Green Saver Divot Repair Tool Forum Testing Review

I like the middle greensaver in the middle picture, that one I would buy today.

I played again with a friend who had been on vacation and was eager to see it. When I showed it to him he was kind of disappointed and cited many of the possible problems that us testers did when we first recieved the tools. I made him try it after he made a pitch mark on the first hole, and he instantly fell in love with how easy it was. Yet another person won over by the awesomeness of the Greensaver. Here's the simple review of it so far in the testing:

This ball mark repair tool is simply amazing. I have yet to experience any problems with it holding up and it fixes ball marks easier and faster than any pitchfork I've ever used. It is a great tool for beginners or people that don't know how to repair ball marks. In fact, this tool is a fantastic addition to any golf bag whether you're a pro or a weekend hacker. I highly suggest it to anybody whether you think you need it or not, and I'm in the hopes that golf clubs everywhere start to mandate the use of this tool. It keeps the greens healthy and is an all around great tool.

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Okay, I got out to play a round this morning...Holiday weekend and all, the course was packed!! We waited on every shot, but I did manage to get one video of the greensaver in action when the group behind us hit 4 balls in the water :excruciating:

The Green Saver performed great again today, even had a couple of those ugly skid mark looking ones and with Conor's tip about starting at the top and pulling back and then going around the edges really fast, they were no problem either. A few out of town buddies were in my group today and they had never seen it in action....let's just say I had to tackle one of them to get it back from him!!

After 7 or 8 rounds with the Green Saver, it has answered all of my doubts...it's plenty durable, I don't find it cumbersome in my pocket, and it makes fixing ball marks faster and easier...and best of all....it does a better job!! Here's the video from today and you be the judge. This is my first attempt at video so be gentle :D

Par 3 12th Hole 185 yards 6 Iron
[YOUTUBEHD]g6HpSqPphSQ[/YOUTUBEHD]

The ball actually hit took one hop and spun back right over the ball mark:D

Last edited:
Great job on the vid's guys, looks like this little tool works.

The testers for this have been fantastic. the videos, pictures and comments are thoroughly insightful on the efficacy of this tool. I can't wait for a couple months to roll by and see if it all holds up - looking pretty good right now.

Great video TBT! So you are a convert too! haha

Oh, and I almost forgot...one of my out of town buddies pulled out his Iphone at the clubhouse and bought himself a GreenSaver on ebay!!

Maybe I need to get Conor to put me on commission :laughing:

great reviews everybody! I am very impressed to see that the green saver works so well on the really nasty pitch marks and that i am not the only one that leaves lots of these.

Conor I definitely like the metal ones they look awesome!

Played again this morning...very windy thanks to Tropical Storm Lee over in Louisiana...I'm talking 35 mph winds at 7am! Needless to say the greens were really dried out so I didn't leave but a few pitch marks today and I kept forgeting the video camera in the cart. I did manage to get video of one pitch mark repair.

Par 4 16th Hole 426 Yards
2nd Shot hit from 140 with a 9 iron

[YOUTUBEHD]p1lhaoX8jHA[/YOUTUBEHD]

The Greensaver really works great! I dare you to try to find evidence of that pitch mark after the repair, it's like it was erased!

I really think the Green Saver will make it easy for the novice golfers to repair ball marks. It takes less time and there is really no skill to learn...you just poke around the edges and tap it down...it's that easy.

There are however drawbacks, the ball marker that was on top is now gone. I'm not sure the small magnet holds it on well enough and it fell off at some point. In my opinion, the ball marker either needs a major redesign or needs to omitted completly.

I don't think it would distract from this great product to be marketed without the ball marker, most of us carry something else for use as a ballmarker anyway.

Overall, I am still very happy with the product and I am planning on ordering a few for myself to give to some of my golfing friends and family as small Christmas gifts.

Really TBT? I haven't had any problems with it yet. I guess I'm just a bit more careful than the next guy. If you watched the little video I made about it you can tell that I really like the design of it. I think it's a great addition to a great tool.

