Green Saver Divot Repair Tool Forum Testing Review

And if I'm not singing, I've at least got the cap on.

No hat here...but I do have 4 THP shirts.
I keep getting asked if the Hackers Paradise is in reference to computer hacking since I am in the IT field.
Ok..enough of that in here...back to the reviews of the Greensaver ! :golf2:

I managed to squeeze in 9 holes this morning before the hurricane hit here in North Jersey, and it rained last night so the Greensave went to good use. I hit a GW into the third green and left a crater in the fringe:
aefc1e31-2f56-287d.jpg

I decided to see how the Greensave would fair there, and it turned out great! 4 pushes later I had this (right below the putter):
aefc1e31-2f98-f0e2.jpg

Next hole I hit another GW into a relatively sandy green (aerated about a week ago), and for the first time since I've had it, the Greensaver disappointed me... I had this before:
aefc1e31-300f-f568.jpg

And this was what it looked like after a fair amount of work on it (left of the putter):
aefc1e31-307c-3d2e.jpg

I would probably blame that last one on the quality of the greens rather than the Greensaver itself, but my friend left a similar ball mark and he fixed his much better with a pitchfork. Overall, the Greensaver was great in relatively wet conditions, but I learned today that it seems to be outperformed by a pitchfork in sandy soil. Anyone else run into problems with sandy soil?

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Played this morning, course was pretty wet so I had several pitch marks to repair and repaired several that were left on the greens by others.

This tool has answered all my concerns and then some. I first was worried about the bulk in my pocket, but I don't even know it's there. Next there was the plastic construction, but after several rounds of use by me and my buddies, there are no issues there either.

For most average ball marks it just takes a few quick strokes with the Greensaver and you've got a perfectly repaired ball mark! I have tossed it to 5 or 6 buddies and they all got the hang of it quickly and thought it was a great tool...in fact this morning a couple of them were yelling from across the green for me to toss them the Greensaver for their ball marks even though each of them had a pitchfork in their pocket!

A couple of them said they were ordering one on eBay.

Overall, the Greensaver has found a permanent place in my golf bag.

Played this morning, course was pretty wet so I had several pitch marks to repair and repaired several that were left on the greens by others.

This tool has answered all my concerns and then some. I first was worried about the bulk in my pocket, but I don't even know it's there. Next there was the plastic construction, but after several rounds of use by me and my buddies, there are no issues there either.

For most average ball marks it just takes a few quick strokes with the Greensaver and you've got a perfectly repaired ball mark! I have tossed it to 5 or 6 buddies and they all got the hang of it quickly and thought it was a great tool...in fact this morning a couple of them were yelling from across the green for me to toss them the Greensaver for their ball marks even though each of them had a pitchfork in their pocket!

good stuff tim, and nice job spreading the testing to other golfers on the course. looks like this thing really works

played yesterday on rock hard greens so didn't leave too many marks. I did use smallvilles technique of going really quick which seemed to work better as conor also stated. Each time i use this device it works better and better. I'm still a little hesitant on the durability but it seems it will hold up. I still don't know if i would actually purchase this over a regular divot tool but I do give it a thumbs up as it works and is easier to use.

I played like God today and it worked amazing well. However, the super recreational player that I played with didn't hit a green so I didn't get any extra feedback.

We played today but the Flip cam battery died on the first video.

Tried conor's suggestion on the really bad ones, and the results were excellent. I plan on going out for 9 holes tomorrow, so I will take the video cam then. Unfortunately I will be by myself so I won't have someone to hold the camera like I did today!

This is a very good product. I am so glad to have gotten the chance to test this, because I never would have bought it just by seeing it advertised.

This is a very good product. I am so glad to have gotten the chance to test this, because I never would have bought it just by seeing it advertised.

I completely agree Smalls, I really like this tool, but would never have bought one having just seen it.

