ago that is listed as a Nunchuck dealer. After warming up at the range with my Titleist 910D2 (reg flex Kai'Li) I went over to the guys that do fittings and asked if they had the Nunchuk with a Titleist 910 sleeve on it, which they did. I put it in my head and went over to the range. I really wanted to like this shaft. First thing I noticed was the shaft felt extremely heavy and fairly stout. I know "they" say it's counterweighted so you won't notice it clocks in at 104 grams, but I could feel a significant difference over my Kai'Li. I hit it about 15 times on the range and was unable to hit anything except these low snipey bullets that looked more like punch shots than anything else. Not good carry distance as you can imagine. The swings and shots felt and looked very similar to what I've seen when I've hit like a 9.5 degree driver with a stiff shaft. Put my Kai'Li back in and resumed hitting the ball great. I'm sure it's a great shaft but certainly not a good fit for this old hack whose swingspeed is in the 85-95 range. Maybe what Golfingbanker said above that the manufacturer told him is true about how if I change how I swing the shaft will work for me, but I'm not interested in revamping my swing at this point when it seems to be working fine with all my other clubs. Especially since I just got a series of lessons this summer to correct the most glaring flaws that existed.

Last edited:
I really wish these were a little bit more wallet friendly.. but I guess you pay for quality.

I've been curious about this shaft and you're the first person that I've seen to really type about your experience. Thank-you.

For a shaft change to a Nunchuk. In your estimation would you recommend a change after the season is over to allow for getting used to it?

Alex

I am too impatient to wait a season before trying something new-that is just a character flaw. In my opinion, the low left shots are more a function of swinging with the hands/arms and trying to negotiate the head of the club. As I was told, with a stock shaft I have always tried to use my hands to square the face and because of the shaft lag/droop, the effect is not as bad. With a stiffer shaft I am closing it in completely. When I swing the butt of the grip thru with a pulling motion, the nunchuk performs.

Dang Titleist... they don't sell sleeve adapters as they want you to order any additional shafts through them. You can find aftermarket ones on the "bay" but they run ~$80. Not sure I want to drop $80 just to try a shaft that I have no idea if I will like or not. Whoever has the hookup on the chinese factory making these aftermarket adapters is making a killing. I can't imagine it costs more that a few dollars to make these. Dang you Titleist!!!!

Dang Titleist... they don't sell sleeve adapters as they want you to order any additional shafts through them. You can find aftermarket ones on the "bay" but they run ~$80. Not sure I want to drop $80 just to try a shaft that I have no idea if I will like or not. Whoever has the hookup on the chinese factory making these aftermarket adapters is making a killing. I can't imagine it costs more that a few dollars to make these. Dang you Titleist!!!!

just buy a stock titleist shaft off the bay that still has the sure fit sleeve on it then have it pulled and put on your new shaft, i have seen stock Kai'Li shafts going for like 40-50 bucks with the sleeve still attached, just gotta keep your eyes open

Back