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Played 18 holes today on Aerified greens and the device worked great. The sand got stuck in the device so it made it harder to clean but a quick flick of the plastic piece kicked most of the sand off the Green Saver. I believe every time you use the Green Saver it gets better and better. The Faster method does work better then a slow jab at the greens. This device is a real eye opener and works wonders. It would be a great purchase for people who don't know how to fix ball marks properly.

Really TBT? I haven't had any problems with it yet. I guess I'm just a bit more careful than the next guy. If you watched the little video I made about it you can tell that I really like the design of it. I think it's a great addition to a great tool.

Yeah, it may have been operator error...I may have not gotten it back on the tool good then dropped it in my pocket and then lost it on one of the next few tee boxes when I pulled out my ball and tee.

There are however drawbacks, the ball marker that was on top is now gone. I'm not sure the small magnet holds it on well enough and it fell off at some point. In my opinion, the ball marker either needs a major redesign or needs to omitted completly.

I don't think it would distract from this great product to be marketed without the ball marker, most of us carry something else for use as a ballmarker anyway.

Overall, I am still very happy with the product and I am planning on ordering a few for myself to give to some of my golfing friends and family as small Christmas gifts.

Did you check your pocket?

Once, when I pulled it out to repair a mark, the ball mark wasn't there. I thought to myself, "so, this is what everyone was talking about. I wonder when I lost this thing?". I didn't bother digging for it because, like you said, I carry one on my hat and use that one anyway. The next time I dug it out for a repair... BAM, it's right back on there.

Once, when I pulled it out to repair a mark, the ball mark wasn't there. I thought to myself, "so, this is what everyone was talking about. I wonder when I lost this thing?". I didn't bother digging for it because, like you said, I carry one on my hat and use that one anyway. The next time I dug it out for a repair... BAM, it's right back on there.

Ha. That sounds like a story to be attributed to the little Greensaver elf that stays in your pocket with it. Just trying to trick you I guess.

Yeah, I even turned the pocket inside out looking for it and it wasnt there...which is why I think it fell out when I was pulling something else out of my pocket. Honestly, I rarely used it, because like you, I carry one on a hat clip and it's just much more convient to use.

Received mine really quickly. I went to the par 3 this morning so I could hit a lot of greens (and because I've taken the last 3 weeks completely off). I found the tool really easy to use, especially after all of the great information and videos the testers have provided. Great job testers!!!

This is just an idea, and I'm not sure if it would work or not, but instead of the ball marker I was thinking of a nylon groove brush on the end. I'm not sure if it would interfere in the functionality or be comfortable in one's pocket. Just an idea.

Thank you Green Saver and THP!!!

My last round in Myrtle Beach was at Tidewater and while the course was in great shape, the greens were pretty dry and there was not a pitch mark left on a green by me the whole day.
I'm gonna post pics of the courses and some reviews in another thread in the Course Review section later.
I should be back on the soggy NJ courses Friday with the GreenSaver in tow.

And thanks to the Blind Ball Testing, I'll have the B330RX's as well.

Received mine really quickly. I went to the par 3 this morning so I could hit a lot of greens (and because I've taken the last 3 weeks completely off). I found the tool really easy to use, especially after all of the great information and videos the testers have provided. Great job testers!!!

This is just an idea, and I'm not sure if it would work or not, but instead of the ball marker I was thinking of a nylon groove brush on the end. I'm not sure if it would interfere in the functionality or be comfortable in one's pocket. Just an idea.

Thank you Green Saver and THP!!!

I think that is an awesome idea!:present:

Played another 9, the other day... had a pretty good round, and used the GreenSaver multiple times. I will use this thing till it breaks... it just keeps getting easier to use.

Just read through most of the reviews watched all the videos and such. Great job testers. You guys are really doing a bang up job putting these through its paces. I love the fact that it just makes it easier to repair marks especially for those doing it incorrectly. Conor, it's a great idea and I love some of those prototypes that are in development (especially the stainless steel ones and the red, white, blue one). I could definitely see one of these in my future. A couple of questions...