I agree with Smalls as well so I'm guessing that the best advertisement for this tool would be through other golfers and forums like this. This tool does not look as good as it performs. Amazing tool we're testing here here.

---

I pulled out the GreenSaver this weekend in a Memorial Tourney.
The other guys in my group were skeptical until they saw it in action.
They still commented that it looks like it takes a lot of work and time, when really it doesn't (what's the rush anyway?) compared to a standard divot tool.
Two of the guys used it for themselves and were definitely impressed. And I'm still impressed by how good of job it does every time I fix my divots!

Even those it has gotten a lot of exposure thru THP Testers, I don't think that will be quite enough to really get this bad boy out there.
Here are some suggestions I have:

1. Set up another testing phase with THP, so more golfers can get their hands on one.
2. Work up a deal with THP, so JB can start handing out GreenSavers in THP Prize Packs.
3. Hand them out to loopers on the tour circuits.
4. Paint one camouflage and get Boo Weekley to endorse it! (as a matter of fact...paint one camouflage and send it to me!)

Other designs

Other designs

Hi Guys,
conor here again,
Some great comments and some great suggestions there. Thankyou for them all. A lot of what you say has come up before and I usually have to put it in some ones hand and get them to try it before they will believe that it really works.
On the design front I probably went for function over form and this might not have been the best idea when your trying to get people to try something new. I have since come up with more advanced designs that I'd love to show you but unfortunatly I don't think I'm allowed post pictures at this stage and even if I was I don't know if I would know how to do it. I might try JB or MB to see if they could post them or if one of you guys who know's what he's doing wants to send me an e-mail address I'll pass them on that way.
On the John Daly bit, I don't think I can do a camouflage one but I can certainly do the red, white and blue of the US flag if anybody wants to see that one.

Lastly, I don't know how long these forums run for so I would just like to say thanks to everybody who contributed in any way, and for all the kind and generous things you have said about both me and my tool. If any of my other golf inventions ever make it to the market place you will be the first guys I'll be running them by.

Talk to you later, Conor.

I gotta say I really didn't think this tool would work well. I'm totally impressed.

Tnolan those are some fantastic ideas. I would love to see more exposure of this amazing tool. I played golf with one of my favorite teachers today, and he didn't know how to properly fix a ball mark. I gave him the Greensaver for a test and he loved it. I showed him how to properly fix a ballmark with his pitchfork, and he compared the ease of it for his first time with both methods. He could perform the fix with the Greensaver about 15 seconds faster than with the pitchfork! On top of that, the fixes were much better with the Greensaver than with the pitchfork. Hopefully that is a good bit of outside feedback from a beginner, because I sure thought it was. He told me he'd alert the other faculty members at my school and hopefully get a big order in for all of them because most of them can't fix a ball mark either.

Overall, today showed me that the Greensaver is a great tool for beginners or people that don't know how to use a pitchfork. My little experiment today showed that it is faster to learn with, and definately shows better results at the beginning. Sorry I couldn't take video, but the course was pretty full and we were taking a while as it was. I'll try to next time guys.

---

Tim, how are the green where you are playing? I notice Damaikis mentioned an issue with sandy greens. Were they dry or wet?

Hi Guys,
conor here again,
Some great comments and some great suggestions there. Thankyou for them all. A lot of what you say has come up before and I usually have to put it in some ones hand and get them to try it before they will believe that it really works.
On the design front I probably went for function over form and this might not have been the best idea when your trying to get people to try something new. I have since come up with more advanced designs that I'd love to show you but unfortunatly I don't think I'm allowed post pictures at this stage and even if I was I don't know if I would know how to do it. I might try JB or MB to see if they could post them or if one of you guys who know's what he's doing wants to send me an e-mail address I'll pass them on that way.
On the John Daly bit, I don't think I can do a camouflage one but I can certainly do the red, white and blue of the US flag if anybody wants to see that one.

