Titleist Introduces New Vokey Design SM4 Wedges

Price is a little steep, but for a Vokey, they'll get it. I like the new grinds and options, I'll have to check em out when they're released...and I need new wedges. :smile:

Looks very interesting...I like the different grinds...I need to check these out.

Is their push into the four wedge system. Interesting soles and lofts.

Kongfrontation

This is a good thing for all players to be honest, even 3 or 2 wedge players. They now can get more-or-less any loft & grind they want along with the 4 wedge guys who can fill their gaps accordingly. This is a big step forward for Titleist. I was hoping they'd do this now and we wouldn't have to wait for the next Vokey installment to fill gaps.

Lots of variety. Something for all conditions and swing types.

I'm liking the varieties in sole design. I wouldn't mind trying some out at a demo day to see how they stack up to the xFT's.

I have a couple of older Vokeys and I find them OK, but I'll definitely check out the other ones as well (Cleveland, Mizuno R12's) when I replace my wedges in a couple months. It's hard to see how a wedge perform from just hitting them into a screen/net in the shop, so a lot of my decision will be based on looks and how the club feels in my hand, and if I buy into the OEM's claims. I wish they would do fittings to help me find the right bounce and shaft though.

Man these look exactly like the Cleveland 588's.

I am thinking for 2012, a couple of these with the new AP2 712's...SWEET. I may just place an order come October.

Back