Has anyone dropped this yet on any hard surface and if so how did the casing hold up (it's one of the things that scare me about a plastic casing)? Has anyone accidentally activated this thing in their pockets yet? I could see this happening and tearing a nice chunk of my pocket or maybe the prongs are flexible enough that it won't poke a hole in them.

Conor, another thing I could think of if you decide that one of the stainless models are chosen is a single groove cleaner (instead of a brush) made of metal. Also maybe a simple hook or loop holster for those that don't want to carry these in their pocket but want them to be accessible enough so they can be on the exterior of the golf bag.

Thanks again fellas and keep up the good work!

Spank:

I have not dropped it. I have tossed it across the green and the person I was tossing it to didn't catch it and it hit the green, but that's it. And no damage from that! I never even thought about it opening up inside my pocket, and no it hasn't happened. I have been stuck with the regular divot tools though.

Another windy round this morning...I mean it was howling on the back 9. The Green Saver continued to function as advertised...it makes fixing any ball mark a snap! Here's a couple of vides from this morning...the last one I didn't have a camera man as he was in the bunker building sand sculptures :laughing:

Par 3 8th Hole 145 Yards
9 Iron to about 15 feet...ball again hit hopped and backed up almost right over the pitch mark
[YOUTUBEHD]zJ-ARJuYK-s[/YOUTUBEHD]

Par 4 17th Hole
2nd shot from 170
Hit a high 5 Hydrid into a Howling wind...you can hear how hard it was blowing in this video!
[YOUTUBEHD]y-HVo1Ov6sM[/YOUTUBEHD]

The Green Saver has definately found a permanent home in my bag!

Spank:

I have not dropped it. I have tossed it across the green and the person I was tossing it to didn't catch it and it hit the green, but that's it. And no damage from that! I never even thought about it opening up inside my pocket, and no it hasn't happened. I have been stuck with the regular divot tools though.

I'm not much concerned of the green stuff. It's when you do a cart path toss that concerns me. I don't mind scuffs but if it chips off a part of that cap, I could see that as being problematic. Yeah dumb :poop: like that activating in my pocket I can see happening with me. I hate getting stabbed. :D

I actually found it this morning on the first tee box....it was in the ball pocket of my golf bag attached to my "old" divot tool.....guess it's magnet was so strong that it just pulled the Saver's ball marker right off :D

Just read through most of the reviews watched all the videos and such. Great job testers. You guys are really doing a bang up job putting these through its paces. I love the fact that it just makes it easier to repair marks especially for those doing it incorrectly. Conor, it's a great idea and I love some of those prototypes that are in development (especially the stainless steel ones and the red, white, blue one). I could definitely see one of these in my future. A couple of questions...

Has anyone dropped this yet on any hard surface and if so how did the casing hold up (it's one of the things that scare me about a plastic casing)? Has anyone accidentally activated this thing in their pockets yet? I could see this happening and tearing a nice chunk of my pocket or maybe the prongs are flexible enough that it won't poke a hole in them.

Conor, another thing I could think of if you decide that one of the stainless models are chosen is a single groove cleaner (instead of a brush) made of metal. Also maybe a simple hook or loop holster for those that don't want to carry these in their pocket but want them to be accessible enough so they can be on the exterior of the golf bag.

Thanks again fellas and keep up the good work!

Spanks....yes I have dropped it on a cart path twice with no damage at all...don't think I would want to slam it down on anything...but an accidental drop onto a cart path or in the parking lot I think will be fine.

As far as it engaging in my pocket.....NO....and I am a big guy.....265lbs. So with me bending and sitting and swinging a club, if it hasn't poked me yet I don't think it's going to.

Spanks....yes I have dropped it on a cart path twice with no damage at all...don't think I would want to slam it down on anything...but an accidental drop onto a cart path or in the parking lot I think will be fine.

As far as it engaging in my pocket.....NO....and I am a big guy.....265lbs. So with me bending and sitting and swinging a club, if it hasn't poked me yet I don't think it's going to.

Nice, great to hear TBT. I got some tree trunks for legs and it's when I squat down my thigh gets impaled by a pitchfork sometimes. Exactly what I was looking for, muchas gracias.

Back