jwalker497

Reaction score
Handicap
I remember Golf Magazine's Golf Ball Test - it was one of the best ball tests I have ever seen. I remember being really impressed with the TM TP black and was curious if anyone knew which TP black model was tested? I have seen many different TP black models, some say LDP, some say tour preferred, and some say tour performance, etc. Below is the article. I want to know what model was tested and if its still in production?

http://www.golf.com/golf/features/flash/ballguide3.html

No its not in production. Has not been for some time (since Penta was released).
They can still be found at stores and Walmart bought a huge amount of them.

OK thanks do you know which model it was or is? Is it the LDP or Tour Performance or Tour Preferred? Are they all the same?

Thanks for posting the link, it would be interesting to see if there's much difference with the 2011 balls.

Anyone know which model was tested? I don't want to buy the black ldp if it wasnt the LDP that was tested

Not sure, but I can tell you that it's is a fantastic all-rounder. Great distance, good spin, and nice flight.

Golftown in Canada is still selling these, and it has been my gamer for the last year or so. I really like this ball, but I have stopped playing it just because they have stopped making it, and there are other balls to play.

Anyone know which model was tested? I don't want to buy the black ldp if it wasnt the LDP that was tested

The changes were subtle at best.

The black was a five piece ball?

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I loved this ball, was my ball of choice til the pentas became moer affordable

It was the TP Black LDP that was tested and yes, it is still available. TM hasn't stopped making the Blacks AFAIK, but have stopped making the much loved TP Red LDP in favor of the Penta. I find that the Black and the Penta play pretty close to eachother, only difference being the Black seems to have a slightly higher flight.

I just bought 2 dozen mint of these off knetgolf, love them so far.

TP Blacks were my ball of choice (along with Pro V1s), but with the recent sale on Pentas, I've switched over to those for now.

TP Black = available online at walmart.com and most local stores.

TP Red = available in some local stores, but apparently not available online. You can check online to see if they are available at your local store.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Its my understanding that Walmart is selling the TP black LDP which is a different ball than the original (non-LDP) tested. Is this correct?

Back