Lastly, I don't know how long these forums run for so I would just like to say thanks to everybody who contributed in any way, and for all the kind and generous things you have said about both me and my tool. If any of my other golf inventions ever make it to the market place you will be the first guys I'll be running them by.

Talk to you later, Conor.

Your an Awesome guy Conor. Question if ordering do we get the New one the older model? Thanks

Tim, how are the green where you are playing? I notice Damaikis mentioned an issue with sandy greens. Were they dry or wet?

Yeah, there's a problem with the prongs grabbing onto the turf when the greens are a bit sandy, and that makes it hard to work and get a good result with.

---

Played today on super sandy greens and it definitely isn't as easy on them vs good greens. However, it still gets the job done.

It was quite the hit in my group of recreational players today. I could tell one individual was one not too worried about fixing his marks. I guess it never donned on him to even try a tee because he stated that he didn't have a tool and didn't even look for his mark. I found his mark and he said "thanks" but I replied "not so fast, I'm testing this out for THP and you're gonna fix it yourself". Even after explaining before hand he went a little too steep but after I got him at the right angle he poked his way around his mark very successfully. Needless to say that he was yelling for me to throw it to him any chance he could fix one after that. He says he is gonna start playing more and, if he does, I'm guessing he will be wanting one for himself.

Your an Awesome guy Conor. Question if ordering do we get the New one the older model? Thanks

Sorry but the one you have is the only one in production. The others are only design concepts of where it could go if the finances are ever there. Hopefully I'll have some pictures for you in the next day or so and you can judge for yourself.

Conor.

I bought the greensaver off of eBay and I really like how it works. My buddy wanted to take it from me after he used it one time. The only thing I didn't like is the ball marker setup. In fact, I lost my ball marker during my first round using the greensaver. It must have fallen off at some point during the round..

I bought the greensaver off of eBay and I really like how it works. My buddy wanted to take it from me after he used it one time. The only thing I didn't like is the ball marker setup. In fact, I lost my ball marker during my first round using the greensaver. It must have fallen off at some point during the round..

That seems odd. I haven't had a problem with it at all. I don't really use that ball marker much as I have a hat clip, but I haven't had any problems with it coming off or coming loose yet. We'll see but I'm thinking that you may have put it back on wrong once and then it fell off.

---

Played again today, and unlike yesterday, I had fresh batteries in the camera. I also paired up with one of the workers who was getting in a few holes before he started work, so the 2nd and 3rd videos, I had him hold the camera. Much easier to do that way!

As you can see, this thing works great, and I like it more every time I use it. On the really bad ones, which was video #2, using Conor's advice made it very easy to fix.

Check all my pics from my review...greens were very sandy, but i didn't notice too much of a difference between the results.

Check all my pics from my review...greens were very sandy, but i didn't notice too much of a difference between the results.

From what I experienced today it wasn't the final result as the end product is always good. The process was hampered by the sand. It was wet sand and it was sticking to the prongs which wouldn't allow the tool to fully cycle. No problems with the turf. Minor inconvenience.

We are in the middle of a huge drought here is Southeast Texas, but my home course sits adjacent to the Colorado River and waters the heck out of the greens and the area around the greens. I tend to play in the early morning so the greens are usually still quite wet during most of my rounds. I have played a couple of other courses around here that don't water as much and have used the Greensaver there too....but the really dry greens don't tend to leave too many pitchmarks.

Played again today, and unlike yesterday, I had fresh batteries in the camera. I also paired up with one of the workers who was getting in a few holes before he started work, so the 2nd and 3rd videos, I had him hold the camera. Much easier to do that way!

As you can see, this thing works great, and I like it more every time I use it. On the really bad ones, which was video #2, using Conor's advice made it very easy to fix.

Nice job on the videos Smalls! I just bought a Flip UltraHD myself and will shoot some video this weekend (I forgot the damn thing last weekend as I had been playing with it at the house and forgot to take it with me....won't happen again....it and 4 new batteries are already in the golf bag)

Back