Ping & KBS Shaft.....rust!

Xt1ncT-NZ

Englishman in New Zealand
Reaction score
Handicap
Quick story - I bought a set of Ping i15s about a month ago, and have played 7 rounds with them.

I was fitted for KBS Tour X-Stiff then soft stepped. I have to say I love the flight these shafts give me over the PX5.5s I had before. They are also pretty long compared to the old J36 combos. I'm not used to them yet though as they have more offset etc than I am used to. I also bought the Tour -S wedges which I love. They seem a bit heavier in the head than the X-Tours I've had for the last few years.

Now here's my gripe - I've started to notice rust spots on the i15 shafts...... I'm totally gutted and it makes me question their quality as this should not happen after such a short period of time. I have wedges that are 5 years or more old that this hasn't happened to.

I have spoken to the shop that I purchased them from, and am taking them back in today so will keep you posted. Hopefully it gets sorted quickly as I have the first two rounds of club champs in 2 weeks and want to get some serious practice in beforehand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As you know, I have the same exact shaft and have not seen any rust at all. It must be a one off thing bro. I'm sorry it happened but surely they'll make things right.

As you know, I have the same exact shaft and have not seen any rust at all. It must be a one off thing bro. I'm sorry it happened but surely they'll make things right.

Agreed, probably one of those rare incidents, im sure they will get them replaced for you

True that - just a bit gutted as I've always wanted a set of custom Pings and I finally get them and this happens. I'll know for sure later today when I pop into Auckland this afternoon on the way home from the in-laws.

Hope they work it out. I don't think I've seen rust on a shaft in years. Were they built by Ping?

I have the exact same shafts in my TM and they look good as new. Contact KBS and see what they can do. They are a great company.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I would be absolutely stunned if Ping didn't take care of this. Did you play in some rain and then leave them in a non dry environment? I've had that happen to me before. I wouldn't even be worried. Ping CS is incredible:ping:

Just got back from the shop.

They're gonna contact Ping tomorrow morning (Monday) and let me know what they'll do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoke to the shop yesterday afternoon - of course we're a day ahead here so noone at Ping has been available, and the people that they have spoken to have never seen this before in Ping irons. Should know more later in the week.

Will keep you posted.

Ok have heard from the shop - Ping are sending new shafts over and they'll reshaft them under warranty.

Great customer service, am very happy with the end result!

I'm glad they got it taken care of for you, I never doubted that Ping would take care of you.

Good to hear this worked out for you.

Great customer service! Glad it's getting fixed

I actually have a few little rust spots on my shafts as well - project x. Not much and I have played them all year, but still not sure it should happen. I'll probably have them reshafted at the end of the season by PING.

Finally had my irons reshafted and go for my first game with them in Saturday.

Hopefully these won't go the same way!

Nice one. I have the KBS tour shafts in my s56 irons. Experiences with Ping customer service have been pretty positive to date!

Back